Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles/Redskins - Reminds me of 2007 Giants/Skins

skin23

This weekend's game is obviously a huge one, but feels eerily similar to our 2007 game against the Giants at the beginning of that season. We were 2-0, played at home against the Giants and had a chance to go 3-0 AND send them to 0-3. For those who remember, we had a lead going into the fourth quarter, blew it in the 4th, and for a Giants team that was playing terrible coming into the game, we gave their seasons life and they went on to win the Super Bowl.

I hope we're not in for a repeat of that 2007 performance!

Eagles fan here. I dont know why you guys are so worried. I guess it is kind of like a guy that was married for 25 years and newly divorced and "forgot" how to date and pick up women. You have a good , well rounded TEAM. Notice how i said TEAM. This is something we dont have right now. That is why the Eagles are not that good. They are a bunch of prima donnas that forgot how to play as one unit. I think that this game will be just like the first game last year - with the Skins winning. I am sure that Rocca will have a great game and Torain will run for at least 120 yards.

Good luck - and stop sweating..

Eagles fan here. I dont know why you guys are so worried. I guess it is kind of like a guy that was married for 25 years and newly divorced and "forgot" how to date and pick up women. You have a good , well rounded TEAM. Notice how i said TEAM. This is something we dont have right now. That is why the Eagles are not that good. They are a bunch of prima donnas that forgot how to play as one unit. I think that this game will be just like the first game last year - with the Skins winning. I am sure that Rocca will have a great game and Torain will run for at least 120 yards.

Good luck - and stop sweating..

I know how that reverse psychology works, not giving into it ;)

The reason we sweat is because we haven't had a team that played consistently well for a long time. Until this team proves that, we will always feel susceptible to being let down.

I know how that reverse psychology works, not giving into it ;)

The reason we sweat is because we haven't had a team that played consistently well for a long time. Until this team proves that, we will always feel susceptible to being let down.

Actually look at my recent posts before this week, I have been down on this team since after the Giants game. Reverse psychology does not work so, no not my intentions at all.- I have watched football long enough to see a team in complete dissarray - like last years Cowboys. We have become them officially in 2011 and so that equates to solid teams with good D's beating the Eagles ( not by much) but yes beating them. I guess we will see - but i am pretty sure I will be on here on Tuesday saying told ya' so

I was at that game. Either Campbell or Gibbs blew that game on the goal line. 1st and goal from the 2 with about 40 seconds left. You don't spike it.... you run a pass play or a bootleg. It's either a TD or an incompletion. Complete waste of a down. And we ran Betts twice.

Led to the effing Giants rebounding and going on to win the Super Bowl.

I was at that game. Either Campbell or Gibbs blew that game on the goal line. 1st and goal from the 2 with about 40 seconds left. You don't spike it.... you run a pass play or a bootleg. It's either a TD or an incompletion. Complete waste of a down. And we ran Betts twice.

Led to the effing Giants rebounding and going on to win the Super Bowl.

Lol completely forgot the possibility of.......a sack, or a pick, or a sack for a fumble?!

Even though we should of passed and/or ran a bootleg, the chance of turning the ball over was and always will be there.

I guess as a Redskins fan I've been so disappointed in the past by teams either winning for the first time (ie Detroit) or the Giants rebounding and getting hot to make there Superbowl run that this week in particular is for most fans just a worrisome game. But some reason I'm not that worried. I think this Redskins team is more focused at the task at hand and if we lose so be it 3-2 is not the end of the season but it would be sweat to see the Eagles implode.

that exact game has been haunting me all week... chance to put the giants' season in the bag and instead are considered the spark that fueled their season...

We have consistently come up short over the past 15 years or so whenever we've been faced with the opportunity to make things easy on ourselves. The silver lining is that one day, almost just by chance alone, that has to turn. One of these days, whether it be Sunday, some game next year, or in 2099 we're going to face a team in a situation that can set us up pretty nicely while also dealing a death blow to our opponent and we'll do just that.

Not scared or worried at all...it'll likely be a hard fought game but WE ARE WINNING THIS ONE.

How many players are even left from that '07 team anyway? Tana,Cooley,Landry,Fletcher,Westbrook,Alexander,Doughty...? this is a whole other team and coaching staff WE GOOD!!

Not scared or worried at all...it'll likely be a hard fought game but WE ARE WINNING THIS ONE.

How many players are even left from that '07 team anyway? Tana,Cooley,Landry,Fletcher,Westbrook,Alexander,Doughty...? this is a whole other team and coaching staff WE GOOD!!

To me it's not that the same team is playing...it's that it hasn't mattered through the years.

We lost these types of games after decent starts in the mid-1990s under Norv Turner. We lost these types of games under Joe Gibbs in 2005 and 2007. We lost a game like this (not exactly, but similar) to the Cowboys in 2001 under Marty when we had climbed back to 5-5 and were playing a pretty bad Dallas team. Another win and we were right in the playoff hunt, instead we lost and limped to 8-8.

Basically, regardless of the cast of characters, the decision-makers, or the opponent...we've consistently come up short in these games since Gibbs left after 1992.

To me it's not that the same team is playing...it's that it hasn't mattered through the years.

We lost these types of games after decent starts in the mid-1990s under Norv Turner. We lost these types of games under Joe Gibbs in 2005 and 2007. We lost a game like this (not exactly, but similar) to the Cowboys in 2001 under Marty when we had climbed back to 5-5 and were playing a pretty bad Dallas team. Another win and we were right in the playoff hunt, instead we lost and limped to 8-8.

Basically, regardless of the cast of characters, the decision-makers, or the opponent...we've consistently come up short in these games since Gibbs left after 1992.

It's time that we changes the culture of losing those types of games starting this Sunday

Archived