Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNNSI.com: NFL's Meanest Players (Landry)

JohnnyUtah

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1110/nfl.poll.meanest.player/content.9.html

Landry came in 9th in the players' poll.

I love to see that we have a player on our D that other teams are legitimately scared of.

I hope he brings some of this on Sunday.

Here is the WP article about it: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/si-player-poll-landry-ninth-meanest-player-in-nfl/2011/10/12/gIQA1olGhL_blog.html

There's no way H.Ward should be above Landry!! No way!!!!!!

He may get the odd crackback block, but Ward should fear Landry. Receivers making the list is just pure dumb!

Ward's reputation is EXACTLY why he's ranked ahead of Landry. Dude is vicious with his blocking. Just as much as players have to keep their head on a swivel w. #30 on the field, they have to do the same w. Ward.

This list is strange to me because I am not sure what defines 'mean' on the football field. Does it have to do with being considered 'dirty' like Incognito/Ward or playing with a mean-streak like Landry/Suggs? Or is it just about acting angry all of the time like Smith/Dahl?

And on a sidenote, what has Jerome Harrison done to make this list? I know he had a few big games in Cleveland a few years back, but does anyone around here have any idea why he's considered one of the meanest? Just curious...

This list is strange to me because I am not sure what defines 'mean' on the football field. Does it have to do with being considered 'dirty' like Incognito/Ward or playing with a mean-streak like Landry/Suggs? Or is it just about acting angry all of the time like Smith/Dahl?

And on a sidenote, what has Jerome Harrison done to make this list? I know he had a few big games in Cleveland a few years back, but does anyone around here have any idea why he's considered one of the meanest? Just curious...

I doubt they defined it, which is why you have players from all of the above categories listed.

Wonder what Sean Taylor would have been ranked...

I recall reading a few times that players were terrified of him. The one that sticks out most clearly in my mind was when Brian Westbrook said Taylor was the one player you had to keep track of on every play. Let him out of your site and you're in for pain.

So because of that, let's just give him #1 ;)

I recall reading a few times that players were terrified of him. The one that sticks out most clearly in my mind was when Brian Westbrook said Taylor was the one player you had to keep track of on every play. Let him out of your site and you're in for pain.

So because of that, let's just give him #1 ;)

I'm ok with that. I remember multiple accounts where guys purposely dropped the ball or didnt go for the catch with ST bearing down on them and he had to hold up from his hit

I think that you guys are incorrectly substituting "mean" for "feared." There was a kid in my school who was a major *******. Nobody was afraid of him.

---------- Post added October-14th-2011 at 06:53 AM ----------

If he lays out Jackson the yellow flag will be on the field.

As long as it doesn't cost us in a points way, I couldn't care less. Landry's first big hit was on Mushin Muhammed (butchered your name, sorry) and was a flagrant helmet-to-helmet. That put fear in every receiver in the league.

Archived