Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Pack & Aaron Rodgers

JdoubleU

Don't get me wrong, I bleed B&G, but watching the Pack today (1st half), I think Rodgers is the best QB in football right now. I never would have said such a thing 3 yrs ago, but they seem to move the ball at will. It's like watching Madden when he gets rolling.

I believe him and Brady are the best Qbs in the game right now. Not sure who I would give the edge to since Brady has been playing insane but after the Bills game I would give the nod to Rodgers. He had 6 total tds today. The Packers offense looks unstoppable. I could see them repeating this year.

Rodgers is one of the best, but he has far and away the best receiving corps in the NFL. The Pack's offense frankly reminds me a lot of the Gator offense in Spurrier's glory days with rex, wuerrfel, