Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What About our TE's?

VeroViper

Davis is getting a perfectly adequate number of targets, even though I think he should be used much more. Its just that those targets aren't always....well, on target.

I think we should be happy that right now, Davis is playing the majority of the offensive snaps. That can only be good. The proper QBing will come later.

I'm not saying it's the whole problem or anything, but it sure has looked to me like they are trying to force feed Cooley at Davis' expense the last 2 games.

Cooley had 4 catches against Dallas; Davis had 1.

Davis had 4 catches today; Cooley had 1.

It's been even the past two games.

With Cooley & Davis you would think we'd have a lethal TE tandem. But we haven't had a lot of production there the last couple of weeks. What's the problem?

Due to the injury to Young, Cooley has been pressed into service as the starting FB.

Davis has been used quite a bit the last 2 games as a 6th OL, helping out with the running game.

Cooley had 4 catches against Dallas; Davis had 1.

Davis had 4 catches today; Cooley had 1.

It's been even the past two games.

Plus a couple of carries for Cooley.

Given the big plays Davis was producing, reducing his targets to "split" them with Cooley would represent a a serious game-planning mistake, imo.

You cannot keep just throwing at Davis and hoping for the best .

Davis was targeted 6 times last night, catching 4 of them but getting most of those receptions in the 4th .

Cooley was targted 2 times last night - Yeah really looks like they are forcing the ball to Cooley to ruin Fred Davis ...

Mike Shanahan said it best last week "that's football." Nobody produces every single week (except Calvin Johnson apparently). If it goes 1-2 or more games where Davis doesn't do anything then its time to ask questions but my guess is this is just how the game plan worked out and/or the defense prioritized covering him.

You cannot keep just throwing at Davis and hoping for the best .

Davis was targeted 6 times last night, catching 4 of them but getting most of those receptions in the 4th .

Cooley was targted 2 times last night - Yeah really looks like they are forcing the ball to Cooley to ruin Fred Davis ...

It was more so in the Dallas game, but also Davis seems to be staying in to block more, while there are plays that it looks like Cooley os the target, but he's covered, so it ends up going elsewhere.

But whatever. It was an opinion based on what I saw, so go ahead and get snippy about it.

im not worried about it. we have two of the better TEs in the league and a decent backup in paulsen.

the lack of targets to them are most likely placalling and offensive scheming (not to mention cooley at FB and still recovering imo).. the talent has gone nowhere.

dont be suprise if this trend continues. as soon as the opponents start to focus on other areas of our offense, shanny jr will call plays to the TEs and theyll have a big game.

considering we didnt target the TE's much the last two games, i would think that they will be heavily utilized versus the eagles.. and they should, because that linebacking corps is suspect. huge mismatch in our favor there, and i betcha shanny jr. is already cooking something up.

Archived