Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Picks, Pats, and Pardons (Week 5)

kleese

Last Week: 13-3

Season: 49-15

Redskins: 3-1

Against the Spread: 8-7-1 (Last Week 1-3)

Lock of the Week: 1-3 (Last Week 0-1)

Last Week's Pats: I've been patting myself on the back all week for my Bengals over Bills pick; I mean really strutting my stuff. Hitting a pick like that can really make a guy ****y...And overall, a 13-win week keeps me pretty scorching to start this season.

Last Week's Pardons: 1-3 ATS for the second week in a row. I was feeling great about the Falcons being my lock when they were up big in Seattle, but then they blew it... By far my biggest miss was the 49ers-Eagles game, and I believe I owe an apology to San Francisco...not only did I think Philly would win, I thought it would be easy.

This Week's Picks:

New Orleans at Carolina: Excellent response from the Saints following their tough opening night loss in Green Bay. Brees and company have been just gouging their opponents all year. But that defense remains iffy, and Cam Newton and the Panthers continue to impress, despite the fact that they can't close games. Very tempeted to pick an upset here, but instead, I'll say it's a close call for New Orleans.

Saints 27, Panthers 25

www.edkleese.blogspot.com

You really think Atlanta stands a chance against the Packers? Have you watched Atlanta at all this year? They look AWFUL.

Also a bit confused over you picking the Steelers. They have no offensive line, and Ben is starting, but I don't see him doing much with a bad foot.

Finally, the Colts/Chiefs game isn't completely unimportant. It's got big implications in the Suck for Luck campaign.

I don't do this normally -- but what does this have to do with the Redskins? It seems more about how you're so good at picking winners in NFL games.

Sorry, but even if you become a millionaire -- I don't care about Indy vs. KC. I'm a Skins fan. Can you make your posts more relevant to ExtremeSkins folk? Especially since you want to use an ES fanboard to make the case that you're so good at predicting NFL games.

Is there another forum for this kind of thing?

awesome overall record, yet 1-3 on your locks. that is wacky.

Tell me about it... Really thought I pegged the Falcons correctly last week... That's the nature of the beast though...

---------- Post added October-9th-2011 at 12:21 PM ----------

I don't do this normally -- but what does this have to do with the Redskins? It seems more about how you're so good at picking winners in NFL games.

Sorry, but even if you become a millionaire -- I don't care about Indy vs. KC. I'm a Skins fan. Can you make your posts more relevant to ExtremeSkins folk? Especially since you want to use an ES fanboard to make the case that you're so good at predicting NFL games.

Is there another forum for this kind of thing?

Wyvern--- a few others, most notably ASF have said similar things. But the mods have let it go because I've done it in the tailgate every week for 7-8 years now. The majority have said they don't have a problem with it...kind of an ES tradition for myself and other long-timers

Archived