Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

I'm so ****ing pissed that seriously the third status update I read on Facebook this morning said that Shane was dead. Of course last night was the one night I didn't watch live and I planned to watch today on demand.

I ****ing hate finding out **** like that in that way. :mad:

Hence my edit on the thread title. :evilg:

For the 2nd question i think the best place to live would be the middle of no where in Washington State were you are 100s of miles from the nearest town and you make tree houses to live in. The other option would be to get a nice size boat. Maybe a Yacht sized and get a water purification set and live on the boat. You could live off the ocean you could have plenty of water. You just have to worry about rogue waves.

I'd rather have a car as well to facilitate escape. I would go to the nearest marina and steal a boat with a moor and a sail and live out on the water. I'd make sure to bring a fishing rod and also a large pot and a grill. Not just for cooking fish, but also to boil sea water. Of course you need a some kind of cover to collect the steam and get fresh water. I'd also get old newspaper and fold it several times and line it in long sleeve jacket and pants for travel to prevent bites. And yes, I've thought about this before too, lol.

someone pointed out before that in WWZ I think that zombies walked on the ocean floor and would climb up anchor lines. So I guess first you have to see what the zombies are capable of, or just don't drop anchor.

Looks like the zombie story jumped to a different line. Everyone turns upon death.

How is it a different line? Many of us have assumed that's what the CDC doctor whispered to Rick in season one, and they've been setting it up.

---------- Post added March-12th-2012 at 10:35 PM ----------

But I am thinking now that can't have been what he whispered to Rick, because Rick didn't know after killing Shane.

1. He was watching the body pretty closely until his son walking in on him with his dead former-best friend shocked him.

2. He was already in a state of shock anyways.

He knew.

---------- Post added March-12th-2012 at 10:37 PM ----------

Part of me wants them to go towards the Day by Day Armageddon route and introduce especially deadly type of zombie. In that book the radio active ones are faster... And well radio active. :)

Won't happen, that would go against everything the zombies in the comics are. They are just the backdrop, scenery. The creator has said the zombies will never be more than they are. He respects the evolution of Romero's ideas for zombies over time, but sticks to the original, shambling ones.

Lori wants to be a housewife. On last night's episode Rick says for everybody to get in the house and lock up. Later on Carl just walks up to Rick :ols: What the hell is Lori doing, just last week he was throwing rocks at a zombie. :ols: This kid is allowed to run around when the world is full of zombies and dangerous people are on the loose.

The only way this group survives is if Carl and Lori die. Otis should have finished the job. :ols:

The stupidity of those two is just astounding.

Lori wants to be a housewife. On last night's episode Rick says for everybody to get in the house and lock up. Later on Carl just walks up to Rick :ols: What the hell is Lori doing, just last week he was throwing rocks at a zombie. :ols: This kid is allowed to run around when the world is full of zombies and dangerous people are on the loose.

The only way this group survives is if Carl and Lori die. Otis should have finished the job. :ols:

Her baby will be crawling in woods by him/herself in no time.

Rick and Lori are the worst parents ever. Carl is pretty much guaranteed to cut himself to death on a parked car.

And Otis was the hero TWD needed. :(

Okay i 2 questions for everyone who loves the Walking Dead.

1) IF you lived during these times would you rather have

A) A Car

B) A Gun (anytype of gun with a fair amount of ammo)

2)Where would you try to live to stay safe?

I'd much rather have gun(s) with loads of ammo as i could always find a vehicle until it runs out of fuel before going to the next one. As far as location, the boat idea is good but if that was not an option somewhere fortified that's easily protected not not too remote that I would be too far from gaining supplies if/when needed. You also need to take into account that you would need to have more than one designated safe location in case one or the other get's compromised just like Herschel` farm.

Ah, touche'.

On an unrelated note, does anybody find it unlikely that slow, dumb walkers could overtake the US army, let alone, any global military presence?

From World War Z:

Sure, we were unprepared, our tools, our training, everything I just talked about, all one class-A, gold-standard cluster****, but the weapon that really failed wasn’t something that rolled off an assembly line. It’s as old as…I don’t know, I guess as old as war. It’s fear, dude, just fear and you don’t have to be Sun freakin Tzu to know that real fighting isn’t about killing or even hurting the other guy, it’s about scaring him enough to call it a day... “Shock and Awe”? Perfect name, “Shock and Awe”! But what if the enemy can’t be shocked and awed? Not just won’t, but biologically can’t! That’s what happened that day outside New York City, that’s the failure that almost lost us the whole damn war. The fact that we couldn’t shock and awe Zack boomeranged right back in our faces and actually allowed Zack to shock and awe us! They’re not afraid! No matter what we do, no matter how many we kill, they will never, ever be afraid!

for those blaming Shane for leaving Rick for dead and then banging his wife, I always saw it like this:

During that flashback, it showed Shane waiting by Rick's side when all hell was breaking loose. The military with automatic rifles were slaughtering non-infected humans. Zombies were coming from everywhere. Was Shane really supposed to go out guns blazing against a bunch of guys with automatic weapons? He barricaded the door before he left, and because of that he actually saved Rick's life. There was no way he was carrying Rick out of the hospital.

Also, Lori is just as much to blame as Shane when it comes to them having an affair so shortly after her husbands supposed death.

Just my .02

On an unrelated note, does anybody find it unlikely that slow, dumb walkers could overtake the US army, let alone, any global military presence?

If it was just a select number of people that were infected, then yea, I'd be surprised that couldn't be contained. However, it appears that everyone is infected. So you're not just starting with some isolated cases. You don't even know it's a problem until someone dies and gets zombiefied, and once you deal with those people, more zombies are going to continue popping up because everyone is infected. I'm guessing nobody was aware of the scope of the problem until it was too big to deal with.

Have none of you seen The Crazies?? People seem perfectly fine, until they're not. The only way to address the problem is to kill everyone. And as you can see that's not as easy as it seems.

It is really going to suck waiting until October after Sunday night. I have really enjoyed the direction of the second season. I can also really start to tell the difference with the new producer/head writer.

Shane told Lori that Rick was dead. Shane knew Rick was alive when he left, regardless of what he thought was likely to happen to Rick.

I guess we see things differently but I'll try to make my case anyways.

Just because Lori thought Rick was dead, does that mean she should start banging his best friend within a few days/weeks?

Also, you didn't address the rest of my post. What was Shane legitimately supposed to do in the hospital? Given the circumstances, I think it was fair for him to assume Rick was dead. He should have told Lori exactly what happened, but 99 times out of 100 Rick wouldn't have survived and I think Lori would have assumed her husband dead as well.

Doesn't mean she should go have a fling with Shane so soon after though

I know you dislike Shane, but I didn't think he was a monster in season 1 when things went down like they did

Leaving Rick in the hospital was understandable. Telling Lori he was dead, as opposed to the truth, was BS. And, yes, I despise Shane because he banged his friend's wife, tried to kill his best friend and partner in cold blood, shot a man and left him to be eaten by zombies, acts like a 5 year old with serious anger problems, is one dimensional, and the actor who plays him sucks.

I wish the writers had Shane die at the hands of multiple midget or baby zombies, so his death would have been slow and painful.

Tapping Lori and trying to kill Rick are probably the only things that Shane did that I disliked.

Shooting Otis? No problem with it... Telling Lori that Rick was dead?? Probably saved her and Carl because if she thought he was alive then she most likely doesn't agree to evacuate.

The actor who plays Shane is awesome in my opinion. I thought he brought the crazy really well and I'm sad to see him go.

Archived