Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to Cut Antwan Randle Banks

SkinsCrushCowboys

I've been down on Banks for awhile now. I'm tired of seeing him bring the ball out from 6 yards deep in the endzone just to get tackled at the 15 every item. It's bad enough that our offense usually can't get out of it's own way so the opposing team is always playing on a half a field without u starting every drive behind the 20. That said, I was pleasantly surprised with his output this week. Not just his big returns, but just his solid KRs to the 25-30. He showed vision. I'll lay off the guy for a bit.

I don't think it is always his decision on whether or not to take the ball out. I think a lot of the time he gets advice from the other guy back there (since he obviously can't see the coverage team and the ball at the same time).

That being said, getting tackled at the 15 IMO is worth the risk. So you give up 5 yards, with a chance to break one deep. Law of averages says you'll take one to the house eventually...

That being said, getting tackled at the 15 IMO is worth the risk. So you give up 5 yards, with a chance to break one deep. Law of averages says you'll take one to the house eventually...

Eventually, sure. But is that one TD worth starting all of your drives pinned behind the 20 for 4 games straight? At some point the cost-benefit ratio stops working. Frankly I'd be happier with games like yesterday from Mr. Banks every time than with strings of tackles at the 10-15 and a TD once every handful of games.

Eventually, sure. But is that one TD worth starting all of your drives pinned behind the 20 for 4 games straight? At some point the cost-benefit ratio stops working. Frankly I'd be happier with games like yesterday from Mr. Banks every time than with strings of tackles at the 10-15 and a TD once every handful of games.

He doesn't always get tackled before the 20. I saw at least once he took it to the 23 or 24. And I wasn't keeping track, that is just the one time that stuck out in my head.

Archived