Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

that "roughing the passer" on vick was teh worst call i have EVER seen(Do your venting here. MET).

mcsluggo

It was the proper call, just bad luck and London was bringing him down which brought his head lower...even Rak knew it as looked right at the refs. One BS no call was the late spearing hit on a helmet-less Helu. NO CALL but he's a rook, if it was Tom Brady they'd eject and fine someone.

Calm the **** down. It's a 60 minute game, not a 5 minute game.

Your right, but those two bull**** penalties that put them near midfield when they were 3 and out at the 2 yard line completely changed the momentum and starte the string of drives that got the score to 20-0 before the defense could regroup. Not saying we would have won because Rex made sure of that, but there were deinetly some really crappy calls against the Skins today and I didn't see any against the Iggles. How about the illegal touching penalty on Josh Wilson that gave the Iggles a 1st down when it was clear Wilson never touched him? Those were game changing calls. A 15 yard penalty on Trent Williams who was retaliating for a late hit by a Iggle on Lichtenstiger (spelling?) that has probably ended his season was BS also.

It was a horrible call...Vick grabbed his helmet because his head hit the ground to the tackle.

It changed to momentum of the game...it wouldn't have taken much to send the Eagles into a spin early on...the refs made it easy for them to regroup.

We basically got outplayed today. I just think blaming the refs for this loss is ridiculous. It's like some of you guys didn't even watch the game. REX cost us the game. Despite his horrible 4 picks, we still had a shot at it. Unfortunately, Beck wasn't up to the task.

Beck only got what, 2 drives? And scored a TD on the 2nd one? Pretty good considering how things were going on offense. Not his fault the defense couldn't get one more stop.

It was a horrible call...Vick grabbed his helmet because his head hit the ground to the tackle.

It changed to momentum of the game...it wouldn't have taken much to send the Eagles into a spin early on...the refs made it easy for them to regroup.

I think it was a bad call, and Vick grabbed his helmet to try drawing the flag. Same way Vick would fall backwards when one of our guys would just lay a hand on him, later that game.

Not directing this at you, but can't believe some other posters saying this cost us the game. The refs didn't make Rex throw 4 picks.

Maybe its time the refs "get in the way of the play", if ya know what I mean.

I agree, that was a B.S. call with Vick in the endzone, and it probably took a little momentum out of the defense, but why it wasn't intentional grounding, I dunno. He just threw the ball up.

Seems that the rulebook should be re-evaluated; how a personal foul can trump an opposing team's penalty doesn't make sense. I've noticed it happening quite a bit, and the penalties should either offset or enforce the yardage on both teams.

Nope. Wasn't a safety, because he wasn't in the endzone when he released it. And it wasn't intentional grounding because he was outside the pocket. You must have been at the game. One of the many reasons why I rarely go to the games. You don't really know what's going on there.

Btw, it was definitely a penalty. So 0-3.

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 09:43 PM ----------

If the qb was out side of the pocker then he is not afforded the security of a passer, he then becomes just like any other player, right ???

BTW- I asked Mike Piera at Fox sports, waiting on a response.

Average age? If so, I agree. This thread is one of the reasons I rarely come to the Stadium. So many irrational people that don't understand the game. Blaming the refs is so BS. Especially when they got the calls you're ****ing about RIGHT.

Smh

I think it was a bad call, and Vick grabbed his helmet to try drawing the flag. Same way Vick would fall backwards when one of our guys would just lay a hand on him, later that game.

Not directing this at you, but can't believe some other posters saying this cost us the game. The refs didn't make Rex throw 4 picks.

Imagine starting the game with 2 points and getting a free kick...I'm pretty sure we'd have had a longer time of possession in the first half...and maybe a TD or two.

The Eagles were on the verge of collapse going in to this game...the refs bailed them out early.

No matter, the Eagles are toast for the rest of the season...there will be no playoffs for them...and, they'll be less motivated the next time we see them.

In fact, that injury on the turnover was a blatant Eagle cheap shot that the players won't forget.

The thing that really ticked me off also was that we had 2 weeks to prepare for this team. The first half, this team showed no heart. We couldn't move the ball. They stuffed our running game and made our receivers look inept. Davis was the lone bright spot. Cooley was knocked out of the game with a broken finger. Torain didn't look like an all-terrain running back. Helu and Hightower were nonexistent. Defensively we wore out during the 1st Q of the game. We lost Kory for the year possibly. Trent may miss like a month or so, depending on the severity of the ankle sprain.

