Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 6 (Eagles game) Insomniacs/Australians thread

Chadwiko

Less than 24 hours to go.

Really nervous and excited for this game. For me, it's a 4am Australian east-coast start time, which means I can get up, watch the game, then get ready for work, hopefully buoyed by a big Redskins win.

Tell you what though, we've seen this script before; Redskins get some positive media attention, come up against a rival, and bam, big loss.

I really hope Shanahan has taught the team how to flip the script.

So, insomniacs (and Australians), how are you coping? :)

Evening, my Redskin brother from Down Under! :cheers:

I've been spending the last hour or so reading all the garbage that's out there about this game. Bleacher Report says the Eagles will win big because we don't have the athletic players on defense that the Bills do. I swear. I wonder if some of these idiots have ever even watched an NFL game.

But don't take my word for it. Read it yourself: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/895031-nfl-picks-week-6-michael-vick-will-lead-eagles-to-big-victory-over-redskins

Bleacher Report, meet my bulletin board. Eagles, meet the nail in your coffin. HTTR.

.Tell you what though, we've seen this script before; Redskins get some positive media attention, come up against a rival, and bam, big loss.

I really hope Shanahan has taught the team how to flip the script.

Isn't this the reason we have insomniac threads? :silly:

From Adelaide, but living in Canberra.

Were you aware of Sav Rocca during his Australian Football days? lol. Is his fame in Australia more than that of a Tom Brady?

I mean not JUST because he's Australian but also because he's kicking ass right now.

---------- Post added October-15th-2011 at 11:16 PM ----------

I'm going to end up working 72 hrs out of 96 and the 24 hrs I'm off are for this game!!!

Indian Harbour beach huh? Just moved from Melbourne a few months back. I miss that place man, especially that stretch in Indian Harbour Beach all the way down to Vero.

I would watch the games at that new Duffy's, please tell me there wasn't a Redskins bar I missed out on the whole time lol.

And damn what's up with those hours, sounds like fireman hours or something.

Were you aware of Sav Rocca during his Australian Football days? lol. Is his fame in Australia more than that of a Tom Brady?

I mean not JUST because he's Australian but also because he's kicking ass right now.

Hah.

Sav Rocca played for my favourite Aussie rules football team (North Melbourne Kangaroos) for a good 5 years, so yes, I have always been well aware of him and a big fan. I've met him numerous times and he's just an all round fantastic person.

When we signed him in the offseason, I was ecstatic. In fact, check out this thread I created on a forum similar to ES, but for my Aussie rules team : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852962&highlight=sav+rocca

Also, upon reviewing that thread, I couldn't help but find this post from an opposition supporter hilarious given the current context:

From August 5th

I'm sure he would be disappointed somewhat. Eagles are considered one of the early favorites for the SuperBowl given a number of high profile recent off season signings. Redskins are going to struggle to make the playoffs. Rocca is a bit of an anomaly because he's one of a few kickers in the NFL that can actually bring down a punt returner.

Archived