Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Redskin Breast Cancer awareness gear do you wear?

RichmondRedskin88

Although I take breast cancer seriously because it effects our women, Im not particularly fond of dedicating "awareness" to just that one cancer when there are over 200 different kinds. I understand that it helps generate donations, but Im not sure as to why so many companies choose breast cancer over other types of cancer? It seems like they just use it for its marketability. Especially since they can correlate the color pink with it. For that reason, I probably wont be buying any breast cancer gear

Although I take breast cancer seriously because it effects our women, Im not particularly fond of dedicating "awareness" to just that one cancer when there are over 200 different kinds. I understand that it helps generate donations, but Im not sure as to why so many companies choose breast cancer over other types of cancer? It seems like they just use it for its marketability. Especially since they can correlate the color pink with it. For that reason, I probably wont be buying any breast cancer gear

I am with you on this one. It seems kind of odd to me that we focus an entire month on one type of cancer. Why not focus on CANCER as a whole

None. I don't understand why someone would buy a pink $80 jersey to support Breast Cancer Awareness. The foundations don't see $80 of that, they barely see 10% of it. I donate money directly, they get more of it and it is tax deductable.

What about Prostate cancer? Kids with leukemia, brain tumors etc.. Great idea to promote fight cancer, but why not as a hole?

Not sure why we have players wearing pink all month long? I'm sorry, but we need to support it another way, not by wearing pink shoes for a single cancer.

This buy and wear pink is a big waste of money, donate directly to the cause, btw please support all cancer research, I am tired of only hearing about breast cancer you would think it is the only type of cancer in the world.

Before anyone starts to argue this, my grandma, and my aunt both had breast cancer.:( So its not like I don't know what I'm talking about.

Ouch, that'll teach the OP to ask an innocuous question. That said, I do worry that Komen has gotten out of control. There's too much free-flowing cash and marketing for me to feel it's cure-first.

So to answer, the hoodlums occasionally wear the pink curly R hats, but I don't think those are cancer-specific. I enjoyed seeing it in Madden. So does buying Madden 12 count? ;)

Now if somebody could tell me what a "Redskins Phillip Daniels signed game worn pink shoe" for 10/10/2011 (yes, 2011) is, I'd appreciate it.

The sorority ZTA gave me a pink breast cancer awareness logo that they pinned on jerseys a few years back. I haven't taken it off since. Nothing major just sits there in the corner.

I have the same, just a small pink ribbon with a safety pin. I think it was against TB.

I am with you on this one. It seems kind of odd to me that we focus an entire month on one type of cancer. Why not focus on CANCER as a whole

As someone currently fighting cancer I'm with you all. It gets annoying seeing how much pub. Breast cancer gets while others are outright ignored. People now don't even really associate livestrong with testicular cancer anymore. That's the only other cancer that I've seen get any publicity at all (that I can remember off the top of my head)

Archived