Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN talks McNabb has 1 QTR left as a starter if he does not improve, but....

bonesbr549

McNabb is still one my favorites...even when he was with Philly. We would have been better with McNabb instead of Rex. (No disrespect to Rex) Shouda kept McNabb.

When McNabb got shafted and was treated poorly in Washington (despite him having a career high year), I almost felt like leaving the redskins as fan.

McNabb will continue to improve with their new offensive system with the vikings.

I can't believe that you're saying this with a straight face.

McNabb is still one my favorites...even when he was with Philly. We would have been better with McNabb instead of Rex. (No disrespect to Rex) Shouda kept McNabb.

When McNabb got shafted and was treated poorly in Washington (despite him having a career high year), I almost felt like leaving the redskins as fan.

McNabb will continue to improve with their new offensive system with the vikings.

this post is full of inaccuracies and has insulted every redskin fan on this board.

i would not argue you leaving as a fan though, go right ahead if you think this team with less talent at 3-1 is worse off without mcnabb, skipper of a 1-4 team with more talent then you should feel free to leave the fanbase.

---------- Post added October-9th-2011 at 07:35 PM ----------

I can't believe that you're saying this with a straight face.

tell me he's kidding. i am blown away by this.

McNabb is an insult to the QB position. While guys like Aaron Rodgers dedicates an entire offsesaon to improving his footwork and adding a difficult to learn throw to his repetoire, Donoviathan McEmoTurkey is ****ing the world over about how his immaculate mechanics and his resulting wormkillers are not problems worth addressing and refusing to wear an armband(confirmed by Sonny, who is under the employ of NO ONE). While guys like Ray Lewis try to learn everything they can, even as a long-tenured veteran, McEmoTurkey instead resorts to PR to push down everyone's throats that he's the black Peyton Manning, even though a new crop of black QB are going to push him into oblivion. McNabb is not a football player worth liking.

You should have followed Mc5 right to Minny .

didnt realize he was that bad. If an offense scores 4 TDs in one half you usually assume the QB is doing at least adequately... I guess AP was just that good

media_httpsphotosakfb_GxtJv.jpg.scaled500.jpg

what best describes a fail other than saying, i had no idea what i was talking about i just made an assumption based on absolutely nothing.

the second fail is for saying, almost sarcastically i guess AP was just that good.

122 yards and 3 touchdowns, the touchdowns all came in the first quarter.

yes, arguably the best RB in the nfl is "that good"

media_httpsphotosakfb_GxtJv.jpg.scaled500.jpg

what best describes a fail other than saying, i had no idea what i was talking about i just made an assumption based on absolutely nothing.

the second fail is for saying, almost sarcastically i guess AP was just that good.

122 yards and 3 touchdowns, the touchdowns all came in the first quarter.

yes, arguably the best RB in the nfl is "that good"

Wow you took a lot of time and effort to reply to an honest mistaken post which was based on conventional wisdom about successful offenses. Hopefully you made yourself feel a little better with that, seems like you need it.

You're more than welcome to head on over to the Vikings mike.

If you can't clearly see that McNabb no longer has the little amount of skill he once had, then you clearly have blinders on.

---------- Post added October-10th-2011 at 12:19 AM ----------

Wow you took a lot of time and effort to reply to an honest mistaken post which was based on conventional wisdom about successful offenses. Hopefully you made yourself feel a little better with that, seems like you need it.

All it takes is to turn on the game or go over to nfl.com and look at the box score. You just arbitrarily stated McNabb had a good game because you didn't want to do any sort of research.

You're more than welcome to head on over to the Vikings mike.

If you can't clearly see that McNabb no longer has the little amount of skill he once had, then you clearly have blinders on.

---------- Post added October-10th-2011 at 12:19 AM ----------

All it takes is to turn on the game or go over to nfl.com and look at the box score. You just arbitrarily stated McNabb had a good game because you didn't want to do any sort of research.

Why do you think he should retire so soon, when just only last season, he passed for over 3300 in 12 games for us? Considering that we didn't have a oline & wide receivers were a concern. What more could you ask for out of a QB? I just felt it was wrong what happened last year. This year it is the system in minn. I do think he has a few season left in him. Just my thoughts.

Forget about me taking a trip to minn because I'd never root for another nfl team, I would stop watching nfl. I was frustrated how everything was handled last season.

The mods should start randomly drug testing posters because there are obviously some people on the board who are smoking some bad ****.

I like that the vikings are sensitive to what mcnabb went through last season while planning to put mcnabb through what he went through last season. Just over a quarter of the way through this season and I am marveling at the fact that both minnesota and new england were stupid enough to give us anything for the scrubs they took off our hands.

