Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Misunderstanding about Bubba's Redskins Breaking News

HapHaszard

Today I received a note from a member asking why I do not allow other people to post articles in the breaking news section. I want everyone to know that the Breaking News Section is open for anyone to submit articles they find. I don't find them all and any help is encouraged and wanted.

The only thing I ask is that you follow Rule 10 in submitting articles. Basically rule 10 outlines a format for submitting copyright material. This format protects both the submitter and the website from lawsuits, and MUST be followed. If what you submit has already been submitted I generally merge your submission with the original article so your submission may be there but merged.

I don't want anyone to think that the Breaking News section is my private domain, its for everyone to use and I welcome your help at any time.

I don't want anyone to think that the Breaking News section is my private domain, its for everyone to use and I welcome your help at any time.

And enjoy it we do my good man.

At the risk of embarrassing the heck out of you being as humble and modest as you are Hap man; it really can't be repeated enough times just what an integral part of this place of ours you are; and how we all to a man appreciate tremendously the job you do in bringing us articles that otherwise would pass totally unnoticed by the majority.

You've carried on the sterling work of your predecessor and then some.

Thank you Hap, sincerely.

Hail.

Does it have to be news articles or can it be twitter stuff and the like (eg a Scheftler Tweet mentioning the Skins)?

And again thanks for finding the articles you do :)

Usually twitter being so short I think they would be best put in the Stadium section a lot of it is breaking new but I think the news section is more for articles videos and audio that have more substance. I see the twitter's but usually wait until it is confirmed and shows up in an article.

One other thing. :)

If you can't follow the Rule on how to properly format a thread title, & I see your thread in the approval que, it gets deleted. If you can't bother to follow the Rules, then you're not helping Hap out. What you're doing is creating more work for the rest of us.

Hap, I'd echo the others, you do it too well to even question, and you're too humble to believe how much we appreciate all your hard work.

If it was me, I'd PM you, send a link to the article and let you handle it. There's something comforting about your consistent delivery in the BRBN.

Hap,

I prefer when you (or maybe just a very limited group) posts new articles in the breaking news section as it probably keeps it cleaner. Further, I like the fact that comments aren't allowed there. It works fine and, if anything, should be set up to only allow certain people to create threads for new articles there (of course, that just might be creating more work for you, so sorry for the suggestion:)). Thanks for your time!

Hap,

I prefer when you (or maybe just a very limited group) posts new articles in the breaking news section as it probably keeps it cleaner. Further, I like the fact that comments aren't allowed there. It works fine and, if anything, should be set up to only allow certain people to create threads for new articles there (of course, that just might be creating more work for you, so sorry for the suggestion:)). Thanks for your time!

Actually I would like to have more participation in articles posted, some times there are so many articles I don't get a chance to read them myself :)

Archived