Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

where's Hankerson?

NIGHTHAWK1024

At a Shanny PC two weeks ago....

“Hankerson is a little bit further behind,” Shanahan said on Monday. “But it doesn’t mean he’s not going to be a great player, but he just has to keep on working and the things in practice to consistently show the coaches that he’ll be ready to play on game day. You see the ability, but you have to see the consistency.”

At a Shanny PC two weeks ago....

“Hankerson is a little bit further behind,” Shanahan said on Monday. “But it doesn’t mean he’s not going to be a great player, but he just has to keep on working and the things in practice to consistently show the coaches that he’ll be ready to play on game day. You see the ability, but you have to see the consistency.”

Yeah I read those comments and I am sure since he sees him at practice day in day out he will know when he is ready. Does not sound like he has lost confidence in his ability but it just is not time yet. The team could certainly use him as they are missing that big go to target. I also think that Armstrong is missed more than the avg. fan knows.

These posts are maddening. This is going to be a redshirt year because he doesn't play special teams and there is 3 guys ahead of him that share that same distinction. Paul, Austin, & Stallworth do. He has talent and potential but his pick in the 3rd RD is about 2012 and beyond.

I understand all of this but the guy can't develop while sitting on the bench. I mean come on throw him in the game every once in a while. I'm not looking for greatness but at least some experience to build upon for next year.

because right now we are on the razor's edge of losing/winning every week. he runs a bad route and causes an INT that leads to a loss and suddenly it doesn't sound like such a good idea.

he's not some speed guy who can run gadget plays and niles paul has size as well and is out there playing.

Dont want to push the panic button but this is at least is concerning we are fresh off the M. Kelly and D. Thomas disaster. We heard some of the same comments with those guys and we know how that ended up. This guy was talked about as the steal of the draft and a starter opposite Moss. Now we learn he is having trouble grasping the offense. Troubling

but I really feel Hankerson can be something special and Paul could be another Randel El

don't you just love expert analysis ... :ols:

i mean, besides people hyping him on this message board, what else would make you think he can be special.

dude is as raw and green as a gets. i honestly htink he would crap his pants if he played right now.

Hankerson hasn't proved to be ahead of Paul' date=' Austin or Stallworth in terms of grasping the offense and making plays.[/quote']

Yeah, because Stallworth, Paul, and Austin are just burnin' it up! :doh:

Once again, our only real WR threat is #89. And Gaffney has contributed. But the other receivers? <<crickets>>

I'm not saying Hank is "it," but I think with this offense struggling (AGAIN!), ALL options should be on the table! We play the E-Gals in two weeks, and although they are a hot mess, we KNOW how they can always get themselves up and play the Redskins twice a year!

You can't compare a 3rd rounder to two top-6 picks.

Now this I agree he is no Jones or Green. I'm not saying Hankerson will be a Irvin or a Moss from day one but he surely can get a few reps. Hell he doesn't even have to be thrown at just have him out on a rare 5 WE shotgun.

---------- Post added October-2nd-2011 at 07:53 PM ----------

Yeah, because Stallworth, Paul, and Austin are just burnin' it up! :doh:

Once again, our only real WR threat is #89. And Gaffney has contributed. But the other receivers? <<crickets>>

I'm not saying Hank is "it," but I think with this offense struggling (AGAIN!), ALL options should be on the table! We play the E-Gals in two weeks, and although they are a hot mess, we KNOW how they can always get themselves up and play the Redskins twice a year!

This is my argument right here. Thank god somebody notices we are dead at WE especially with no Armstrong.

I really feel Hankerson can be something special and Paul could be another Randel El

Obviously Shanahan doesn't think he's going to be anything special in the first 4 weeks at least. Since he's our superbowl winning coach, i'd say he probably is better at talent evaluation than the rest of us. If the player isnt out on the field, it's because regardless of what we think or hope, he's not good enough.

I'd rather have Garrard as a stop gap at QB

Wait a minute, wait a minute....you want the JAGUARS leftovers? Grossman has been to a SB, Garrard will be finding a career elsewhere from the NFL. If he was any good at all, one of the other 32 teams would have at least given him a workout. It hasn't happened. Trust your coach, if Garrard was better than Grossman or Beck, he would be on the team.

Why haven't we played Hankerson yet? He's just riding the bench taking up room. Paul also hasn't gotten much of anything either.

You are aware Aaron Rodgers was benched for 3 years?

I'm concerned about Hankerson, not ready to panic but definitely concerned.

Yes he doesn't play STs, but he really can't earn an active spot at all? I don't buy the redshirt year.. spending a 3rd round pick on a WR you plan to redshirt? uhh LOL, no.

It may very well end up with him not being active most of the year, but, that will be due to hankerson developing slow and not because of any redshirt plans. I really like the kid, a lot. I haven't seen him on Twitter in a while so I hope he's putting in extra work trying to get better.

Archived