Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Witten disappointed by Cooley’s comments about Romo

JustAfan47

Posted by Mike Florio on October 13, 2011, 4:04 PM EDT

Last week, Redskins tight end Chris Cooley made headlines with some strong comments about Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee. Cooley, a rare NFL player who is willing to say that he doesn’t like his rival teams and takes some pleasure in their struggles, took heat from some in the media, who apparently think NFL players should behave like they’re playing squash at the local country club.

Cowboys tight end Jason Witten has addressed the subject, and Witten has expressed disappointment with Cooley’s remarks.

“My granddad taught me when I was younger if you don’t have anything good to say don’t say anything at all,” Witten told KTCK in Dallas, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I probably shouldn’t say anything. I don’t get that one. I really don’t. Chris has been a good player for a long time. To get to that point I don’t see why that came up. Hey look you can’t worry about it. Trust me. I know Tony doesn’t. That doesn’t affect him at all. It’s disappointing to see in some ways, but hey, look, it is part of the game and Chris has been a great player in this league for a long time. It’s disappointing to see him say that. That’s part of it.”

Heres the link to keep reading. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/13/witten-disappointed-by-cooleys-comments-about-Romo sits to pee/

Witten is just so lame... I mean really dude did you really listen to the whole interview? If so this is what you got out of it?.. Jeez J.Witt you really are up tight bro. :ols:

Posted by Mike Florio on October 13, 2011, 4:04 PM EDT

“My granddad taught me when I was younger if you don’t have anything good to say don’t say anything at all,” Witten told KTCK in Dallas, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I probably shouldn’t say anything. I don’t get that one. I really don’t.

Why is he talking then?

Not only that but he sounds like he has a concussion. He says the same thing over and over, lol. The league should run some tests on him IMO.

Wow Witten, try not to get so butt hurt about a player speaking his mind. This article got it right, no way Witten didn't have a ****-eatin grin from ear to ear when he watched Eli throw a game-ending pick which is exactly what Cooley did. Difference: Cooley has the balls to actually say it to the media and guess what? It's those kind of guys that are recognized for being savvy on the mic and have a shot at a media career afterwards which Cooley obviously does, being that he is very comfortable in his shoes no matter the situation, including behind the mic.

Why does it matter that a player speaks his mind? About some stupid stuff like Rashard Mendenhall? Probably not. But what Cooley said made me happy. It actually really annoys me when players constantly give politically correct remarks and never just tell the truth. I miss back in the day when players just said they hate the other team and want to go out there and kill them. What is wrong with that? It's sports/competition, if you're not playing to win and taking advantage of other teams' weakness/injuries, then you shouldn't be on the field.

I agree, but were Cooley comments even productive or needed? He should just worry about his knee and getting healthy.

Who cares? They're division rivals. Enough PC bullcrap. Chris didn't say anything pretty much the entire football world wasn't thinking. I don't know where the idea that player's can't be fans came from.

It also shows a tremendous double standard that people jumped down his throat about it. Remember how the NFC Championship game, Jay Cutler got a legitimate injury, yet was blasted left and right by players? MJD, Darnell Dockett, a whole mess of guys sat back and talked about how gutless and heartless Cutler was, for not playing with a torn MCL. Hardly anyone talked about whether it was right or wrong for players to rag on a guy for not being able or allowed to play through an injury.

But Romo sits to pee? Romo sits to pee has choked away two fourth quarter leads, and in all honesty, he should've lost the 49ers game, but busted coverages are busted coverages. He's been the determining factor in costing his team TWO games. But no one's allowed to say a word to Romo sits to pee? Chris Cooley, a division rival, and a guy who's pretty much been brainwashed by us to hate everything about that start, can't say what literally the entire world was thinking.

All things being fair, I'm surprised Romo sits to pee didn't face more criticism. I guess guys are afraid of badmouthing Romo sits to pee, but have no problem dogging an easy target like Cutler.

Witten needs to put his big girl panties on, it is beyond laughable that anyone is trying to make a big deal out of this.

Good job Capt Chaos, go and say something else next week. I love seeing one of our players actually feel something more than just "Where's my check?"

I agree, but were Cooley comments even productive or needed? He should just worry about his knee and getting healthy.

It's healthy banter. He should finish it off by mailing a funeral wreath to the Cowboys before Nov. 20th. ;) I think the late great Harvey Martin himself might even approve of that. The league and society is just too politically correct and needs to lighten up.

Yes, they were very productive. Witten seems like the most uptight person to be around. Remember when he got upset at the video Colt and Cooley made of him and Romo sits to pee?

Y'all are being real harsh on a heck of a football player and real nice dude, Cowboy or not.

So he answered, in a very bland way, Cooley's comments in what, a 20/30 second blurb on a radio show? Situations reversed, and this thread would be full of ' **** you Witten. You tell him Chris! '

Seriously don't see how this is worth blowing up to this degree.

Hail.

Archived