Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kiingspadee

Teams in "the red" (under 2 million in space) as of week two

Just trying to keep guys updated on what your cap space looks like. Since you are under 2 million I suggest that you start looking at the contract year players and seeing where that money may be going or not going.

Rams - 1,673,000

Vikings - 453,062

Chargers - 153,000

Chargers and Rams I looked through and you have quite a bit of guys in contract years so you may need to start saying your good-byes

When it was the point system they were over the cap. I changed it back to the NFL style deals and they had alot of space.

It gave me a bit of space, but ive traded almost all my older big names and went younger, so that helped.

My team is the Texans, I need help. I'm under 1 million. I can't re-sign Mario Williams or A. Foster. Wanted to know, if at the end of year will teams cap go up? If not I'm screwed!

My team is the Texans, I need help. I'm under 1 million. I can't re-sign Mario Williams or A. Foster. Wanted to know, if at the end of year will teams cap go up? If not I'm screwed!

Lm suggests it and Imean am doing that with my league. It wont go up much so a chance you may have to let go one of them. It sucks but even irl sometimes they can't keep their guy they want to because too much money

Can you give me some advice on how to get my salary under controll, since you have more expierence w/ this. I thought I got it, but apparently not. I have 21 players in a contract year. Most I plan on not resigning, like Mcnabb for 7.3. So I dont plan on making anymore roster moves for the rest of the season. There are a few players that I would like to resign. I thought that LM would at least give me the available salary for next season totaling the amt of the salaries for the players that are in a contract year, to allow me to resign players, but it doesnt. (did I explain that so you understand?) So if I want to resign some players do I cut all the ones I dont plan on keeping, right after I play my last game for this season. Would that open up the available cap space? There are a few players I dont want to hit the open market, and would like to lock up.

Seriously....Does LM ever work?

yeah I was on there quite a bit this evening. You gotta cut the guy some slack - it's one guy trying to make Madden better. Top notch servers cost $$

How much do you think the cap will go up for next season.

Honestly I need to talk to Lavar. I am seriously interested in just adjusting back to the Point Based system. it is much easier to maintain and in another test league I have we are testing out the actual salaries and a lot of issues come up for us.

For instance we have a player in his contract year and the person is trying to resign them - his contract right now is 1.5 million but to resign him he'd have to spend 10 million? Just becoming a headache. I feel much more comfortable running with the point based

Honestly I need to talk to Lavar. I am seriously interested in just adjusting back to the Point Based system. it is much easier to maintain and in another test league I have we are testing out the actual salaries and a lot of issues come up for us.

For instance we have a player in his contract year and the person is trying to resign them - his contract right now is 1.5 million but to resign him he'd have to spend 10 million? Just becoming a headache. I feel much more comfortable running with the point based

I see what you mean, I have a guy that has a salary or 300k. and when I go t resign him, he wants over 3 million, 10x his current salary, and he's like a 60. Any insight on how to open up availbe cap space to resign people. See above post.