Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kory Lichtensteiger out for the year

Slateman

Sorry to see ayone hurt, especially on a reported cheap shot. I admit I did not see it and it's too early to get the replay. If it was a cheap shot, then the NFL should react by fining and suspending the opposing player for the same amount of time the injured player is out. Lichtensteiger wasn't threatening the pro Bowl but he was playing reasonably well. Moving Montgomery from center and bringing in Cook will not bode well for the OL and this team.

A high ankle sprain for Williams may keep him out of at least next week's game, but he should be back in two weeks max.

Just like the 6-2 start of 2008, this is deja vu. Without depth on the OL the offense goes downhill after the first injuries. No Oline = no offense. Still glad to see Beck come in and move the team. But this team needs more, and better OL.

C Russell said high ankle sprain out at least 2-3 weeks

If its a high ankle sprain those things can linger - depending how bad it is 2-3 weeks might be optimistic. Sucks to lose Lichtenstiger and Willams they were playing well and developing good chemistry over on the left side.

I want to watch the play Trent went down on again - he was rolled on from behind while engaged and it was nowhere near the QB. It might have been the defender who hit him was blocked in him but my immediate thought as it happened live was that was a cheap shot as well.

Archived