Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

So Jadis/Ann talking to the guy on the walkie talkies who asked if she'd be giving them an "A" or "B" makes it pretty clear for any of the comic book readers who she was trading people to. Which is funny because when Jadis and her trash heap group were first introduced I assumed they themselves were going to be the tv version of that group.

8 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

So Jadis/Ann talking to the guy on the walkie talkies who asked if she'd be giving them an "A" or "B" makes it pretty clear for any of the comic book readers who she was trading people to. Which is funny because when Jadis and her trash heap group were first introduced I assumed they themselves were going to be the tv version of that group.

Yeah and don't forget when she had Rick trapped in the junkyard she painted an A on him. So will that be his exit?

Because I'd prefer that over him being killed through some fallout of Maggie, Daryl and Negan's situation coming to a head. 

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah and don't forget when she had Rick trapped in the junkyard she painted an A on him. So will that be his exit?

Because I'd prefer that over him being killed through some fallout of Maggie, Daryl and Negan's situation coming to a head. 

Whatever his outcome is, I have a feeling the character isn't dying.  Especially now with him only having 2 episodes left, it would feel so abrupt.  I assumed when the announcement was made that they would find a way for his character to be written off the show temporarily and eventually he comes back.

I also wonder if  Ja(nn)dis is still secretly sinister, or if she is only working with the "people" because she is somehow being forced to. 

8 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I also wonder if  Ja(nn)dis is still secretly sinister, or if she is only working with the "people" because she is somehow being forced to. 

I just can’t see him willingly leaving his group over differences. And I can’t see him getting knocked over the head and being taken out on a helicopter without Michonne and Judith. So who knows 

23 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Whatever his outcome is, I have a feeling the character isn't dying.  Especially now with him only having 2 episodes left, it would feel so abrupt.  I assumed when the announcement was made that they would find a way for his character to be written off the show temporarily and eventually he comes back.

How could they force her to work with them?  All her people (Scavengers) were killed by the Saviors, she is the sole survivor of her group.  So I'm going to say that she is still sinister and wants revenge on Rick because his war with Negan and the Saviors caused the extinction of her people. 

She betrayed Rick and Co. twice before Rick threatened her by coming back to wipe them out for not helping them, so Rick basically forced her into helping him and it cost everyone of her people their lives.  So while Simon wiped them out (against Negan's wishes), I think she has the mindset that if Rick hadn't forced her participation against the Saviors that her people would still be alive. 

She definitely has an axe to grind against Rick.  She also knows that Rick likes/trusts Gabriel. Remember, the Scavengers kidnapped Gabriel and Rick went looking for him, fought the walker with spikes, etc.  I want to believe that she has true feelings for Gabriel, but knows that once she gives him up, Rick will take the bait and go looking for him, which then they could go a few paths.

1.  Rick offers himself in exchange for Gabriel

2.  Rick gets captured and Ann arranges for Gabriel to be set free - tells them that she used him for bait to lure the true "A" to them

3.  Rick gets killed trying to save Gabriel - probably wont happen

On 10/22/2018 at 2:01 AM, NoCalMike said:

Maybe it's been a while since I read the comic, but I don't see the relation unless you're talking about a different group. 

4 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Maybe it's been a while since I read the comic, but I don't see the relation unless you're talking about a different group. 

Well I assumed the show wasn't even going to have The Whisperers, and maybe the trash people, living in the dump would be like a modified version, especially because Jadis herself sort of acted bizarrely the way Alpha from the comics did. 

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Well I assumed the show wasn't even going to have The Whisperers, and maybe the trash people, living in the dump would be like a modified version, especially because Jadis herself sort of acted bizarrely the way Alpha from the comics did. 

I didn't get that feeling especially because the trash people didn't dress the part. I did however, feel that Justin's death was done by a different group, but was wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Rick Grimes last episode was interesting. The time jump at the very end was really nice, I like the introduction of the new group. I’m holding out hope that the next three episode preview that was shown,may mean the mojo might be back. (I believe next week will be Maggie’s exit.)

Since he is officially done on the show, if they are going to make movies about Rick where he dives into the more meta aspect of the apocalypse, they’ll never address him wanting to go back to Alexandria? He will just have a new story and not try to go back to his daughter and Michonne?  

I don’t know. All the hype and buildup and it’s basicslly 2 minutes of Glenn dumpster bull**** only to find out the guy that wrecked this show is now going to make twd movies with Rick grimes. I didn’t like it. They had an ok moment and then kinda wasted it. 

I was intrigued by the time skip. It’s actually an interesting idea and hey can give Judith most of Carl’s storylines now. No way she can wield a 357 magnum revolver with such ease tho. Otherwise, it was cool that she had ricks gun, a mini sword like michonne and carl’s hat. She really needs to be a good actress tho or it will fall apart quick, same as everything with carl kinda always sucked cuz the acting and emotion wasn’t there to engage you

I thought Ricks final episode was really good.  Anyone that's been in it since the beginning should appreciate the time jump.  We all wanted to see if Angela Kang would/could breathe new life into the series, from the preview, it looks like she might have done that.  Judith just might save the series.  

I have no idea what her role is in the comics and don't really want to know and we aren't supposed to discuss that in here anyhow.  But for someone that hasn't read the comics (outside the first 8 or so a few months back), all of the content is new to us, so there are less expectations.  

So apparently that was also Maggie's final episode as well (for now).  AMC is still currently in talks with Lauren Cohan to continue, but she isn't going to be on the rest of the season.   Kind of weird as Rick actually got an exit and opening for his character to progress, while Maggie is just going to disappear?  I assume it will have to be addressed in the writing somehow, since she also has a baby.

Maybe her decision not to kill Negan, will drive her to leave well enough alone for the sake of the cause, but also make her want to leave the community all together?  Otherwise I am not sure how they explain her character just not being there.  We will soon find out.

Also, as far as the Rick Grimes movies coming up. I am interested to see where those pick up, if the first one will literally open with his helicopter ride to wherever they are going? (Or if there will be a time jump involved there too)  And then there is the fact that since he is surviving and alive, will the 3 movies sort of be like what they did with Morgan when he left the show to join FTWD, which is Rick slowly working his way back to the group?

I am a bit confused because it seemed like whoever was in the helicopter and communicating with Ann was associated with The Whisperers, but maybe not.

I actually think a total refresh on the show is a good strategy.   I am wondering if Negan will have been down in that jail cell for the 6 years worth of time jumping.  Dude will be a sad broken man if so.

11 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am a bit confused because it seemed like whoever was in the helicopter and communicating with Ann was associated with The Whisperers, but maybe not.

Not really sure how you are coming up with this. The Whisperers have just recently been shown (heard) and only through the recent 3 week preview.

44 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I have no idea what her role is in the comics and don't really want to know and we aren't supposed to discuss that in here anyhow.  But for someone that hasn't read the comics (outside the first 8 or so a few months back), all of the content is new to us, so there are less expectations.  

Honestly, you might want to investigate that one. It might be worth a good chuckle.

24 minutes ago, Yohan said:

Not really sure how you are coming up with this. The Whisperers have just recently been shown (heard) and only through the recent 3 week preview.

Wasn't the guy on the other end of the walkie-talkie asking specifically for an A or B?  And in the comics the Whisperers have Alpha & Betas as part of their hierarchy. 

Obviously *now* I know this isn't the case for the show, I was talking before the latest episode aired.

Archived