Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why we will be winners on Sunday!!

smackdown 46

-Passing game due for a breakout

It's just Asante Samuel, Nnamdi Asomugha, and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. No sweat...

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 11:52 PM ----------

My reason why we will win?

Rex has a running game.

Vick is a running game.

Vick has a running game too. smh

We can win if we control the turnover ratio, the Eagles put up 489 yds. of offense and still lost because of the turnovers.

Yeah, even if they win, they're not putting up 489 yards against our defense. But you're right, turnovers are the key to winning this game.

who said they thought we don't have the coaching advantage?? Shanahan has this team at fewest penalties, hasn't blown any big leads, nothing stands out as a major problem area (except Rex but what can he do about that) and you think he's a worse coach than Mr. Walrus???

who said they thought we don't have the coaching advantage?? Shanahan has this team at fewest penalties, hasn't blown any big leads, nothing stands out as a major problem area (except Rex but what can he do about that) and you think he's a worse coach than Mr. Walrus???

I meant they'll as in the Redskins. :)

Because we're gonna run the ball atleast 40 times right over their asses, all damn day.

Gonna throw some screens in between runs once they start crowding the line with run blitzes.

Then we're gonna unveil our secret weapon Kyle's fabricated during the bye...."The Hankerson Go Route".

Everyone wants to talk about how the Eagles are desperate, and could come in hungry for a win, and that could be the very reason we lose....but what about that 59 points they put up on us last year (at home)? We better play as if we remember that last game, and more importantly, defend our house.

What I find hilarious is before the season most fans had the following teams chalked up for wins:

Niners- 4-1 and leading their division

Bills- 4-1 and leading their division

Seahawks- just 2-3, but beat Atl and NYG in consecutive weeks

Panthers- 1-4, but have taken every loss down to the wire

Dolphins- this might be one we can actually chalk up.

Rams- dominated, but in true Redskin fashion, almost blew it

Cardinals- dominated, but had to squeak a win out by their chin hairs.

For starters, we beat the Cardinals and the Rams so end of story on that one. Secondly the Seahawks did not beat a bad Atlanta Falcons team at home. They lost the game. Thirdly I don't care what the 49ers, Bills and Panthers records are. If we play well and do what we do, I expect us to beat them all. It will be close but at the end of the day if we outscore them afeter 60 minutes then its all good.

For starters, we beat the Cardinals and the Rams so end of story on that one. Secondly the Seahawks did not beat a bad Atlanta Falcons team at home. They lost the game. Thirdly I don't care what the 49ers, Bills and Panthers records are. If we play well and do what we do, I expect us to beat them all. It will be close but at the end of the day if we outscore them afeter 60 minutes then its all good.

True that we beat them, but most had predicted a thumping and while I thought we'd win those games, in no way did I think we'd blow them out. But like I said, everyone had already chalked up wins against most of these teams before the season began and we didn't know what kind of a team they had or we had. Can we beat any of these teams? Sure. If we play the way we are capable of. We could also lose to these supposed "pushovers." And yes, a win is a win and I won't complain one bit. Wins count, not how you do it. All I'm saying is, these teams aren't as easy to beat as everyone was counting on.

Why I think we'll lose:

The eagles changed their defensive alignment last week. They started in a nickel package, which seems like and kind of is a desperation move. However, after they worked out the kinks in the 1st half, it managed to hold a potent Bills offense to only 10 point in the second. Even though it's odd to use a nickel as a base package, it makes sense that it might be successful for the Eagles. replacing one of their crappy linebackers with DRC has to be an upgrade even if it leaves them in a wonky alignment.

The Eagles can score. They scored 31, 31, 16, 23 & 24 points. This while shooting themselves in the foot along the way with dumb turnovers. We can't win a shootout. If the Eagles continue to shoot themselves in the foot, I like our chances, but I don't like having to count on our opponent to make mistakes to win the game.

Why I we'll win:

King Dunlap(his real name not a derogatory nickname) & Evan Mathis: The left side of the Eagles offensive line is really weak, and we'll be able to send either Orakpo or Kerrigan at that side all day.

Vick vs. Haslett: Vick can't read the blitz. Haslett can send complicated blitzes.

Torain: With Torain back and healthy, we should be able to pick up rushing yards, especially if they use the 7 man front they used against Buffalo.

Trent Cole: Probably won't play

If both sides play mistake free ball the Eagles will beat us. But I don't think that will happen. You can count on Vick to throw a pick, you can count on their LBs to give up a big run, you can count on their safeties to blow coverage, and if it's close you can count on Andy Reid to make a dumb clock management mistake.

That said, I really feel like the dumb Philly plays are something Redskins have to count on to win this game.

Guest Spearfeather
True that we beat them, but most had predicted a thumping and while I thought we'd win those games, in no way did I think we'd blow them out. But like I said, everyone had already chalked up wins against most of these teams before the season began and we didn't know what kind of a team they had or we had. Can we beat any of these teams? Sure. If we play the way we are capable of. We could also lose to these supposed "pushovers." And yes, a win is a win and I won't complain one bit. Wins count, not how you do it. All I'm saying is, these teams aren't as easy to beat as everyone was counting on.

But, then again, like the Tater said, some of those games that looked so " brutal " at the start of the season, don't look quite as tough, now.

I had a dream last night we win 44-6. We will see if I can see the future in me dreams on sunday. I hope the Crown Royal didn't effect my dreams before I went to bed.

I had a dream that we won last night, but it wasn't 44-6. I don't remember the score, I just remember that we were singing HTTR at the end and Rex was running off the field with a big smile. Hopefully we are both right, lol.

HAIL!

Archived