Yeah that call for roughing the passer was pathetic, but we lost this game before it even started.

:helmet:

The second I saw that bull**** call, I knew we weren't going to win this game. No one in the NFL was going to beat the Eagles this week.

It then just digressed with Rex's aptitude for total SUCK, the lichtensteiger injury, more bull**** calls, the Eagles tipping and catching every tipped ball, and on and on and on.

I got the house really clean during the game though! :thumbsup:

The penalty, IMO, was a tone setter for the game. Everything after it just seemed spiral. Players weren't playing their assignment and the Eagles just kept on marching until they eventually scored. It certainly wasn't a good call from a fan's perspective, but it definitely gave the Eagles momentum and confidence which they continued to display all game long.

Beck only got what, 2 drives? And scored a TD on the 2nd one? Pretty good considering how things were going on offense. Not his fault the defense couldn't get one more stop.
The defense played great, all things considered. Not sure how you can put any blame on them, with Rex turning it over that much. It's amazing we held them to just 20 points (none in 2nd half).

I never said Beck sucks. But he's not the answer either. I'm beginning to think we're never gonna have a legit QB again.

The penalty, IMO, was a tone setter for the game. Everything after it just seemed spiral. Players weren't playing their assignment and the Eagles just kept on marching until they eventually scored. It certainly wasn't a good call from a fan's perspective, but it definitely gave the Eagles momentum and confidence which continued to display all game long.

I agree with this - the thing that makes it even worse is I get this feeling the NFL wants Vick and the Eagles to succeed and so they get these BS calls . I have never ever wanted to see somebody seriously hurt on the football field but Vick changes my mind . He is a despicable man should not even be walking around right now - let alone being paid to play football ... he is a punk who dives for penalties .... the helmet to helmet thing is getting out of hand now . I understand there is a health issue but come on - be consistent or don't call it at all .

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 06:24 AM ----------

I have to also add - I the NFL refs are amazing sometimes - I mean this call raises questions but apparently the NFL has been instilling them with psychic powers . I mean the refs in the Giant game a few weeks ago bailed them out with a call where he knew that Cruz was giving himself up despite to the world it seemed he stumbled then put the ball on the floor thinking he had been touched down .

Now Vick explains why he got the call early in the first half by saying

“I didn’t think it would turn out to be a 15-yard penalty on them,” Vick admitted. “I think the ref made the call because he knew I was trying to get the ball out of my hands and out of bounds.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/oct/16/roughing-the-passer-on-redskins-was-tough-call/

Its a shame this sight beyond sight **** does not allow them to see blatant off the play roughing penalties that result in season ending injuries ah well moving on ..

It was the proper call, just bad luck and London was bringing him down which brought his head lower...even Rak knew it as looked right at the refs. One BS no call was the late spearing hit on a helmet-less Helu. NO CALL but he's a rook, if it was Tom Brady they'd eject and fine someone.

Well said sir.

Can't be intentional grounding because he was outside the pocket and the ball went to the line of scrimmage. The pocket is not defined by the tackle to the tackle as announcers normally say. He was 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Just because you don't want to believe it doesn't make it any less true.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 06:31 AM ----------

Imagine starting the game with 2 points and getting a free kick...I'm pretty sure we'd have had a longer time of possession in the first half...and maybe a TD or two.

The Eagles were on the verge of collapse going in to this game...the refs bailed them out early.

No matter, the Eagles are toast for the rest of the season...there will be no playoffs for them...and, they'll be less motivated the next time we see them.

In fact, that injury on the turnover was a blatant Eagle cheap shot that the players won't forget.

Yes, imagine that. Imagine the refs giving you a safety when Vick was clearly out of the end zone when he threw the ball. If only...

In the first quarter, we got serious reffed. There's no question about it. The Eagles just got a lot of gifts. Then, they started to make plays and the refs eased off the gas pedal. I believe the refs called penalties on 5 of the first seven plays, four of them on us and gave the Eagles 3 free first downs. They were bad calls too for the most part. The Redskins entered the game as one of the least penalized teams in the league. Do you really think our discipline evaporated to that degree over the bye?

Archived