Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Okay...im getting kinda bored.

Im all for character development and all, but things have slowed WAY down. First season of this show was a non-stop adrenaline rush. All out chaos.

And now, for the third episode in a row, they're walking the woods looking for the girl. Yawn.

Can anybody who has read the comics tell Me if things pick up anytime soon without spoiling anything?

Yes it really picks up again (very soon) but I'm assuming they stick to the major plot line when I say that. Alot of the things we are seeing are "off the reservation" as far as the graphic novels are concerned.

Yea they really need to bring the missing girl thing to a conclusion it is getting repetitive. I mean at this point finding her alive would be really unrealistic unless she somehow ended up with another group of survivors. As far as the walkers in the barn my first thought when I saw that went to survival of the dead.

Andrea is a much more likeable character in the comics. She's actually probably my favorite. That being said, i think fans of the tv show will begin liking her more as the series progresses due to her changes in character. I could be wrong, but i don't suspect Andrea will continue being the naive, moron that she's been to this point. As for them still searching for Sophia, i have a feeling it will pay off with something exciting, so just bare with it.

I love this show. I really enjoyed the Rambo moment and just about that whole 15 minutes of that was great. For those wondering about the barn. Think back to the 2nd or 3rd epsiode and the talk about losing a wife and I think two sons. Also, think back to the talk with Rick about religion and plagues. There was also another clue when Maggie saw Rick's group killed a zombie. They still see the zombie's as people and not the walking dead.

I have the feeling they can't bring themselves to kill anyone - zombie or human. Would go along well with the old dude's distaste for guns on his property. Maybe they're doing an experiment ala 28 Days Later in hopes that they will become human again??

What I want to know is why 2 episodes ago they told Grimes & Co. they could get water out of the specific well that had a fatass zombie in it. Did they not know there was one in there??

Hell on wheels is excellent. My only concerns is there seem to be a few too many storylines thus far. But so far I love it

I think they are going to merge together as the show progresses. I always get that feeling at the beginning of a large period piece show.

You know Bohannan and the chick with the maps are going to start banging.

My biggest gripe is that Durant is such a poor man's version of Al Swearengen (right down to the monologues to nothing) that I almost don't take him seriously.

The change to the writers is becoming painfully obvious, Like I said before the major shift in intelligence is getting hard to overlook as is the much slower pace. Having said that the zombie in the well looked cool as hell and the part where it ripped open was pure zombie goodness!

The question of "why keep the zombies in the barn" reminds me of three common explanations for it in books and movies. 1 - He thinks they are still human and doesn't think they should be killed for religious or personal reasons. 2 - The zombies are a form of punishment for disobedience. 3 - They are being kept around to study or observe. Often times it's more then one of the explanations.

I'm thinking he claims it's #1 and is using them for #2. Old guy seems like he's got one heck of a dark side to him.

...2 - The zombies are a form of punishment for disobedience...

Wow, I hadn't even considered that...I'm thinking you may be right, at least I hope you are, that would open stuff up real fast. I also have a feeling that this slowness is about to go away. The more I think about it the more it seems likely that some of the secondary group members are about to be gone/dead, hence the need to develop characters like Daryl, Shane, Andrea (idiot).

Out of the 5 episodes this season I'd say it's been half great, half frustrating. I look for the next 2 episodes leading up to the mid-season break to be the best of the season. A lot of this is up to Glenn though...lets hope he doesn't disappoint!

i don't think Herschel's crazy....i personally think the direction the tv show is going to go in is that the zombies in the barn are family members/close friends, and they can't stand to kill them when they don't know for sure that there isn't a way to cure them.

He definitely has some power/control issues.

Yup, he sends out all kinds of creepy vibes and I been waiting for that "shoe to drop."

Per the theories on the barn bunch, last night I PM'ed some guys leanign to what would be #3 on DEs' list: given the sort of "leader complex" this former veterinarian seems to have for a guy with a fairly modest social position prior to the plague, and how he doesn't hesitate to carry his practice to humans (a necessity, sure, and he seems good at it, but it's almost like he has the "god complex" surgeons are often labeled with) i figure he's the personality type to keep walkers around to experiment on them, dangerous as it is, to find out how they mutated, or how to kill or heal them ala vaccines/medical interventions and so on...

ok that episode was pretty boring.

what a ridiculously anti climactic and boring ending. it completely felt just like a commercial break

not every episode can be them being chased by hordes of zombies, there has to be character development and the setting and tone have to be maintained. So this episode you get people training/honing their survival skills, and all sorts of character conflicts were developed, both personal and with others. If all you're expecting is the cliche zombie movie with a bunch of killing and running around, then I can see why the episode was boring. If you actually like character development and a more realistic approach where there are conflicts besides just the one vs. the zombies, then this episode was pretty good, IMO.

Just an FYI, the show is deviating from the comics quite a bit. As a fan of the comics, I am enjoying seeing the story take a different turn. The general story is the same, but some of the character development is completely different. I'm curious to see where they go from here.

If you're worried that reading the comics will give away the story, it won't. You'll learn some stuff (eg. Glenn/Maggie relationship, barn of zombies) but lots of other things change.

not every episode can be them being chased by hordes of zombies, there has to be character development and the setting and tone have to be maintained. So this episode you get people training/honing their survival skills, and all sorts of character conflicts were developed, both personal and with others. If all you're expecting is the cliche zombie movie with a bunch of killing and running around, then I can see why the episode was boring. If you actually like character development and a more realistic approach where there are conflicts besides just the one vs. the zombies, then this episode was pretty good, IMO.

I'm not looking for a Michael Bay-Jerry Bruckheimer **** show, but 50% of the last 4 episodes was spent looking for the little girl.

Archived