Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

I wonder if the person shooting from the top of the building in next weeks preview is someone we already know. I'm hoping it turns out to be Morgan.

I would say with almost 100% certainty that Morgan will be in the next episode. Not sure if he is the one shooting at them or not, but I'll bet he is in the next episode.

I still say Andrea is going to suffer the wrath of the Governor sooner or later, and then she will truly realize the mistake she made. There is no way the Governor, given what we know about him so far, is going to be ok with Andrea not only being at Woodbury, but also keep the status she has among the town, if he isn't 100% she is loyal to Woodbury's interests. It would be totally out of his character to just kind of let her continue to hold any position of influence over the townspeople unless he is certain she is willing to be his mouthpiece.

It's not that I dislike the show at all, it's just that I feel like nothing is happening. The dialogue isn't super either. I get that everything is being set up. I'm cool with that. It just seems that the plot is moving at a snail's pace.

I don't think anybody watches the Walking Dead expecting to see Emmy Award winning performances, but the lack of action really the last 3 weeks really highlights the weak acting.

The thing people have to remember is The Walking Dead is not a 2 hour movie who's purpose is to go by a certain structure and pack a bunch of action into before the climax.

The Walking Dead is supposed to tell the story of the long term effects and outcomes of living in the world of a zombie apocalypse. Every single day isn't going to be filled with battles and fights or even zombie killing. Hell, the show is much more fast paced than the comic. In the comic, without giving away anything major, the Prison had it's own focus and story arcs as far as what happened once the group got there before Woodbury/The Governor even came into the picture, whereas the show has made it a parallel storyline that has almost left the Prison itself from becoming anything than a place to sleep.

I think what happens is each week we are only really getting about 42 mins of new show, taking commercials into account. So it feels like "nothing happened" My advice is to go back and watch Season 2 on netflix, and marathon it out in a day or two and I think you will see it wasn't really as slow as you thought it was when you were waiting a week between episodes followed by the mid-seaosn break to delay things even further..

I think what happens is each week we are only really getting about 42 mins of new show, taking commercials into account. So it feels like "nothing happened" My advice is to go back and watch Season 2 on netflix, and marathon it out in a day or two and I think you will see it wasn't really as slow as you thought it was when you were waiting a week between episodes followed by the mid-seaosn break to delay things even further..

You're probably right about that, it wouldn't feel nearly as slow watching it that way.

I dunno man...I understand they've got to set everything up, continue developing characters, etc...but I am one of those folks that's starting to get a little annoyed by all the build up already. I mean can you blame some of us for having such high expectations for blood after what they did in season 1? Every single one of the 6 episodes felt like a movie. NON-STOP action, several different locations every episode, constantly on the move. Pure chaos. I understand that at the time of making season 1, the writers/developers had no idea how successful the show would be so they tossed a lot into every one of the 6 episodes.

I'd like to see a little more killin' and a lot fewer "filler" scenes. Every episode of season 1 had me on the edge of my seat with excitement, where as seasons 2 and 3 have been moving along at a snail's pace. Season 1 we got a good 20-25 minutes of "action" every episode, where as seasons 2 and 3 we get maybe 10.

For this season to be moving along so slowly now, I just hope the "pay off" is worth it. All this tension and drama they've been building and with several episodes being pretty slow and uneventful, I hope the last 4 episodes leave me feeling satisfied.

I don't get it. People complain when shows have poor character or story development, but also when shows take the time to develop characters and storylines....

I think some of us are just amped up knowing that the showdown between Woodbury and the Prison is inevitable. I'm on the 'this has been slow' side, but know it will pay off, bigtime. After all, Daryl is back and there's gonna be hell to pay!

I accidentally read a spoiler about next week's episode on roamersandlurkers.com . My oh my, are things going to be crazy. ;)

Sweet!!!! I hate being spoiled though so I'm going to stay away from that site lol. I just hope that my guess comes true. I've been looking forward to it since the very first episode.

Ok, major wtf moment, Morgan has an arsenal and they leave with a couple bags, like party favors or those gift bags they hand out on Oscar night? I'm loadin' up, Governor McSquint is training an army, I want a LOT of lead to throw downrange.

I'm real disappointed Morgan didn't go back to the prison.

extremely. the guy is such a good actor, dont tease us and not bring him back.

we have what...4 episodes left this season? time for Morgan to either come his senses and make his way to the prison to help fight...or they might have to fall back to his building if they lose the war.

I'm real disappointed Morgan didn't go back to the prison. I wonder if that is the last time we will see him on the show

He will be back.

Anyway, damn that was a powerful episode....best one of the season so far. I think Rick realized that he needs the group and can't keep pushing people away or he risks becoming exactly what he saw in Morgan. Isolated, alone, and crazy.

I think that's also the reason he picked up the hitchhikers backpack at the end. He probably knows now that he needs to let others in and should have stopped for the guy to at least vet him.

Anyway, damn that was a powerful episode....best one of the season so far. I think Rick realized that he needs the group and can't keep pushing people away or he risks becoming exactly what he saw in Morgan. Isolated, alone, and crazy.

I think that's also the reason he picked up the hitchhikers backpack at the end. He probably knows now that he needs to let others in and should have stopped for the guy to at least vet him.

Rick got a glimpse of his future in Morgan, hopefully it shocks him back towards reality. They finally gave Michonne a chance to expand her character beyond rage drunk ninja woman, a definite plus. This episode was an answer for those who have been griping about it being too slow, too dull, etc. Maybe the strongest one yet.

Man, I kinda felt bad for the hitchhiker though, poor SOB manages to make it that far, sees others and then his own running/yelling gets him chomped, harsh. And oh yeah, we'll take your pack, see if there's anything good, thanks dude :thumbsup:

yeah, i knew at the end we'd eventually see that backpack on the ground...that was really messed up, but i guess thats the world they lve in

walking along some country highway, alone, not having seem a living person for days. only to have folks ignore you several times after seeing you....that had to suck.

Archived