Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I was assaulted

DCchillin89

I see a lot of threads in which members of ES help someone else out in a bind. Well that's me now. On Saturday night, I was jumped by 3 individuals. The motive remains unclear, but it involved three fraternity members. The Resident Assistant broke up the "fight" and described to me that he saw as one of the individuals pinning my arms behind my back while the other two connected with punches to my head. My injuries suck, and I definitely sustained a concussion. It is tuesday and I still cannot read, listen to music or handle bright lights without getting a headache.

What should I do? I don't want to go to the police, as I know the three perps, and this would most definitely end their college careers. However, I have never felt worse. I do not know who to tell and haven't gone to see a doctor or told anyone in my family. Any advice would be appreciated.

**** their "college careers." You deserve justice, and their next victim deserves to be spared that kind of brutality.

Sorry if that was too strong, but that's my opinion. You're in my prayers, and I wish you the speediest possible recovery.

I see a lot of threads in which members of ES help someone else out in a bind. Well that's me now. On Saturday night, I was jumped by 3 individuals. The motive remains unclear, but it involved three fraternity members. The Resident Assistant broke up the "fight" and described to me that he saw as one of the individuals pinning my arms behind my back while the other two connected with punches to my head. My injuries suck, and I definitely sustained a concussion. It is tuesday and I still cannot read, listen to music or handle bright lights without getting a headache.

What should I do? I don't want to go to the police, as I know the three perps, and this would most definitely end their college careers. However, I have never felt worse. I do not know who to tell and haven't gone to see a doctor or told anyone in my family. Any advice would be appreciated.

Are you serious? Turn them into the police and call it a day. If someone gave me a concussion, they'd better sleep with one eye open.

And go to the doctor and keep going until your symptoms go away.

if the injuries are that severe... you really need to get it looked at and make sure you are alright first and foremost... I am surprised to hear that your RA did not take action themselves.

If those 3 guys get away with doing such a thing to you.. more than likley they will beating up someone else down the line... If you feel uncomfortable with all that is involved in your immediate surroundings.. I would contact the Ombuds Office although they might be obligated to contact someone if they decide that you are in danger of immediate physical harm.

Get to a Dr. ASAP. If you are still having the symptoms you mentioned, there could be a more serious injury than you realize. A CT scan sounds like a good idea.

100% agreed... you dont want to find out that there is more to this before some permanent damage is done.

You have to report them. Even if you don't press charges, you have to report them to the police, and you have to go see a doctor. 5 days later and you can't read or walk out into daylight? You're lucky they didn't knock you into a coma from the sound of it. That's not harmless college pranks at that point, it's cold-blooded assault and battery.

**** their "college careers." You deserve justice, and their next victim deserves to be spared that kind of brutality.

Sorry if that was too strong, but that's my opinion. You're in my prayers, and I wish you the speediest possible recovery.

Agreed on all counts. This wasn't messing around, this was a crime. And definitely see a doctoe.

Are you holding 3 random guys college careers over your life? What if you would have died from internal bleeding? What if they caused you brain damage and you were a vegetable for the rest of your life? Really man, put things into perspective and go to the police.

Question... did they assault you b/c of something you or someone else did to one of their brothers? Or something you or someone else did to their property? Are you avoiding reporting this incident b/c by doing so you'd have to admit to doing something to them which instigated the situation?

Just wondering... b/c there's no reason whatsoever for you to avoid reporting the incident unless you're protecting yourself or your fraternity.

Archived