Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 49ers are stealing the 'Skins thunder. Similarly built team right now.

NoCalMike

Alex Smith - Rex Grossman - both subpar QBs known for turnovers

Gore/Davis - Hightower/Torain/Helu - strong running game

Defense - Defense - Beasts

Vernon Davis - Cooley/Fred Davis - Playmaking TEs

Morgan/Crabtree - Moss/Armstrong/Gaffney - WR cores not fantastic but decent

The similarities go on and on, however to me what is frustrating is that the 49ers, who no one would mistake for a powerhouse on offense, manages to get the ball in the endzone and make teams pay for turnovers. The 49ers offense just put up 41 points. The defense scored 7.

I am still at a loss for what I just saw from the 49ers. I look at the 'Skins and wonder why we can't pull this off with personnel that seems to be on par.

Their quality of opponents has been just as good if not better.

I have a feeling it is going to happen soon. We are gonna put up 45-50. And then settle down to just being more consistant scoring. I think after all the years of being close its just gonna explode one game. Of course, anytime that wants to happen.....

Our offense just isnt clicking right now. Just like it hasent for so many years. I blame that on me going bald lol. Ive pulled out my hair watching us keep teams close and trying to figure out why we just cant score.

Two similar teams in almost every category except offensive execution. Dont wanna go into playcalling cause i believe they just execute better.

they have more talent than us, especially on offense with the exception of the running game because i think frank gore has too many miles whereas we have a young bunch.

their qb can make every throw, ours can't. sure they've both underachieved but alex smith has more talent.

i think we have a better pass rush while they have a better back end.

we don't have their special teams as of yet because Ginn is a monster and Banks hasn't really lived up to the hype.

i think vernon is a more gifted than davis, but having two good tight ends might give us that edge.

morgan is hurt, but him and crabtree are better athletes than we have at the position.

all in all it will be a fun game to watch, but let them have all the limelight that the harbaugh brothers love. we'll just keep on doing our thing.

Who cares what anyone else thinks? It's the same idiots who say that we should have asterisks by two of our Super Bowl wins.

I would take Alex Smith over Grossman, but it stops there. They've played the Seahawks (not being ****y, but if we're going to put up 30 points against a team, it would be them), lost to the Cowboys (by one point more than we did! ;) ), trampled over the Bengals in a convincing 13 - 8 victory, beat the Eagles by a point, and then had their day today.

The comparison is fair. I hope that our fifth game has us winning by the same score. :)

they have more talent than us, especially on offense with the exception of the running game because i think frank gore has too many miles whereas we have a young bunch.

their qb can make every throw, ours can't. sure they've both underachieved but alex smith has more talent.

i think we have a better pass rush while they have a better back end.

we don't have their special teams as of yet because Ginn is a monster and Banks hasn't really lived up to the hype.

i think vernon is a more gifted than davis, but having two good tight ends might give us that edge.

morgan is hurt, but him and crabtree are better athletes than we have at the position.

all in all it will be a fun game to watch, but let them have all the limelight that the harbaugh brothers love. we'll just keep on doing our thing.

I think everything you've said is spot on. I think they may have a slight edge on us on offense.

Zorn got off to a hot start and people said it was because nobody has enough game tape on him yet. Maybe we will see the samething played out in San Fran?

Yeah, I'm waiting to see if the 49ers are like Josh McDaniel's Broncos, when they started off real hot and then collapsed. The good thing for the 49ers though is that their division is horrid. Even if the 49ers cooled off, they'll still win the division most likely.

I do not believe Alex is a better quarterback than Grossman even though I do not think Rex as our long term starting quarterback. All season long the similarities between both teams has been scary. Rogers not dropping interceptions is weird and JC winning for the Raiders today is weird too. I cannot wait until we play them later this year . It will be a big game for us. We owe them a defeat that is for sure. Both teams defenses are better than their offenses.

Well I think both Alex Smith & Rex Grossman are the weakest links on their offenses. The key to beating both teams is putting the QB in situations where they are the ones who have to make the plays. Lost in the rout of the Bucs, the few times Smith did have to carry the load on ".. & long"s he was his usual Alex Smith self, under-throwing balls and making bad reads. I can remember 4 specific times he threw balls right into Buc defenders who dropped easy INTs, however most of the game the 49ers running game was performing so well, the 49ers often found themselves in 2nd & short situations where it is a lot easier to keep the defense off balance not ready for big pass plays, and expecting Gore to pound it.

The 49ers have been Frank Gore's team on offense for awhile now, and then in the last few years the addition of Vernon Davis who might be the best all around tight end in the league.

The 49ers defense is pretty legit though, and this in a year where Patrick Willis has had a pretty quiet year so far. Stopping the run and QB pressure can unravel the 49ers offense, but then again what else is new, right?

Archived