• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      Good afternoon Redskins fans!  I have once again been invited to sit in the relative comfort of the press box and shout my thoughts into the void via this blog.  As you watch the game today and see the rain  pour relentlessly from the heavens, know that I am safe and dry.  Know also that @Spaceman Spiff is out there somewhere, cold and unappreciated, rolling around in the muck trying to capture that perfect picture.  Maybe say a little prayer for his health (or laugh, whatever, I’m not judging you).  Also, be sure not to miss the pictures he posts on this site after each game.     

Before we get into today's Redskins game, I want give some thanks for more positive occurrences in DC sports.  Congrats to the Washington Mystics for winning their first championship.  Congrats go out to the Washington Nationals as well for reaching the world series.  These two teams (along with the Caps) are working hard to change the sports related mood around this town, and we're all happier for it. 

Lets move now into less cheerful topics, namely your Washington Redskins!  Yow know things are going bad, and I mean really dang bad, when your team has gone through three quarterbacks and two coaches and your not even half way through the season.  Today's fresh hell comes in the form of a specter of the our recent past coming to smirk at our misfortune.  Im talking of course of Kyle.  Kyle's spent the week assuring everyone that he isn’t holding a grudge, while very obviously holding a grudge.  “Everything else.”  You know what I’m talking about. 

If all he brought to town were his hurt feelings we wouldn’t have a problem.  Sadly, he’s arrived with an undefeated football team that the NFL says we have to play this week.  This feels entirely unfair. 

My generic key to the game:  Run the ball and stop the run.  The team (spoiler alert: 49ers) that does this today will win.   

Redskins Inactives  
      QB Colt McCoy  
      S Deshazor Everett  
      CB Josh Norman  
      RB Chris THompson  
      LB Josh Harvey-Clemons 
      G Wes Martin  
      TE Vernon Davis  

49ers inactives  
      QB CJ Beathard 
      WR Deebo Samuel  
      CB Ahkello Witherspoon  
      FB Kyle Juszczyk 
      T Mike McGLinchey 
      T Joe Staley 
      DL DJ Jones 

1st Quarter Update
      Redskins 0 – 0 49ers

Callahan wasn’t playing around when he said he wanted to run the ball.  That first drive was all runs, and looked great... right up until they tried to pass the ball.  Hopkins missed the relatively short fied goal, because of course he did.     

Maybe Quinn isn’t a good choice to be returning punts?  Consider it.    

That second Redskins drive looked more like what we’ve come to expect from this offense.  Run for negative yards, pass dropped, and an unsuccessful screen pass.  A quintessential Redskins three and out. 

Passing yards this quarter:  Redskins 3. 49ers 9.  Are you not entertained?! 

Half Time Update
      Redskins 0 – 0 49ers 

How happy are you to spend your Sunday afternoon watching this game?  Consider that some people paid money, to sit in a poncho, in the rain, to watch this game. 

It’s now time for those half time adjustments that our beloved skins do so well.  It’s unlikely the second half mirrors the first. 

3rd Quarter Update 
      Redskins 0 – 3 49ers  

Good news, this game will not end in a 0-0 tie.  Those half time adjustments have kicked in as expected and the 49ers have found a way onto the scoreboard in this messy throwback game.  The Redskins have decided to spend the second half collecting holding penalties and sadness.  Mercifully, only one quarter remains. 

End of Game Update 
      Redskins 0 – 9 49ers 

Callahan hasn’t spent much time as the head coach of the Washington Redskins, but he’s already proven that his team can waste 2nd half timeouts like a veteran.  It makes little sense to adopt a strategy that shortens the game when your team is losing, and it makes even less sense when your team is short on time outs.  I’m not really sure what the thinking as late in this game.    

Next week Kirk Cousins!   

steveo21

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

Spoilers if you haven't seen this week's episode.

When Axel got shot, I literally yelled HOLY ****. Completely out of the blue.

Was a bit of a slow episode until the gunfight. Things are about to start heating up again though.

This group of idiots essentially does everything wrong and manages to stay alive. Armed killers and zombies are after them and they have a hole in their shelter... Time to have a group venting session instead of manning the guard towers! Also, who let the crazy guy go on a walk with a AR15? It worked out well but that's generally a bad idea.

The zombie van was cool but I was secretly hoping wolves would pour out the back while the governor yelled "surprise mother****ers, didn't see that coming did ya" before racing away.

Edited by Destino

So axel was probably the furthest person away from the governor and he still put one right through his head. After that he suddenly becomes and amateur and can't hit the broadside of a barn. Found that interesting.

---------- Post added February-18th-2013 at 09:06 AM ----------

Carol. Goes. Unloved.

Axels death was timed perfectly. With Daryl coming back there's nothing stopping her now. I would have hated to suffer through watching that love triangle unfold.

When Daryl came to Rick's rescue at the end and.put an arrow through that walker's head, i jumped up and started screaming.

Epic Daryl is epic.

