Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tell me about washing machines and dryers

Springfield

I've delivered appliances for about 4 years now. They all have their plus's and minus's. Personally i would stay away from the maytag bravos series as i have seen numerous complaints and countless exchanges. One model that i would def recommend are the top load kenmore or lg he units that were released this year. You get all the benefits of the front loaders (huge capacity, and water efficiency) minus the mildew problem. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and ill do my best to answer them to the best of my knowledge

Don't take my advice the last two new sets I had lasted a total of 7 years, I went Craigs list after that and picked up a set of GE for 150. worked great for three years. I just bought a new basic set of top load HE without the agitator and they worked great, they do. So with that, I think had the finance offer not been available and the sale I would have went back to CL.

---------- Post added October-15th-2011 at 09:37 PM ----------

Buying a washer off Craigslist is just weird to me. C'mon, guys. Some things you don't go cheap on. You have no idea how the previous owner took care of it. Or what they washed. Nasty.

And to the guys hyping the front loaders. Nonsense. They are a complete waste of money. They are more problems then they are worth. And I think most of the problems have already been covered. And on top of it, they're expensive. I've had several family members that had them, and hated everything them. They eventually switched back to the top loaders.

With as many foreclosures there are with decent people in decent houses I think CL is fine. You just have to get the right deal. I actually bought a bunch of stuff off the lady I went to see for the W/D and then re-sold the stuff, mostly good furniture for a profit and that paid for the W/D+some.

Archived