Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN talks McNabb has 1 QTR left as a starter if he does not improve, but....

bonesbr549

I'm in the shop this morning with ESPN on (just to have football on) and hear something that almost made me spit my coffee across the room. They said Donovan has only 1 QTR to prove himself or he will get pulled as the starter. However they are aware of the effects of the experience he had in Washington and will give him the benefit of the doubt. I thought yea he sucked. God I thought it was stupid to get him in the first place and knew he would not last long and I know he will do for Minisota what he did for us, a big fat zero.

I'd be really surprised if they pull him mid-game, unless he's just throwing multiple picks that are entirely his fault.

At this point, with the story about refusing to wear the wristband last year...I don't have any sympathy for him. Actually I'd like to see him get benched and Ponder come in and light it up. :)

I thought the quarter ment another quarter of the season. So 4 more games. I was in and out during the segment, though.

The effects of the experience, though? Give me a break.

Your right they were talking about 4 more games not 15 more minutes.

The effects of the experience that he had in Washington? So, they don't want to even consider that the experience that he had in Washington was all his doing? No, because that would make these idiots wrong. McNabb's work in Minny is exactly why he had his "experience" in Washington. Shanny is not responsible for him sucking in Minny; he is just responsible for getting rid of a bad mistake as soon as he could.

The effects of the experience that he had in Washington? So, they don't want to even consider that the experience that he had in Washington was all his doing? No, because that would make these idiots wrong. McNabb's work in Minny is exactly why he had his "experience" in Washington. Shanny is not responsible for him sucking in Minny; he is just responsible for getting rid of a bad mistake as soon as he could.

He was traumatized by being asked to do work and be accountable for his actions. Imagine such a world!

No ****. Though those PM's tend to be a bit heavier on the colorful expletives. Meanwhile on Fox sports,Jimmy,Terry,Howie and the gang aren't being as generous as ESPN. For the most part,they're saying sit Donovan and aren't giving him the benefit of the doubt...anymore. Interesting.

What we saw and what Minnesota sees is an old dog not willing to learn new tricks. You'd think they'd have experience with that after Brett Favre.

McNabb's terrible showing in Washington was due to the fact that our genius offensive coordinator had NO plan for him. You thrust a QB into a completely new offensive system, with poor protection, and the improper personnel to execute, what do you think would happen. Minnesota may be 0-4 and McNabb definitely is not as good as he once was, but Minnesota's failure can not be directly attributed to McNabb. He really has only had one bad game all season.

McNabb's terrible showing in Washington was due to the fact that our genius offensive coordinator had NO plan for him. You thrust a QB into a completely new offensive system, with poor protection, and the improper personnel to execute, what do you think would happen. Minnesota may be 0-4 and McNabb definitely is not as good as he once was, but Minnesota's failure can not be directly attributed to McNabb. He really has only had one bad game all season.

McNabb has looked pretty clueless all season in Minnesota and his stats are among the bottom of the barrel in the league in most categories. Andy Reid was a genius for getting a 2nd round pick for him. His comfort level under Reid in that system masked a lot of his flaws IMO and Shanahan was duped in that trade. However, I'm just glad to have him off of our team and to get something in return for him. The whole wristband thing, his wormburners, etc. Glad he's someone else's problem.

Well, no.

McNabb was awful last year and he's awful this year. He had one good game against Kansas City and lost.

so he makes 1 big play while AP goes ape**** and suddenly he's not a bad qb?

please.

he is who everyone thought he was. washed up and without his athleticism and andy reid, not to mention a guy like westbrook, he is just an inaccurate pocket passer. that won't win you games in the NFL.

the vikings still haven't done anything in the second half of a game this year, and they won't see the cardinals again this year.

Arizona's defense is utter crap. They allowed SEVEN, count them, SEVEN Red Zone trips to US. Of ****ing course Adrian Peterson is going to go hog wild on them even if they had Ryan ****ing Leaf at QB.

Vikes finally figured it out. Don't use McEmoTurkey. Use Adrian Peterson.

---------- Post added October-9th-2011 at 08:08 PM ----------

McNabb thinks he's Peyton Manning. HE makes the plans, not the OC. You might as well fire every OC he touches, even ones who SPECIFICALLY tailor the offense to him, such as the Queen's Musgrave. With Frazier leaking out that he wants McEmoTurkey to change his mechanics, we can safely assume he's` doing the same **** again this year.

And look at Sam Bradford. HE'S a real playmaker surrounded by ****. He makes great throws even with his receivers sucking and his OL being weak. McEmoTurkey is not even close to that.

McNabb is still one my favorites...even when he was with Philly. We would have been better with McNabb instead of Rex. (No disrespect to Rex) Shouda kept McNabb.

When McNabb got shafted and was treated poorly in Washington (despite him having a career high year), I almost felt like leaving the redskins as fan.

McNabb will continue to improve with their new offensive system with the vikings.

Archived