Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rick Perry's "Ranch Problem"

DeaconTheVillain

I am sure some of you have already heard about this.

According to the Washington Post, Texas governor and Republican 2012 presidential hopeful Rick Perry has a “ranch problem”. For years, including some during his tenure as governor, he and his family hosted hunting and other events at a West Texas hunting camp they leased called “Ni**erhead”.

http://thyblackman.com/2011/10/04/rick-perry-******head-problem/

On topic...even I can't defend this. :silly:

No defense is needed

A hunting lease was named that long ago(before the Perrys)

A rock marking the route to it had it's name

Once Rick;s family got on the lease he had the offensive name painted over(couple of decades ago)

If the Post is putting out that garbage they are clearly still worried

Meh, I'm not thinking this particular thing is a huge deal. The shine has already started wearing off Perry

I believe I saw a poll on TV where two weeks ago Perry was in the lead with 24%, then Romney with 15% and Cain in single digits. Now Romney is tied with Cain around 18% and Perry has fallen to like 13%. I'll try to look it up.

Nobody understands exactly what Perry has done or what he stands for, regardless of what some posters may say.

Unfortunately for Perry, when you couple this with his past defense of confederate symbols (when he was Lt. Gov), and you have a recurring image of who this guy is.

Someone who appears less electable (to the mainstream) than they thought 3 months ago.

Oh that's bs. Just the driveby media conspiracy. They're scared of him.

Unfortunately for Perry, when you couple this with his past defense of confederate symbols (when he was Lt. Gov), and you have a recurring image of who this guy is.

Someone who appears less electable (to the mainstream) than they thought 3 months ago.

You don't have to go into his past to find controversy. The Texas DMV is considering a proposal RIGHT NOW to place the Confederate flag on Texas license plates. A proposal supported by Rick Perry and Jerry Patterson (TX Land Commissioner).

IMO, the ranch story is way overblown, but this is Presidential politics and things like this are going to come up (see Rev. Wright).

This incident was one of Cain's few smart moments of the campaign so far. He pulled the race card to get some press for himself, capitalize on his momentum and help push down an already sagging Perry. Then the coup de grace-he then pulls the race card backinto his hand to avoid bring an "angry black man" and return focus to Perry's perceived soft record on illegal immigration. Nicely played. Who says the GOP can't play the race card? :)

You don't have to go into his past to find controversy. The Texas DMV is considering a proposal RIGHT NOW to place the Confederate flag on Texas license plates. A proposal supported by Rick Perry and Jerry Patterson (TX Land Commissioner).

IMO, the ranch story is way overblown, but this is Presidential politics and things like this are going to come up (see Rev. Wright).

Why is it controversial to consider allowing a specialty plate for the Sons of Confederate veterans?http://www.khou.com/news/local/Texas-considers-Confederate-flag-license-plate-124463999.html

Somebody getting their panties in a bunch?

Archived