Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Picks, Pats, and Pardons (Week 6)

kleese

Last Week: 6-7

Season: 55-22

Redskins: 3-1

Against the Spread: 10-9-1 (Last Week 2-2)

Lock of the Week: 2-3 (Last Week 1-0)

Last Week's Pats: Slim pickens...got my lock of the week correct with the Lions covering the points against Chicago and I was only one point off in the final score prediction of Jets-Pats.*

Last Week's Pardons: Lots to go around. I should probably start with the 49ers, who are getting an apology from me for the second week in a row. But I can't stop there... Missed on Eagles-Bills and also wound up looking a bit silly taking the Falcons over the Pack.

This Week's Picks:

Carolina at Atlanta: Things just don't look right with the Falcons. I think they should be a tad concerned about Matt Ryan-- he just isn't progressing very much. And the defense can't seem to get it together for 60 minutes on any given week. I'll lean their way this week, but it wouldn't shock me one bit if the Panthers pulled off the upset here.*

Falcons 30, Panthers 24

Www.edkleese.blogspot.com

Cleveland at Baltimore: Oakland's win in Houston was the biggest that franchise has had in years, especially once you factor in the emotions surrounding the passing of Al Davis. I think the emotions continue to flow positively for the Raiders this week.

Raiders 27, Browns 20

I thought Baltimore moved teams out overnight, not bring them in. :silly:

I hope you're wrong about the Giants.. I think the Pats will handle the Cowboys.. It would be HUGE if the Skins can get a win and the Boys and Giants lose.

I thought Baltimore moved teams out overnight, not bring them in. :silly:

I hope you're wrong about the Giants.. I think the Pats will handle the Cowboys.. It would be HUGE if the Skins can get a win and the Boys and Giants lose.

Just seeing who's paying attention :) good line by the way...

I like the majority of your picks. The Bills and Giants game is as much of a coin flip to me as the Eagles and Redskins is. Why do you have so much confidence in the Colts to cover the 7 points against Cincinnati? You have picked one more correct game than me so far this year, so I'm wondering about that Colts game. Other then that, I wanted to pick the Bills over Giants and Panthers over Falcons, but ultimately went with the Giants and Falcons.

I like the majority of your picks. The Bills and Giants game is as much of a coin flip to me as the Eagles and Redskins is. Why do you have so much confidence in the Colts to cover the 7 points against Cincinnati? You have picked one more correct game than me so far this year, so I'm wondering about that Colts game. Other then that, I wanted to pick the Bills over Giants and Panthers over Falcons, but ultimately went with the Giants and Falcons.

Very strong on the Giants last week. The Bills are a great story but they continue to win high scoring games where they absolutely dominate the turnover margin. I think this team is closer to what they showed in Cincy than to what they showed against NE and Philly. No doubt Buffalo is better than we thought and they might be a wild card contender, but if they beat the Giants that would mean they are on pace for a 13-3 season and I don't think that is who they are.

On Dallas, I hate to agree with that jackhole Cowherd, but I like what I see. More talent than I thought on the offensive side of the ball and that front seven is ferocious. Their struggles have been mostly mental/Romo sits to pee choking. That may keep up, but even I it does, they should continue to play close games.

Cincy is young and so far, very tough and gritty. But they have been uneven and all of their games have been tight. They won by two scores last week, but they were actually losing the game at the 2:00 warning. Picking the Colts to win is a bit of a "cute" move by me, but I think the number is high in that game. Indy covered pretty easily their last two games against heavy favorites.

Archived