Haynesworth is tearing up opposing offenses to the tune of 2 tackles in 5 games, can you say championship? Meanwhile the electrifying McNabb is currently averaging worse stats per game than the immortal/legendary 2006 performance of Scott Brunell. Remember all the outcries of racism when poor 'ol Scott got the hook for Campbell that year? Eh, oh well.

McNabb still having a good game regardless of who is scoring. This is against AZ though... he survives another week and not much longer

I hope he lasts long enough for Ponder to not get enough time for the Vikes to see if he's any good, the fewer teams looking for a QB when we are the better.

... Meanwhile the electrifying McNabb is currently averaging worse stats per game than the immortal/legendary 2006 performance of Scott Brunell. Remember all the outcries of racism when poor 'ol Scott got the hook for Campbell that year? Eh, oh well.
It's Mark Brunell. But the comparison is kind of close. In 2006, Brunell played 10 games, with 8 TDs / 4 Ints and averaging 178 yards a game. After 4 games of the 2011 season, McNabb had 4 TDs / 2 Ints and was averaging about 170 yards a game.

Interestingly enough 2006 was Brunell's 13th season and 2011 is McNabb's 13th season. By midway through the 2006 season, it was obvious that time had caught up with Brunell --- so maybe the same is happening to McNabb?

It's Mark Brunell. But the comparison is kind of close. In 2006, Brunell played 10 games, with 8 TDs / 4 Ints and averaging 178 yards a game. After 4 games of the 2011 season, McNabb had 4 TDs / 2 Ints and was averaging about 170 yards a game.

Interestingly enough 2006 was Brunell's 13th season and 2011 is McNabb's 13th season. By midway through the 2006 season, it was obvious that time had caught up with Brunell --- so maybe the same is happening to McNabb?

You don't remember the play by play guys calling Mark, Scott? I thought that was a big part of Redskins' lore. Crazier because of how long Brunnell had ben in the league and a major player in the league up to that point.

Why do you think he should retire so soon, when just only last season, he passed for over 3300 in 12 games for us? Considering that we didn't have a oline & wide receivers were a concern. What more could you ask for out of a QB? I just felt it was wrong what happened last year. This year it is the system in minn. I do think he has a few season left in him. Just my thoughts.

Forget about me taking a trip to minn because I'd never root for another nfl team, I would stop watching nfl. I was frustrated how everything was handled last season.

The only reason he had so many yards is because we were always losing and had to come from behind and we had no running game.

I agree with Shanny that a QB should be judged by wins because stats can be very skewed because of many variables.

It is not unusual for a losing team's passing yards to be higher than league average simply because they have to throw more because they are behind in games.

As far as the system in Minn, It was stated before the season that Minn's offense was much closer to what he ran in Philly compared to Shanahan's.

i did need that, thank you for giving me another week to live by posting about "conventional wisdom about successful offenses."

and it took far too much time to look that up, in fact it took about as much time as it would have for you to go here:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311009016

before just coming on the board and saying something that you have no idea is true or not.

i'll be excited to turn on the radio today here in minny, i'm sure fans will take notice of the zero second half production for the 5th straight week.

but then again i heard a guy call for peterson to benched last week...

i did need that, thank you for giving me another week to live by posting about "conventional wisdom about successful offenses."

and it took far too much time to look that up, in fact it took about as much time as it would have for you to go here:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311009016

before just coming on the board and saying something that you have no idea is true or not.

i'll be excited to turn on the radio today here in minny, i'm sure fans will take notice of the zero second half production for the 5th straight week.

but then again i heard a guy call for peterson to benched last week...

I proved that people post things on the internet without knowing what they're talking about. You proved that people are douchebags on the internet.

So I'll rectify my negative contribution (300-something posts here and I make one uninformed one- god forgive me!). Maybe you can rectify yours.

Yeah, I know. Like Burgold pointed out, it's a joke kind of like calling Campbell Candle. :)

Brunell played in 10 games that year and McNabb is on pace to tie him in int's, td's, and slightly underperform vs. brunell in yardage if you could believe such a thing.

I was always pretty sure that McNabb was overrated and was just a product of the Philly offense. Then about 5 years ago he got injured and the old scrub QB Garcia came in and won 6 straight starts to get the previously 5-6 Eagles into the 2nd round of the playoffs before losing in New Orleans.

well after listening to the radio today i can tell you two things about Minnesota:

1) everyone, including the players are done with mcnabb. the only reason he is still playing is because he's fraizer's guy and fraizer's future is tied to him. no one in the front office even wanted him in minny.

2) the "voice of the vikings" is a no nonsense kind of guy. he had a linebacker on today who was making fun of him for not making his calls exciting enough during the game and he responded three times by saying "how do you expect me to listen to someone who plays for a team that only plays half a game."

Archived