DavidGQ

For kicks, my rankings after a five weeks:

Rankings are based on performance AND potential

Best Defense:

1. Redskins

2. Cowboys

3. Giants

4. Eagles

Tough call between the Redskins and Cowboys....Dallas has a better front seven, but our secondary is superior. Cowboys defense has been excellent over the past 10 quarters or so.

Best Offense

1. Eagles

2. Cowboys

3. Giants

4. Redskins

Again, remember, this is based heavily on talent/potential. Philly has moved the ball at ease, just continue to shoot themselves in the foot. They are a super-fast team, although I don't discount their OL issues. Gave the Cowboys a slight edge over the Giants even though I like Romo sits to pee more than Eli. With Austin healthy, Dallas has an extremely talented core of skill players-- one of the best in the league. Jones-Witten-Bryant-Austin is superb. Redskins are gutting it out, but very limited on playmakers.

I think it's anyone's division still, with the Eagles beginning to really toe the line on serious contention. Must win game for them Sunday. The Giants loss to Seattle was huge...that was one they should win and their schedule gets brutal down the stretch. I still view Dallas as a serious threat....lots of playmakers and a good defense.

I really don't have a feel for it right now at all...if you put a gun to my head (and I'm glad none of you are packing) I think I'd blurt out "Dallas" if I were to pick a division winner, but I see all four as still very much in play.

Take a long hard look at our schedule. The :logo: need to continue to improve on offense to have any chance at a division title. The D as in previous years can only win so many games for you.

I keep seeing this, but we really can't improve very much. We are doing the best we can with what we have. The only realistic improvement would be if Beck was better than Rex, but that seems like a stretch to say the least. We have very few real playmakers and that isn't going to change.

Take a long hard look at our schedule. The :logo: need to continue to improve on offense to have any chance at a division title. The D as in previous years can only win so many games for you.

vs. Eagles: 15th in total D; tied for 26 in scoring D

@ Panthers: 18th in total D; tied for 26 in scoring D

@ Bills: 29th in total D; 15 in scoring D

vs. 49ers: 13th in total D; 2nd in scoring D.

@Dolphins: 28th in total D; tied for 24 in scoring D

vs. Cowboys: 4th in total D; 23 in scoring D

@ Seahawks: 17th in total D; 17 in scoring D

vs. Jets: 12th in total D; tied for 20 in scoring D

vs. Patriots: 32nd in total D; 14 in scoring D

@ Giants: 20th in total D; 19th in scoring D

vs. Vikings:14th in total D; 9 in scoring D

@ Eagles: 15th in total D; tied for 26th in scoring D

None of those really strike me as the Redskins won't be able to move the ball and score.

With the way the defense has played, the Redskins will be in every game.

I totally agree we should be in the games. However our offense needs to be more productive in the Red Zone or teams that can score in bunches like NE, CAR, & BUFF will be ugly. Luckily despite their records it appears that most of these teams are winging it on a pray with one side of the ball aka defense not being as productive as needed.

vs. Eagles: 15th in total D; tied for 26 in scoring D

@ Panthers: 18th in total D; tied for 26 in scoring D

@ Bills: 29th in total D; 15 in scoring D

vs. 49ers: 13th in total D; 2nd in scoring D.

@Dolphins: 28th in total D; tied for 24 in scoring D

vs. Cowboys: 4th in total D; 23 in scoring D

@ Seahawks: 17th in total D; 17 in scoring D

vs. Jets: 12th in total D; tied for 20 in scoring D

vs. Patriots: 32nd in total D; 14 in scoring D

@ Giants: 20th in total D; 19th in scoring D

vs. Vikings:14th in total D; 9 in scoring D

@ Eagles: 15th in total D; tied for 26th in scoring D

None of those really strike me as the Redskins won't be able to move the ball and score.

+1

The issue is solely whether the offense is having a good day or a bad one. I am really pleased how well this defense was structured so quickly to be effective in the 3-4 coming from last year.

Archived