steveo21

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

Negan was mentioned in the 2 minute prologue they showed after the show. In the group that wasn't the wolves. February can't come soon enough.

Edited by Fight4RGIII

You had to watch 10 minutes of Into the Badlands to see the preview for next season.

It shows Daryl, Abe and Sasha driving the fuel truck down the road and coming across about 8 heavily armed bikers parked in the road blocking them. They request that they get out of the truck and hand over the it weapons.

Daryl asks why they should do that.

And one guy front and center of the biker group lists everything that they could possibly have on them including extra napkins I the center console and says all their belongings now the property of Negan.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Negan was mentioned in the 2 minute prologue they showed after the show. In the group that wasn't the wolves. February can't come soon enough.

Aaahh crap. The ONE time I turn immediately after the fade to black

Don't really see what the problem was. Its a shiw about zombies. The stuff they do isnt always going to make sense. It doesn't to begin with...

I just dont se the point in nitpicking every single dumb decision the characters make as somehow a blight on the producers.

None of them should be alive to begin with, if we are to apply even halfway realistic principle

I don't intend to nitpick every decision, I just find "we are trying our hardest but this is a difficult, messed up world" much more entertaining to watch than, "we would be reasonably safe if everyone kept their cool, but people keep doing dumb stuff that gets us in trouble".

I actually think it's realistic that Sam would call for his mom, and I think it's probably also realistic that in the moment Rosita and Denise would slide over the guns to hopefully save Tara.  I believe that Morgan, given what his character has become, would try to save the wolf, and that Deanna would try to see the baby.  I believe that Nicholas might see suicide as the simplest way out, even though it's extremely selfish and ultimately should've killed Glenn.

It's just frustrating to watch the group repeatedly screw themselves over, which in my opinion is a negative viewing experience.

I do agree that Morgans character has been disappointing. Given with how long everyone's been waiting for him to become a regular, its very disappointing the direction they decided to go with his character

Personally, it's lost its appeal at the moment. Pace is slow, story is tedious. Too many stupid stories.

been a decent season overall,but certainly more aggravating and less pop than normal.

I hate ending for the break like that.

At this point, I'd cheer if the walkers got Carl, all the other annoying kids, the dumb priest, Eugene ... and Morgan too.

Eugene gives hope that any Joe blow off the streets could survive a zombie apocalypse as long as they find the right group and bring with them a winning hair game and a non threatening personality

No other skills required

I do agree that Morgans character has been disappointing. Given with how long everyone's been waiting for him to become a regular, its very disappointing the direction they decided to go with his character

It has but I actually like the slight curve ball they've thrown with his character. He's still a badass but in a way that fans can find frustrating and engage in the character.

He now has more of an arc or ending point to his story rather than just being yet another popular badass alpha male for the group.

Morgan cant die fast enough. Weak ass dude. My god I can't wait til the group gets together and she tells Rick and crew what happened.

What a waste of what could've been a great character. Unless Morgan has an awakening and can accept bad people have to die, he can die.

Carl with the best line of the season: "Look, I get it. My dad killed your dad. But you need to understand, your dad was an asshole." Boom.

That blond chick has two weak ass sons.

Edited by Chew

I understand Morgan's mentality. He feels like he can't give up on bad people and kill them, because he was once just as bad. But I think what none of the group is explaining to him is he was never as bad as these wolves are. Morgan was bad out of grief for his loss family, it wasn't until that guy forced him to come to terms with his issues that he got better. He doesn't know what these other people have experienced. Common experiences in a world like that are torture and rape, both worse experiences to endure than the loss of a son and wife. And people react to situations differently, what he was capable of coming back from could be impossible for someone else. 

It's an interesting dilemma. Because you know he's a capable survivor, and he could teach the community a lot, but in times of conflict he is a detriment unlike they've experienced. Most people bad for the group react poorly in critical situations because they lock up in fear, abandon people, betray a group member to save themselves. Morgan is the complete opposite, he knows exactly what he's doing, and choosing to let enemies live is just as bad. 

Maybe he would be better off living alone like he was before, just not as crazy. And he can try to rehabilitate bad people he encounters the way it was done to him, and the way he tried with the wolf, without the repercussions affecting anyone but himself. 

• Like 1

Pretty disappointing end to the first part of the season. The first 2 episodes of this season were really good. Seemed like it was downhill after that.

• Like 1

Pretty disappointing end to the first part of the season. The first 2 episodes of this season were really good. Seemed like it was downhill after that.

agreed.  probably the weakest mid-season finale of the series so far.  The scenes where Glen has to motivate Little Miss Emo are painful to watch.

Edited by Chew

That little **** stain kid is going to get everybody killed ughhhhhhh.

I didn't read the comics and don't plan to until this TV show is over, but this Negan guy looks and talks like an asshole. I just wish Abe and Durrill could reunite with Rick. They've gotta stop splitting up.

Just watched the extra scene that I missed with the Negan mention. I don't think that guy is Negan. He says,"Your property now belongs to Negan." But that doesn't mean he was speaking of himself in the third person. Plus that guy isn't the actor they announced as playing Negan, the correct actor is Edward Dean Morgan, who played the father to the brothers in Supernatural and was the clown dude in Watchmen. 

Now that he was mentioned on the air, I hope no one thinks me mentioning this is a spoiler. I don't see how it could be at this point. 

Ya'll are some haters.

Morgan disabled like 10 wolves and their leader single handed. So he didn't kill them and tried to save one. How many people did he save by disabling all those wolves during the attack? It was Carol that screwed the whole situation up anyway. If she wanted to kill the wolf, then she should've done it slyly and easily, but she wanted to take out Morgan too.

Man, that was also the first episode I've watched on live tv since like season 1. Good grief there are more commercials then a football game. I was thinking how much this episode completely sucked until I realized I just didn't like the commercials.

One thing that irked me was how the zombies managed to get so close to everyone and it was such narrow a escape into the buildings. Zombies don't move that fast, how the hell would you watch a horde poor into your city from one breach and allow them to get so close to you?

Ya'll are some haters.

Morgan disabled like 10 wolves and their leader single handed. So he didn't kill them and tried to save one. How many people did he save by disabling all those wolves during the attack? It was Carol that screwed the whole situation up anyway. If she wanted to kill the wolf, then she should've done it slyly and easily, but she wanted to take out Morgan too.

Huh?

Bit underwhelming, don't appear to be the only one who feels that way, either. Felt like the episode finished about 30 mins (including adverts) too early. Shame, as the season got off to a good start, but let itself down along the way. This new group had better bring something new to the table as the formulas of "find safe haven, safe haven gets overrun" and "encounter other survivors, battle ensues" is starting to get a little repetitive. The Wolves brought along a different mindset to Woodbury's community under the spell of an unstable leader at least, but I think they're essentially done, despite the hype. 

As for the remaining Wolf, not sure what to make of him. He promised to kill everyone, which fits his code. Once he had the guns, why didn't he act on that promise? Was he bluffing just to be able to get away by himself and maybe return one day to finish what he'd started? Unless there's others elsewhere that weren't involved in the attack, seems unlikely he'd easily be able to form a new group singlehandedly. He'd need to find like-minded individuals willing to side with him rather than kill him themselves. If he makes it out of Alexandria alive, I'm sure we'll see him again, just not necessarily in his current guise.

Edited by my_friend_goo

Yeah I don't think the guy in the extra scene was this Negan character. Just part of his group. I'm looking forward to this group though. They seem armed and like a true equal to Rick's group in knowing what they are doing.

Yeah not Negan. Negan has been brilliantly cast and is being played by  Jeffrey Dean Morgan. 

Edited by HogNose