Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steveo21

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

6 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

I like how rick gets essentially punked the entire show then turns around and punks spencer. 

It's funny, I noticed that too. Rick knows he HAS to play along, they can't win. But he isn't cowering, between this and hiding Maggie, he isn't completely broken

50 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So should we assume the pigs that had eaten walkers didn't have any effect on the saviors?  I feel like if it did we would have heard about it.

I'm sure that is still in play.  Will probably see what effect it has this season...

Also, if Aaron has been doing scouting trips all this time, even before Rick came to Alexandria, how in the Hell did he NEVER come across Negan and co.?

13 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Youre right. Holy **** I feel stupid. I thought they took out the road with the rpg so wherever they went they had to go on foot :kickcan:

It wasn't immediately clear what that pile was because they made the bizarre choice to cgi the burning mattresses.  Is it really cheaper these days to cgi a pile of burning mattresses then just pile up some old mattresses and burn them?

Rick is also in a similar situation is when the Governor initially wanted to make his attack on the Prisoner.  His community has very few actual "soldiers" and mostly just people who have been shielded and protected.  If the residents of Alexandria actually had to go fight they'd likely freak out and get slaughtered pretty easily.  They aren't ready for any kind of war, and Rick knows this regardless of how the pure numbers stack up.  He knows the only option for now is to cooperate and make sure as many people survive as possible, however whatever is on his mind for the long term? We do not yet know.

20 minutes ago, Destino said:

It wasn't immediately clear what that pile was because they made the bizarre choice to cgi the burning mattresses.  Is it really cheaper these days to cgi a pile of burning mattresses then just pile up some old mattresses and burn them?

I don't know what to think anymore. They still (I presume) maintain that the group is in NoVa, when it's so obviously  backwoods, GA, then cgi a whole prison, pay for a tank, and cgi a tiger. Burning mattresses? why the hell not. Cash rules everything around me

Great episode last night.  Negan is an awesome villain imo.  Some great one liners too.  I loved the scene at the end when he was taking out the walker with the candlestick and you see old Rick about come out when he clinched Lucile and thought about bashing Negan's skull in.  

I'm curious to know just how far Negan's power stretches.  You would think at this point, they might try to send out scouts to travel further north and see if there are any other groups out there.  Then abandon Alexandria, for Negan and company to go inside and nobody is there, all the food, etc. gone.  Find the numbers, come back and conquer Negan.

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Great episode last night.  Negan is an awesome villain imo.  Some great one liners too.  I loved the scene at the end when he was taking out the walker with the candlestick and you see old Rick about come out when he clinched Lucile and thought about bashing Negan's skull in.  

I'm curious to know just how far Negan's power stretches.  You would think at this point, they might try to send out scouts to travel further north and see if there are any other groups out there.  Then abandon Alexandria, for Negan and company to go inside and nobody is there, all the food, etc. gone.  Find the numbers, come back and conquer Negan.

So many hits that Rick is going to do something...and they'll be consequences...

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Negan is awesome. They're building him up so that when he finally falls, it'll be epic and amazing.

They cast the right person for this role, he's perfect man.  The evil **** grin, voice, etc.  I've always enjoyed a solid villain, it makes any show just that much better.

54 minutes ago, Destino said:

Maybe there was some weird, obscure laws of what they could do in Georgia when it comes to burning real mattresses. I dunno....

I'm getting tired of Negan's schtick.  I'm also surprised that he hasn't thrown his back out with how much he leans all over the place.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

I'm getting tired of Negan's schtick.  I'm also surprised that he hasn't thrown his back out with how much he leans all over the place.

I was too--but I think that's part of it. The writers want to get their audience to REALLY hate Neagan--so when he finally falls--there is an epic catharsis. That's what great villians do.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Talking like that will get you french kissed by Lucile.

The entire Negan storyline in the comic went so many places....it was very extensive and that is all I can say without giving any spoilers.  Will be interesting to see how it plays out on the show considering they did a really good job differentiating the comic book Governor from the TV show Governor and both were pretty good.

My opinion:

Rick acknowledging that the kid isn't his at the end of the episode  is meant to show that he will do anything to protect human life (those worth protecting that is) contrast that with Spencer saying it's Ricks fault that everyone in Alexandria is dieing. 

Interesting setup coming between those two.

My guess is Spencer tries to take out Negan in some hastily contrived plan and Rick takes Spencer out so that he doesn't fail and bring more bat action on their heads.

Sets up Rick willing to give up short term skirmishes for the long term war victory. 

1 minute ago, daveakl said:

My opinion:

Rick acknowledging that the kid isn't his at the end of the episode  is meant to show that he will do anything to protect human life (those worth protecting that is) contrast that with Spencer saying it's Ricks fault that everyone in Alexandria is dieing. 

Interesting setup coming between those two.

My guess is Spencer tries to take out Negan in some hastily contrived plan and Rick takes Spencer out so that he doesn't fail and bring more bat action on their heads.

Sets up Rick willing to give up short term skirmishes for the long term war victory. 

Definitely.  It is showing that Rick has to let certain things go for the greater good. It would have done absolutely NO ONE any good for him to have flown off the handle early on when he probably expected Judith wasn't his. In the pre-zombie apocalypse world that would have been a different scenario (although Shane/Lori probably never happens anyway).  In the new world, preserving their lives and safety aka SURVIVAL is what matters the most.

47 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

Thought it was a pretty meh episode. Didn't see the need for it to be 90 minutes either.

My wife and I had the same reaction--except to cram in more commercials. Although, we thought it was pretty good. Anytime Neagen is on screen, you just feel like someone is going to die.

16 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

My wife and I had the same reaction--except to cram in more commercials. Although, we thought it was pretty good. Anytime Neagen is on screen, you just feel like someone is going to die.

I loved when he was just sitting in the backyard with the girl he said he was gonna kill. Just chillen like they were at a BBQ. lol

25 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The commercials were overkill last night. Pretty sure the actual show run-time wasn't any longer than normal. Just seemed like they were trying anything to throw in more commercials. Usually, the commercial breaks seem to fit into the show. Last night, it seemed like they were just throwing breaks in there wherever they could.

2 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

The commercials were overkill last night. Pretty sure the actual show run-time wasn't any longer than normal. Just seemed like they were trying anything to throw in more commercials. Usually, the commercial breaks seem to fit into the show. Last night, it seemed like they were just throwing breaks in there wherever they could.

It felt like an NFL game, in that regard

Negan is great and is acted really really well. My issue is even though the show so far this season has been good, it's running out of steam. I think this Negan arc should be the end of the show. They will try to drag it on and on for as long as they can because it makes them great money, but after Negan then what? An even worse Negan? The zombies aren't much of a threat they slaughtered an entire hoard of them. Ive read the graphic novels up until when the Negan arc ends so not sure where the graphic novels go after Negan, but I think the television show needs to end and it can end on a high note with the way the Negan arc is going. 

1 hour ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

I loved when he was just sitting in the backyard with the girl he said he was gonna kill. Just chillen like they were at a BBQ. lol

I thought that was sickeningly hilarious lol

Also when Gabriel popped out of nowhere behind Negan like Turturro in Mr Deeds :rofl89:

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Also when Gabriel popped out of nowhere behind Negan like Turturro in Mr Deeds :rofl89:

Gabriel will become important, IMO.  He sort of freaked Negan out and no one freaks Negan out and lives.