Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Underdogs at home.....vs Squeagles this week....thoughts? ?

skinsnut1823

Heck, I consider us the underdogs. I think we should be until we prove otherwise. The Redskins are going to be facing a very wounded ferocious animal that has a lot of killing power. We can win, but the Eagles should not be underestimated. It's our game to lose. It's our game to win.

I think there are legitimate reasons to still think that Philly just outscores us enough to compensate for whatever errors they make. IMO our D is playing extremely well and will put a dent in their offensive stats, and they will not put up points as readily as they have. I am hoping that the Eagles show up expecting another easy, embarrassing blowout, because when they get punched in da mout early, their spirit may waver and get that "Oh noes, not again!" turmoil going in the heads. I see our safeties being key in this matchup, along with Davis vs their LB corp.

The point spread usually take into consideration the home-field advantage. Typically the advantage is +3 points. That being considered...they've got the Eagles projected to win by more than a field goal. They're also expecting the Eagles to put up over 24 points on a defense that's giving up less than 16 per game. Why? Quiet possibly the blow-out from last year and the desperation that is the Eagles at this point. They're not going to give the Skins any more consideration until after producing a home win vs another division rival. I'd take the points!

Despite the fact that the Redskins are playing much better football than the Eagles, I can understand the reason why the Eagles are favorites to win this game. And it really has nothing to do with them. It has everything to do with the Redskins. For the past two games against the Cowboys and Rams, the Redskins barely played well enough to win. Although the Redskins had a legitimate opportunity to defeat Dallas, the Cowboys still came out the winner. Against the Rams, considering how sharp and aggressive the defense was, the offense couldn't generate no more than three points in the second half. Grossman has thrown INTs to the defense at crucial times the past two games. This has nothing to do with the game at Fed Ex Field against Philly last year because we had already defeated them at Lincoln Financial Field earlier last season.

Rex Grossman must take better care of the football. If the Eagles win, it will be because of a costly Grossman miscue.

I think people are gonna look at how bad Philly has been playing and actually bet on them due to the fact that they are favorites. I also think the way we have been playing will be somewhat forgotten do to the primetime game fail, a win vs the awful rams, and a bye week.. Not a lot of ppl are high on us despite our record, and the fact that Philly crushed us last year will send more bets their way. I'm just looking forward to sitting back and seeing what happens :). HAIL!!

Philly's won nine of the last 11 in DC. Many of those games have been total blowouts, not least last years shocker.

The Eagles, pound for pound, are still deemed to have a far superior roster talent wise than the Redskins; and as such it being sooner rather than later that they'll click and start winning football games.

Regardless of drumming up betting interest, is it seriously any wonder they'd be favorites anywhere outside of DC?

Hail.

Seems right now the trend has ended of everyone ragging on why the Eagles suck, and its starting to play out as a motivational game for them to save their coach. It sucks, but thats football; best thing they can do is beat the Eagles and continue the downward spiral.

Something interesting crossed my mind watching the Eagles jump offsides last week; when they played in 91', on MNF, the Skins had all but stopped them all night, I think they were held to less than 100 yds total offense, and with a little time left on the clock, Rypien gave them a hard count, they jumped offsides, thus never seeing the ball for the last minute or so.

Damn I miss those days...

I consider us underdogs. Eagels are higly motivated and higly talented, just can't believe that they will be shooting themselfs in the foot all season long. If they can minimalize there turnovers they are just good. They are just to good to keep losing.

Believe that it's going to be a very difficult game. If there off gets rolling we have a probleme because I don't believe that we can beat them in a off shootout.

The Eagles are a better team on paper. They have the talent, they just need to get their act together. They are suffering the same problems we suffered when we were stuffed with free agency talent but couldn't get any cohesion. Vick has lost the locker room in Philly.

The skins have cohesion but don't have the grade 'A' talent (at least on the offensive side). Our D is beast though and they are all on the same page.

I'm an Eagles fan, and for the life of me can't understand why the Skins would be underdogs, and I'm not using reverse psychology. Eagles knew they had to win last week and blew it, so despation isn't a legit answer. Skins O & D units have played like they had an offseason to prepare, while the Eagles (D especially) have played like I am calling the game. Throw in it being a home game for the Skins and having 2 weeks to rest/prepare, and I would be shocked (pleasantly, mind you) if the Eagles won this. Expect Cooley/Davis/Torrain to have big days. If somehow the Eagles Offense stops turning the ball over and the Eagles D can at least stop the redzone bleeding, then they should beat the Skins but I can't see a leopard changing it's spots in 7 days.

I'm an Eagles fan, and for the life of me can't understand why the Skins would be underdogs, and I'm not using reverse psychology. Eagles knew they had to win last week and blew it, so despation isn't a legit answer. Skins O & D units have played like they had an offseason to prepare, while the Eagles (D especially) have played like I am calling the game. Throw in it being a home game for the Skins and having 2 weeks to rest/prepare, and I would be shocked (pleasantly, mind you) if the Eagles won this. Expect Cooley/Davis/Torrain to have big days. If somehow the Eagles Offense stops turning the ball over and the Eagles D can at least stop the redzone bleeding, then they should beat the Skins but I can't see a leopard changing it's spots in 7 days.

One thing that will cause the Skins to lose would be patience.

Everyone knows LL is anxious to go out and try to level somebody, and the harder he tries to do this, the longer the night will be.

If both teams come out focused and determined, it will be a classic dogfight; if either comes out trying to make a point, they will lose.

Last year's beat-down left a bitter taste in the Skins locker room, and we all know they want revenge, but the worst thing the Skins can do is hit the field with mouths running that their actions cannot back up...

I think this will be an epic battle. If our skins can run consistently we will win because I believe the play action will also be there. Also the question for me will be can the Eagles stop Rak and Ryan from getting to Vick. Davis and Cooley need to have at least 10 catches between them because that is the one weakness the Eagles can't fix for sure. The turnovers, the stupid plays, the penalties can be fixed if they don't lose their cool and lets face it that is what has killed this team. Also our OL has to play stellar because the Eagles can rush well.

I'm still waiting for anyone to acknowledge the fact that according to most bookmakers, we are not, in fact, underdogs. This thread has a faulty premise - that said I'm sure many of the media will pick against us this week - can't say that I'd blame em, either.

Your playcalling sucks then XD, lol.

Archived