Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN (Puke apologist network panties in a bundle): Cooley's Romo rips are out of line

tr1

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/31255/cooleys-Romo sits to pee-rips-are-out-of-line

By Dan Graziano

Chris Cooley is way wrong on this one. :rolleyes: The Washington Redskins' tight end had no business talking as gleefully in public as he did about Tony Romo sits to pee's most recent collapse. Cooley's a fun guy who's free with his opinions, and that makes him entertaining. But in this particular case, as a contemporary of Romo sits to pee's and a fellow professional athlete, he should know better and should have kept his mouth shut.:pfft:

Overall, the Romo sits to pee bashing is getting silly, because it's become too easy. There's no art to it, very little thought put into what's being said anymore. He plays a great game, he's great. He plays a lousy game, and it's as though he never played a great one. It's knee-jerk. It's white noise. And it's almost pointless to keep track of who said what because it doesn't matter if it's all the same.:ols:

For instance, the stuff Deion Sanders said on the NFL Network about how Romo sits to pee's "not the guy that can take you where you want to go." That's right off of Page 1 of the Romo sits to pee-ripping handbook and it's not new or insightful.

No, what jumps off the page in the latest episode of Today in Tony Bashing is the contribution by Cooley, who said this on a radio show:

"It's amazing, amazing to watch him choke like that," Cooley said on 106.7 The Fan in Washington. "I'm just saying, (if) I'm up 24 points in the third quarter, if I'm the head coach, I feel like I could probably just take a knee for the rest of the game, punt it away and there's no way that Detroit's gonna drive on you that many times. The only way you're gonna give up that many points is turnovers, right? It's hilarious to watch him throw pick sixes, too, back to back. I loved it."

My first thought was, "Did Cooley retire and I missed it?" Because that's just not the kind of thing one current player says about another. It's the kind of thing a fan says about a player on a team he hates. Professional athletes are supposed to have more mutual respect for each other and for how hard the game is to play. It's all well and good if Cooley has something personal against Romo sits to pee and wants to cackle to himself in the privacy of his own home. But to come out and say on a radio show that you enjoyed watching another guy fail? Not saying you enjoyed the fact that a team in your division lost so you gained ground on them, but saying you took personal enjoyment out of a fellow football player's failure? That doesn't ring right, and it's not very professional.

I don't care about the cage-fighting stuff because that was silly and jokey and harmless. I listened to the audio to be sure before I came here to write this, and I didn't find anything about that part of it worth commenting on. But the part where he calls Romo sits to pee a choker doesn't seem remotely appropriate. If a Redskins fan calls into the LaVar and Dukes show to call Romo sits to pee a choker and say how much he enjoyed watching him choke away the game (which he did do, by the way), that's one thing. But for another active NFL player to do it? I'm sorry. Just silly.

What if Cooley and Romo sits to pee end up on the same team someday? What if one of Romo sits to pee's defensive teammates, who happens to really like Romo sits to pee, decides to seek out Cooley personally in the next Cowboys-Redskins game and exact revenge? And what about professional respect and courtesy? Would it be all right with Cooley if he dropped three balls in the end zone and the Cowboys' backup tight end came out and laughed at him about it on the radio and said how awesome it was to watch?

Cooley likes to talk a lot, and say and write outrageous things. And someday that's liable to land him a spot on one of those studio shows like Deion. But for now, while he's still playing in the same league as Romo sits to pee, it's flat-out wrong for him to have said what he said. When someone like me criticizes an NFL player, other NFL players will often chide me for not knowing how hard it is to do what the player was trying to do. Cooley should know better, and he really should apologize.

---------- Post added October-4th-2011 at 10:40 PM ----------

Well, there's really no hiding it now, is there?

ESPN is PUKETV...plain and simple.

Cooley was playing around, and this 'fan' got offended.

Nice objectivity.

"It's amazing, amazing to watch him choke like that," Cooley said on 106.7 The Fan in Washington. "I'm just saying, (if) I'm up 24 points in the third quarter, if I'm the head coach, I feel like I could probably just take a knee for the rest of the game, punt it away and there's no way that Detroit's gonna drive on you that many times. The only way you're gonna give up that many points is turnovers, right? It's hilarious to watch him throw pick sixes, too, back to back. I loved it."

The part they didn't even have the brains to throw in there since they are all over Romo sits to pee's nuts is what happened in our game in comparison.

Romo sits to pee had a 24 point lead against a good offensive team with 25 minutes left to go in the game when he threw the 1st INT, at home where a crowd isn't going to go completely nuts if you make a mistake. His 2 Int's turned into Pick 6's.

Grossman had a 17 point lead with 12 minutes left in the game on the road against a very bad offensive team when our running game had already put up almost 200 yards. Our Int caused the STL crowd to get back into the game and potentially cause problems. Grossman's 2 Int's turned into 3 points because players tackled the defender and then the offense was stopped. Otherwise we'd have given up 21 instead of 10 points.

