Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carolina Panthers Tailgate 10/23/2011 (REDSKIN FAN INVASION!!!)

superozman

See POST #209 by TK for information on the SATURDAY NIGHT PEP RALLY! (Don't drink and drive! http://www.calldaddnow.com/)

Official Extremeskins Tailgate - 10/23/11

was.png @ car.png

Where is it:

Thanks all for helping getting this going! Alright, so the lot we are parking in is CLUB ICE PARKING LOT. PARKING LOT OPENS 9 AM (sometimes 830, thanks ladybrave), so be there @8:30-9!!!

PARKING ON THE WEBSITE HAS ENDED! You can pay cash upon entrance. It is NOT sold out!

SkinsFanInTennessee will be there Early!!! Between 6-7 AM. SO TO ANYONE WHO WANTS – GET THERE!!! You will NOT be alone. Since I’m in a group, I’ll get there when I can. So come on out! I know IONTOP will be early. Plus it appears there will be plenty of beer for the morning. If you haven’t said what you are bringing, please bring something that looks like it’s needed. THANKS ALL!!

Club Ice Parking Lot 4-5 blocks from the stadium – http://www.preferredparking.com/event50_cached.asp?EventID=50 (Lot 304 - $20 300-304 E. Stonewall Street) http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Club+Ice+Charlotte,+NC&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Club+Ice&hnear=0x88541fc4fc381a81:0x884650e6bf43d164,Charlotte,+NC&cid=0,0,13314627100116429297&ei=LCKOTvWPKoeztwfFv-CIDA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAQQ_BI

Skins_16_0 has offered to help people with questions about almost anything they could have – Email is nadams@essexrichards.com.

Carolina will be wearing their BLUE jerseys, so it looks like the Redskins will wear their White jerseys. I figured since the Uniform thread on here is so big, this will help someone decide what to wear.

WESTIN HOTEL IS ALMOST BOOKED UP! Right near tailgate site, and SFIT has mentioned the hotel is almost booked up. Looks like $235/night from what I gather, but I went right to the website:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1383

Information Still Needed:

1. Items needed as of 10/6/2011 – Grills, Tent(s), Coolers, Beer, Liquor, Breakfast/Lunch foods, Chairs, tables, paper plates, napkins, plastic utensils, Games (Corn Hole, Washers, Horse Nuts, cups/ping pong balls, etc), and PEOPLE!

2. CANNOT BUY BOOZE ON GAME DAY!!!! (stores open at noon) so pick it up before Sunday.

PEOPLE ATTENDING (Any post that alluded to you being there, including your name below. Please let me know to remove you if necessary, or if I missed you.):

Superozman (+7)

Mrredskin (+1)

BrandonJ83 (+7/8)

TK (+1)

SnyderShrugged (+1)

Riggins_44

Skins_16_0

Pjfootballer

Endzonerules

Disco Dave

HapHazard (+1)

SkinsFanEST82 (+1)

Robin

Tom

Redskin4Lyf21

HailToTheRedskins14 (+ a small crowd)

Skinsfan07

SouthCarolinaSkins (+2)

TheSlammingButcher (+3)

SkinsFanInTennessee (+4)

Redskins4ever

IONTOP

Mudhog

cincyfan - will decide on food later

JCHarpo

DGREENHULK

Poman

Lady Brave

Long n Left (+5)

Riggins_44

ShortyTripp

RedskinsDan07

TorresA

jeepinjed (+3)

DUPA (+5)

bigtymeskin2126 (+4)

seancarter (+1)

ATL_Hail

Barrstarr1 (+2)

skinslove<3

BigTimeSkin

skinfan2k

wolf6921

BrookiePooh419 (+4)

hoosandskinsMUSTwin

BEVERAGES:

Beer – BrandonJ83

Beer – SnyderShrugged

Beer – Redskin4Lyf21

Beer – HailToTheRedskins14

Beer – IONTOP

Beer – JCHarpo

Beer – DGREENHULK

Beer – Poman

Beer – SkinsFanEST82

Beer - Long N Left

Beer - seancarter

Beer - Brooke

Sweet Tea – Lady Brave

Liquor/Other – TK (Liquid Candy)

Liquor/Other – SkinsFanInTennessee (Apple Cider Moonshine)

Liquor/Other – IONTOP (Skittle Vodka)

Liquor/Other – BrandonJ83 (Crown Royal)

Liquor/Other – Superozman (American Honey or Jack Daniels Honey)

Liquor/Other - ShortyTripp (2 Gal of Rum Punch)

Water – Poman

Water - Long N Left

Soda - ShortyTripp

Soda - Long N Left

COOLERS/UTENSILS:

Cooler - Lady Brave

Cooler – HailToTheRedskins14 (2 possibly)

Cooler – Redskins4Lyf

Cooler - BigTimeSkin

Cups – Lady Brave

Plates – Lady Brave

Utensils – Lady Brave

Plates - SkinsfanEST82

CHAIRS/TABLES/GRILLS/CANOPY

-

Chairs - DGreenHulk

Chairs - JCHarpo

Chairs – Lady Brave (2)

Chairs – TK (2)

Redskin4Lyf21 (4-5)

