Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

i was hoping the third season picked up right where the second season left off (like season 2 did after season 1). I usually prefer when shows transition like that but this episode was still awesome despite skipping the winter and fast forwarding a few months.

:ninja: below. Can we post stuff specifics that happened in the episode last night?

I'm really bummed about Hershel. Is there any chance he survives and doesn't turn into a zombie?

Also, I really hope that Andrea and Michonne meet back up with Rick and the group. I'd be really disappointed if they never reunite by the end of the season. It looks like Andrea and Michonne are going to meet up with another group that will keep them occupied for a while and there will be two separate story lines going on.

1. Here I am sitting and thinking about how zombies move. Like where do they get the energy to move. Do they even digest? If so then the longer they go, wouldn't they become weaker? Then I remember that I have to suspend disbelief to enjoy a show like this.

2. I'm just a sucker for maggie yesterday. Low cut tank top, working up a sweat killlin' zombies=kinda hot.

I always think of the biology of zombies, and I realize that it just isnt possible the way people have created them. Especially after the last episode of season 1 when the doctor showed the MRI and pointed out that there brains are almost totally inactive. Any one who's taken a basic brain anatomy course can point out the flaws with this idea. After that I just accepted that evolution would have to take an extreme detour for zombies to ever happen in real life.

1. Here I am sitting and thinking about how zombies move. Like where do they get the energy to move. Do they even digest? If so then the longer they go, wouldn't they become weaker? Then I remember that I have to suspend disbelief to enjoy a show like this.

2. I'm just a sucker for maggie yesterday. Low cut tank top, working up a sweat killlin' zombies=kinda hot.

Agree on both points! Now that we seen our survivors have made it through an entire winter, im starting to question how long the zombies will survive. As you said, where are their bodies getting fuel?

And Maggie was killing me with that tank top. Mmmmm.

From seeing previews of the season at the end of the episode, I hope this season's "the governor" theme doesn't get cheesy...

So can we talk about last night's episode or not? Because it seems pointless to have a Walking Dead thread but we can't talk about the episode since that would be a "spoiler." How bout you don't come into the thread if you haven't seen the episode? I know I wouldn't.

I think Jumbo means no spoilers from the comics.

I suppose you could get the energy from chemical/biological reaction,but it would seem they would waste away eventually

decomposition combined with some microbe to utilize the gases/chemicals released could certainly generate energy.

maybe that is why they need flesh, as far as brains....they seem far from cerebral,and if you remove the need for thought and body system support is much really needed?....is walking ,grasping.chewing that difficult?

I'll defer to those that have studied people from Arkansas :silly:

I suppose you could get the energy from chemical/biological reaction,but it would seem they would waste away eventually

decomposition combined with some microbe to utilize the gases/chemicals released could certainly generate energy.

maybe that is why they need flesh, as far as brains....they seem far from cerebral,and if you remove the need for thought and body system support is much really needed?....is walking ,grasping.chewing that difficult?

I'll defer to those that have studied people from Arkansas :silly:

Yeah, you'd figure the walkers at least in the prison cells would have decayed away by now - doubt they've tasted flesh. But alas...

Loved the episode! Rick, while an improved badass, seems to be somewhat of an ******* now. I dig how the remaining camp is trained on weapons... "don't break rank!".

LOL @ Carl yielding a gun landing headshots...Damnit Carl!

I feel bad for Herschel - I hope he survives.

Loved the ending... "Holy ****!"

Loved the ending... "Holy ****!"

Yea when I saw the previews for this season, I thought the standoff at the prison was going to be between the Rick's group and whoever Andrea and Michonne end up running in to. But I guess the standoff will be with the survivors they saw at the end of the episode?

Also, i really liked the opening of last night's episode. I felt like that was the most realistic portrayal of what the group would be going through. It's not all CDC buildings and farms.

Yea when I saw the previews for this season, I thought the standoff at the prison was going to be between the Rick's group and whoever Andrea and Michonne end up running in to. But I guess the standoff will be with the survivors they saw at the end of the episode?

You may be right, but I'm not sure about that... You notice that one of the surviving inmates on the left hand side is yielding what looks to be a broom stick. the dude that says "holy ****" seems to be more surprised than anything. I assumed that these guys sort of locked themselves up from the inside for protection, not having the strength/weapons/numbers to ward off the walkers. Perhaps they'll join forces?

Of course I could be completely wrong...

I didn't read the comic but i'm guessing that Lorrie and/or baby dies. (hoping really). there is no way the baby can make it in this world. and Lorrie just annoys the hell out of me.... also with Hershel sure to die i think that the inmates will be a problem because of the females in the group... specifically the youngest daughter. I think they have to team up seeing as the inmates probably have all the supplies by now and know the fascility. If i'm right i can see Carl getting violent w/ the inmates as he seems to like the daughter.

why can't it survive?...the Turdlet has despite his best efforts at a Darwin award:silly:

I'm sure there will be conflict related to the females/convicts, things were getting too settled in the group

I hope they don't go that direction with the females and the dudes who are in the jail. It's such an obvious story line.

They have been pretty good at tweaking away from the obvious(and the comic), a number of ways that dynamic works

So can we talk about last night's episode or not? Because it seems pointless to have a Walking Dead thread but we can't talk about the episode since that would be a "spoiler." How bout you don't come into the thread if you haven't seen the episode? I know I wouldn't.
I think Jumbo means no spoilers from the comics.

Since even the simplest things often require guidance around here :evilg: :D :pfft: I will answer you and say that after an episode has aired on the network, it's certainly reasonable to discuss it. I am trying not to add "durr." :D Oh dammit. :ols:

More seriously, spoilers would be material from any source that provides information not yet revealed in the tv series. It's that simple. This thread is about watching and sharing on the TV series.

I believe someone actually, and quite properly, started a separate book thread for Game of Thrones just to avoid such problems.

Since even the simplest things often require guidance around here :evilg: :D :pfft: I will answer you and say that after an episode has aired on the network, it's certainly reasonable to discuss it. I am trying not to add "durr." :D Oh dammit. :ols:

More seriously, spoilers would be material from any source that provides information not yet revealed in the tv series. It's that simple. This thread is about watching and sharing on the TV series.

I believe someone actually, and quite properly, started a separate book thread for Game of Thrones just to avoid such problems.

Gotcha Jumbo! haha well perfect! Cuz last nights episode was great. I'm curious though, how did Andrea end up with Michonne? Last season's ending did not indicate they'd be together at all!

Archived