Which is worse?

I'd say that it's easier to hold a 17 point lead running the ball with 12 minutes left in the game than 24 points with 25 left, considering who we were playing especially. Even giving them the ball twice inside the 30 off those interceptions they only got 3 points. I'm almost positive that running the ball, punting, and them starting from their 0-20 yard line they wouldn't have scored at all.

Who really isn't surprised that somebody who writes for BSPN would write something like this. The Pukes do SUCK right now and they need somebody to stick up for them. However, I do wish Cooley wouldn't have said this given the fact they did lose to them which gives it less meaning.

I hope Cooley doesn't come out with an apology letter. It's true.. to choke away a lead like that by personally giving the other team 14pts is pretty amazing to see.

Was about to say the same. I hate seeing people apologize because someone got their feelings hurt.

Dan Graziano is in my opinion, the best blogger on ESPN right now. He is completely unbiased and takes the time to actually know the teams and the fanbases for which he covers. ( as opposed to the previous cowboy lackey Mosely). In this case i agree with him, and disagree. If it werent for the fact that i hate the cowboys, he would be right. But i dont think he understands the extent of our disdain for Dallas. Anything someone says mocking the cowboys to me is fair game. But im a redskins fan...Otherwise, i agree with what he said.

It's written by Dan Graziano who for the most part has been pretty unbiased in his NFC east writings, but this is just stupid. I mean I don't even know any better way to describe that, what he wrote was a waste of time, and completely idiotic.

Which is worse?

Wow! First, I'd say 24 points is more than 17 points...and Grossman didn't lose the game...Romo sits to pee did lose his game.

Why do Skins' fans go out of their way to say we're lousy, even though we WIN the game?

Lighten up...the thread is about Romo sits to pee and a Romo sits to pee-loving writer who can't take a joke.

There are tons of Hate-Rex threads in the stadium...I'm thinking that's where your post belongs...

But, hey, that's just me.

;)

Whether Dan Graziano likes the Redskins or dislikes them he is just another reporter that gives Romo sits to pee the benefit of the doubt for his mistakes. Romo sits to pee throws for over 300 yards, 3 TD's and 3INT's and cost them them game. He is still considered a second tier QB and defended by every media outlet. Rex Grossman could throw for the same stats and they would be calling him the same old Rex Grossman. Can't trust him, he's a gunslinger, turnover prone, etc. Why is that? It is the same thing with the ownership. Jerry Jones takes in all of these misfits and trouble makers to try to rehab them and it blows up in his face. He is hailed as a great humanitarian. Dan Snyder does anything similar to that and he is the villian and a bad guy. So why does ESPN do this? Plain and simple to me. They feel like they owe the Cowboys something and they hire ex-Cowboy players and coaches to do their analysis. There is only one ex-Redskin player on their staff and that is Mark May. Of course you could say Mark Schlereth but he is a bitter man towards the Redskins and considers himself a Bronco. The only reason Mark may is still there is due to his role on College Football and not NFL football. So **** Dan and everyone at ESPN.

So lame that society has turned so weak in the face of trash talk or even something that could be viewed as lighthearted or even funny. Just another reason why ESPN will never get any respect from me and it's disgusting how Romo sits to pee's put on a pedestal without really accomplishing anything in comparison to Rogers/Brady/Manning/Big Ben.

I agree, and Ali should never have talked about his opponents either.

Cannot wait for NBC Sports Network.

---------- Post added October-5th-2011 at 08:48 AM ----------

I'd love to see Cooley release a follow-up statement, "The media handlers thought I should tone down my obviously humorous remarks about Tony Romo sits to pee, but **** 'em and **** Dallas too!"

LOL, go Noel Gallagher on them.

"But f 'em basically."

I hope Cooley doesn't come out with an apology letter. It's true.. to choke away a lead like that by personally giving the other team 14pts is pretty amazing to see.

I hope he DOES come out with an apology letter. Knowing Chris it would be hilarious and read like something from the onion.

Wow, Cooley gets chastised for saying this, yet Fat-Gut Rob Ryan can put his middle finger up at our team after the game. Pot meet kettle.

And who cares anyway. The players will police this and hopefully the Pukes defense won't take a cheap shot at his knee, which is way worse than words.

And was Graziano alive during the 70s? Would he have taken offense to the Redskins wearing camo to the game in Dallass? Would he be offended at Dallass DE Harvey Martin throwing a funural wreath in the Redskins locker room? Grow a pair dude. Thomas Henderson once said Terry Bradshaw was so dumb, he couldn't spell Cat if you spotted him the C and the T. So you know what Terry did? Whooped his ass in the SB. Hows that for revenge.

These are grown me. Let them handle it and stop being such a douchebag Dan.

Archived