Table – Haphazard

Table – Mrredskin

Grill – Lady Brave

Grill – HailToTheRedskins14

Canopy – Redskin4Lyf21

Generator - Mrredskin

FOOD ITEMS

Scrapple – Superozman

Hot Dogs – HapHazard

Hot Dogs – HailToTheRedskins14

Hot Dog Buns - HapHazard

Hamburgers - HailToTheRedskins14

Brats - BigTimeSkin

Condiments - Lady Brave

Sandwich Tray – Lady Brave

Breakfast Item – SnyderShrugged

Pork Skewers - TorresA

Chips/Snacks – Poman

Chips/Snacks – DGreenHulk

Chips/Snacks – HapHazard

Cookies - Brooke

Ghost Chili Dip – Superozman

Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats – Superozman

Potato Salad/Slaw – HapHazard

Banana Split Cake - Lady Brave

Sliders/Wings/Chili? - wolf6921

GAMES

Skins 16_0 - Corn Hole

Don't forget, Saturday night the Team is having a Pep Rally:

redskinsrally_charlotte.gif

I've been twice since I've lived here, once for preseason and once for regular season. My parent's neighbors have season tickets and we usually follow them in. They park in a cash lot, I want to say it's S. Cedar street. I'll check with them and get back to you. I'm going up there this weekend to see my 8 yr old Great Nephew play his pee wee league game.

You'll prolly get more traction on this after the iggles game as Carolina is still a few weeks out.

And yes, I've had tickets to this game for awhile now. We're going to kick Cam's ass. :)

I'm sure, but I saw other games going up (Miami) with activity so I figured start it. And again, if someone more known on the board or more experienced, they can feel free to take over. I don't want to step on any toes.

PJF - thanks for some info!

I went the last time we played Carolina and we parked in a parking garage. It seemed like there was plenty fo tailgating going on and plenty of Skins fans. I would like to do some tailgating as well. I live 2.5 hrs away so I am definetly going to have a driver!

By the way, I am trying to find some good tickets for this game if anyone has some info.

Alright... I'm going to throw this out... This is what we did last time and it worked VERY well for us...

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Club+Ice+Charlotte,+NC&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Club+Ice&hnear=0x88541fc4fc381a81:0x884650e6bf43d164,Charlotte,+NC&cid=0,0,13314627100116429297&ei=LCKOTvWPKoeztwfFv-CIDA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAQQ_BI

This is "Club Ice" it's right next to the Westin and where we tailgated. Not a bad walk from the stadium and the grassy area was nice for setting up the tailgate. I hope that's where we are this year...

Alright... I'm going to throw this out... This is what we did last time and it worked VERY well for us...

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Club+Ice+Charlotte,+NC&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Club+Ice&hnear=0x88541fc4fc381a81:0x884650e6bf43d164,Charlotte,+NC&cid=0,0,13314627100116429297&ei=LCKOTvWPKoeztwfFv-CIDA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAQQ_BI

This is "Club Ice" it's right next to the Westin and where we tailgated. Not a bad walk from the stadium and the grassy area was nice for setting up the tailgate. I hope that's where we are this year...

Is that the spot that is near the LYNX mass-transit stop near the stadium? That's where I went to the ES Redskins tailgate and it was a perfect spot.

Is that the spot that is near the LYNX mass-transit stop near the stadium? That's where I went to the ES Redskins tailgate and it was a perfect spot.

If you went in '09 and tailgated with Pez and Huly (and myself :) ) that was the lot...

You'll prolly get more traction on this after the iggles game as Carolina is still a few weeks out.

And yes, I've had tickets to this game for awhile now. We're going to kick Cam's ass. :)

Oh man does this mean I'll finally get to meet the famous TK I have tickets also and plan to be there.

I would love to attend with my youngest daughter Chloe, This will be her first Skins game! She has been looking forward to this for more than a year!

Still looking for tickets, I know there are some on stubhub, but I am waiting a little to see if I can find a last minute deal. If anyone has any connections, my daughter and I would be beholden.

ah man, that would be awesome since my res for Sunday night is at the Westin!

I've been waiting for this thread to pop up. Will be making the trek over from the Knoxville area. If I drive in, I have a portable Honda (1kW) generator and a 6ft table I could bring. I'd rather not bring my cornhole set since they'd take up so much room in my Pathfinder. If we need an extra canopy, I could probably bring one, but it's got a UT cover :)

i'm sure there will be a good number of us there needing tix. Hoping that sCam and the gang will be 1-5 by that point and tix will be cheaper.

Hey guys, even though I'm a Redskins season ticket holder and make it to FedEx for just about every game, I actually live in Charlotte. So, I'm happy to help set anything up for the Panthers game. Also, if anyone needs any info on hotels, directions, good restaurants, bars, the lightrail, etc., just shoot me an email to nadams@essexrichards.com. I'd be happy to give you any input you need. The 2009 tailgate was next to the Club Ice and the Westin (which is where the Skins stayed, so that was nice to see them load up in the morning). Just let me know. HTTR!!! Norris

I'll be there with my girlfriend. She is from South Carolina so she "claims" that she is a Panthers fan. It brings a great rivalry to our relationship and whichever team loses that game will make for a long ride back to DC for one of us. I actually cant wait to get down there. Let me know what items havent been covered food/drink wise. It'll be cool to meet you guys.

Archived