Yeah the ending to last night was epic. i was screaming for joy at my tv when Daryl showed up to save Rick.

I was jumping around and high-fiving the wife like the Redskins just scored :ols:

Another pretty boring episode until the shootout. It was cool seeing Rick snap out of his Lori trance as soon as the gunshot went.off. rick is back, ****es!

A few thoughts:

• Scott Wilson (aka Herschel) and Rick's dialogue when he finally opens up was incredible acting. Loved that scene and love Herschel more and more.

• The ending was great but I'm a little confused as to why the Governor and team drove away. Seems like they had the group right where they wanted them...could have finished the job!

• I hope Merle can somehow make amends with the group. I'd love to see him and Darryl together with the group.

• Michonne finally spoke!!!

A few thoughts:

• Scott Wilson (aka Herschel) and Rick's dialogue when he finally opens up was incredible acting. Loved that scene and love Herschel more and more.

• The ending was great but I'm a little confused as to why the Governor and team drove away. Seems like they had the group right where they wanted them...could have finished the job!

• I hope Merle can somehow make amends with the group. I'd love to see him and Darryl together with the group.

I dont think the governor felt like battling the group and all the walkers he released. He probably planned on just letting the walkers taking out a few of them.

Which reminds me....what happened to the driver of the truck full of walkers? It looked like a female judging by the frame and build. After she jumped out of the truck she just kind of disappeared?

Which reminds me....what happened to the driver of the truck full of walkers? It looked like a female judging by the frame and build. After she jumped out of the truck she just kind of disappeared?

Good question. The Governor picked her up? She was running towards the front of the prison while shooting at Michone. As the Governor is leaving you see his truck stop for a split second. At first I thought it was to avoid Glenn's truck but now I'm thinking it was to pick up the other driver.

Anyone notice the tattoos switch sides on Darryl's back? When Merle pushes him down they are on the right...and when Darryl gets up and puts on his backpack they are on the left.

Good question. The Governor picked her up? She was running towards the front of the prison while shooting at Michone. As the Governor is leaving you see his truck stop for a split second. At first I thought it was to avoid Glenn's truck but now I'm thinking it was to pick up the other driver.

Anyone notice the tattoos switch sides on Darryl's back? When Merle pushes him down they are on the right...and when Darryl gets up and puts on his backpack they are on the left.

I didn't catch it but it doesn't surprise me in the least. There are so many continuity error in a given episode....it cant almost be distracting at times.

I didn't catch it but it doesn't surprise me in the least. There are so many continuity error in a given episode....it cant almost be distracting at times.

I asked the same thing to my buddies and they thought she had been picked back up by the Gov... I'll have to re-watch though

I asked the same thing to my buddies and they thought she had been picked back up by the Gov... I'll have to re-watch though

I was referring more to Daryl's moving tattoo, but yeah I'll have to see again if they show a part of her getting picked up. I noticed it almost instantly because there is a scene explicitly showing her getting out of the truck, and then after that I don't remember seeing her at all.

Pretty cool when Daryl crushed that walker's head in the trunk. All that blood and brain matter.....sweet. :)

Someone eluded to it earlier, but I don't understand why these guys can put a round in a zombie's head at 60 meters with a pistol, but can't shoot people worth anything. A 2 minute firefight ensues and 2,000 rounds later, everyone goes back to their corners. Irritating at best. I want to watch people die.

So maybe I'm reading too much into this... but the scene in the woods between Daryl and Merle when Merl rips his shirt and sees something on his back. He says something that seems to indicate a bad thing was done to Daryl by "someone" in the past "too." Seemed to allude to abuse or something family related.

Did anyone else catch that?

So maybe I'm reading too much into this... but the scene in the woods between Daryl and Merle when Merl rips his shirt and sees something on his back. He says something that seems to indicate a bad thing was done to Daryl by "someone" in the past "too." Seemed to allude to abuse or something family related.

Did anyone else catch that?

I got the impression that they had an abusive father and Merle left the house, leaving Darryl alone with the dad.

Someone eluded to it earlier, but I don't understand why these guys can put a round in a zombie's head at 60 meters with a pistol, but can't shoot people worth anything. A 2 minute firefight ensues and 2,000 rounds later, everyone goes back to their corners. Irritating at best. I want to watch people die.

Zombies don't shoot back :evilg:

The convict and the guy in the tower died, nice closeup on Alex even (I got my two dead,but missed on who was gonna kill em dangit)

I hope they reveal who drove the truck through the fence. Otherwise it was pretty lame to hide their identity like that.

I also hope the main crew gets reunited with the "others" soon. I liked Tyreese.

A few thoughts:

My guess is he didnt know how many people were actually in the prison they would have to take out, so they made them suffer by releasing walkers into the front yards. Actually, I think it was phase I of an overall plan to take them out. The yards are now flooded with walkers and it lets them know that at any time, they can **** with them. They essentially are trapped inside the prison. If the town comes in full force after them, it would be a straight up massacre.