Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Israel, Hamas: Gilad Shalit to be swapped for Palestinian prisoners

visionary

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/11/israeli-pm-calls-for-meeting-about-possible-release-of-gilad-shalit/?hpt=hp_c1

Israel, Hamas: Gilad Shalit to be swapped for Palestinian prisoners

[updated at 3:43 p.m. ET] Israeli Army Radio reports that the exchange could involve the release of 1,000 Palestinian prisoners, including women and children.

Israeli media are reporting that Hamas will soon announce the names of Palestinian prisoners that Israel will release in exchange for the return of captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit.

[updated at 3:22 p.m. ET] Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said at a cabinet meeting Tuesday that Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit - captured in Israel in June 2006 by Palestinian militants - will be returning to Israel in the next couple of days after a prisoner exchange with the Palestinians was brokered to release his freedom.

"We will return Gilad healthy and whole to his family and all of Israel," Netanyahu said. "The negotiations were difficult... we had to make difficult decisions but (the) correct one. With all the change taking place in the Middle East we did not know if a better deal or any deal would have been possible."

http://twitter.com/#!/SultanAlQassemi

Khaled Mashal, leader of Hamas: 1,000 prisoners + 27 women in two parts, 450 in first phase within one week, 2nd phase in 2 months with 550 10 minutes ago

Khaled Mashal, leader of Hamas: All 27 women in Israeli jails will be released. No women will remain in Israeli jails. 11 minutes ago

Khaled Mashal, leader of Hamas: 315 prisoners who will be released were sentenced to life in jail in Israel 11 minutes ago

Khaled Mashal, leader of Hamas: Important point, prisoners who will be released from Gaza, West Bank, Golan, Diaspora, we are all one 9 minutes ago

Khaled Mashal, leader of Hamas: Prisoners from all political factions will be released 4 minutes ago

Khaled Mashal, leader of Hamas: We are happy with this major accomplishment but we are sad because we didn't release all 8,000 prisoners 3 minutes ago

Khaled Mashal, leader of Hamas: Those who will be release are heroes who will come back to freedom & struggle against occupation 2 minutes ago

Al Jazeera: Marwan Barghouti may be amongst released prisoners http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marwan_Barghouti 5 minutes ago

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/15/world/meast/israel-prisoner-swap/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Israel early Sunday released the names of the first group of Palestinian prisoners to be freed in exchange for captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit, setting in motion a process that will allow the public to file objections to specific releases.

The list features 477 names, including those of Ahlam Tamimi, serving life terms for being an accomplice in a suicide bombing at a Jerusalem restaurant, and Amneh Muna, who plotted the killing of a 16-year-old Israeli boy in 2001 and received a life sentence.

Israel approved the deal Tuesday night, agreeing to release in two stages 1,027 Palestinians prisoners, including hundreds serving life sentences for attacks on Israelis. The first swap is expected to take place early this week.

Twenty-seven of the prisoners are women. The second stage, which includes 550 prisoners, will occur later this year.

Let this be a lesson: "We don't negotiate with terrorists" does't really mean we never negotiate with terrorists. Its a useful thing to say, but only as a tactic in negotiating with terrorists.

Is the Palestinian govt terrorists?

please say Yes :evilg:

my god......sometimes I cant help but call a spade a spade.

my Palestinian friend had this as her status:

Amazing... 1072 Palestinian heroes on their way home now.

bull****ing****. While yes, I agree that some people were definitely imprisoned wrongly (the women and children especially), but there were PLENTY of people with horrible records (Abdel Aziz Salha, who helped kill two Israeli soldiers who made a wrong turn on the West Bank and were stabbed to death; Nasser Yateima, who planned a 2002 hotel bombing that killed 30 people celebrating Passover; a bus bombing that killed 20 people).

Come the **** on. These people arent heroes. That's a slap in the face to real heroes.

I really wish these people would get their heads out of their asses and start looking at things without their tinted glasses. This is coming from someone who is pro-Palestine.

Its all bull****. All of it. It infuriates me.

bull****ing****. While yes, I agree that some people were definitely imprisoned wrongly (the women and children especially), but there were PLENTY of people with horrible records (Abdel Aziz Salha, who helped kill two Israeli soldiers who made a wrong turn on the West Bank and were stabbed to death; Nasser Yateima, who planned a 2002 hotel bombing that killed 30 people celebrating Passover; a bus bombing that killed 20 people).

Come the **** on. These people arent heroes. That's a slap in the face to real heroes.

I really wish these people would get their heads out of their asses and start looking at things without their tinted glasses. This is coming from someone who is pro-Palestine.

Which Israeli lobbyist group paid you to say that? ;)

Let this be a lesson: "We don't negotiate with terrorists" does't really mean we never negotiate with terrorists. Its a useful thing to say, but only as a tactic in negotiating with terrorists.

Also, why do the Israeli's imprison Palestinian children?

Observing that, of the two sides in this dispute, one side is holding civilians, and one side is holding soldiers. And the one that's holding soldiers is the one you're labeling "terrorists".

---------- Post added October-18th-2011 at 08:57 AM ----------

Agree with you (and some others).

Lots of folks "over there" think that their side's **** don't stink.

Kind of resembles American party politics.

---------- Post added October-18th-2011 at 09:09 AM ----------

Is the Palestinian govt terrorists?

please say Yes :evilg:

I think I'd say yes.

At least in the sense of being state sponsors of terrorism.

(Although I suspect that a case can be made that they're kind of like some other governments, where the government really doesn't have the choice NOT to go along with SOME terrorism. Maybe "reluctant allies" or "tolerated enemies").

But I think that, to your question, that "yes" is a better answer than "no".

----------

Now, question for you: is the Israeli govt terrorists?

Archived