Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerruh blames Garrett for Romo's blunders...?

tr1

"Again, if you really look hard at where we were in that third quarter, you can make a case that if you run the ball a few times and punt it, run the ball a few times and punt it, stats show you can't lose it," said Jones, who added he's talked to Garrett about playing it safer when the Cowboys enjoy a large lead.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/The-ridicule-continues-for-Cowboys-Romo sits to pee-2202982.php

:ols: Please, somebody...stop Romo sits to pee from pulling a 'Romo sits to pee'!

It's NEVER Romo sits to pee's fault...

Please, keep thinking that Jerruh.

Jerruh: "Now Jason I want you to call Tony right now, call him on the telephone, and you apologize. You apologize to Tony right now for making him throw the ball, and you promise him that you're going to start calling more run plays if we get up late in the game. You tell him that Jason or i'll fire yo ass"!

:ols:

I love it. Wont be long now before garretts' demoted to water boy and ol jerruh will be wearing a headset on the sideline.

I actually think Garrett's huge mistake was staying in Dallas. The best thing for him would be to get fired so he can move on to an organization where the front office doesn't try to coach. It doesn't help that that same front office has so bloated the head of the quarterback and fueled his "hollywood" mentality. Bill Parcells was so right.

Here's the thing. I could totally see Jerruh being the one that encouraged Garrett to put the ball in Romo sits to pee's hands. JJ LOOOOOVES Romo sits to pee, almost unhealthily ( :paranoid: ) & after his "heroics" against us, I would not be a bit surprised to learn that JJ is the culprit behind the bad playcalling.

And for the record, I pray it continues...

I am 100% in favor of Jerruh getting more involved in running their games

it wouldnt shock me if the news broke that jerry jones calls all the plays.

All week I have been reading how the Cowboys are committed to rising and falling with Romo sits to pee. How long until somebody figures out that the downs are bigger and more frequent than the ups? Hopefully never

Jerruh: "Now Jason I want you to call Tony right now, call him on the telephone, and you apologize. You apologize to Tony right now for making him throw the ball, and you promise him that you're going to start calling more run plays if we get up late in the game. You tell him that Jason or i'll fire yo ass"!
Sounds a lot like Jim Zorn's situation with the Redskins. How did that work out?

The funny thing is that JJ is right.

They need to run the ball.

Felix Jones, Choice and DeMarco Murray they should be running the ball 30 x times plus.

They try but they suck at it. I haven't seen Murray enough but neither Jones nor Choice is an every down back. Plus their line can't push anybody off the ball. They had two nice runs against us but we stuffed them the majority of the game. The only way they can run is off the pass. Those two runs against us, both when they were down and we were playing pass, are the only two runs they have over 8 yards all season.

I have Jeff Fisher as a possibility for both the Cowboys and Eagles; should they make a coaching change. Jerruh wants another ring; he's going to have give up complete control to competent people. Or he can hire Vinnie.

I would hate to see Jeff Fisher in Dallas or Philly. He is a fantastic coach, who would instantly make the cowboys or eagles better.

That's because your punter was an absolute dullard and punted it straight to the second best punt returner in the NFL today.

Yeah I have to agree with this. Sure, the Eagles got hot and could not be stopped on offense. But it took one play - that went against Coughlin's call, mind you - to win the game. If it wasn't for that, then the recap of the game would have gone like "Giants Survive Late Scare," or something like that. Typically, when you have a huge lead like that, you absolutely have to become more conservative . . . especially in today's NFL, where offenses have all the advantages to score big and quick.

That's because your punter was an absolute dullard and punted it straight to the second best punt returner in the NFL today.
The best case scenario at that point was overtime, despite the Giants having a 21 point lead midway through the third quarter. You can give up a lead real quickly, even if youre running the football most of the time. Conservative playcalling can be just as dangerous as aggressive playcalling.

The best case scenario at that point was overtime, despite the Giants having a 21 point lead midway through the third quarter. You can give up a lead real quickly, even if youre running the football most of the time. Conservative playcalling can be just as dangerous as aggressive playcalling.

I agree. I still think Garrett's playcalling was fine. It was just idiotic throws by Romo sits to pee that did them in.

---------- Post added October-7th-2011 at 10:26 AM ----------

I would hate to see Jeff Fisher in Dallas or Philly. He is a fantastic coach, who would instantly make the cowboys or eagles better.

Yeah I have to agree with this. Sure, the Eagles got hot and could not be stopped on offense. But it took one play - that went against Coughlin's call, mind you - to win the game. If it wasn't for that, then the recap of the game would have gone like "Giants Survive Late Scare," or something like that. Typically, when you have a huge lead like that, you absolutely have to become more conservative . . . especially in today's NFL, where offenses have all the advantages to score big and quick.

The game was already tied when that punt happened. People forget that from the time the Giants were up 31-10 until it was tied they only had one possession and they drove into Eagles territory on it.

I always felt this is a common misconception when used as a blanket statement. I FULLY agree with you that conservative playcalling can be bad. In fact, I absolutely roasted Gibbs 2.0 for his conservative playcalling. However, like virtually everything in the NFL, it depends on circumstances (e.g. down and distance, clock, etc.). In the Cowboys game, why would Garrett create the opportunity for an explosive team to score points? This is no way to exonerate Romo sits to pee . . . dude is a bum. His decision making has got to be considered the worst in the NFL. But Garrett has to do everything he can to get out of there with a win.

Regarding conservative playcalling: I think it is one thing to be conservative on offense, and another on defense. If the Skins have a 21 point lead at that point, I'm looking for both Coach M and K Shanahan to run the ball more. With that said, I would HATE to see Coach Haslett back off and play prevent. I think going conservative on defense can be far more destructive than playing it safe on offense.

Archived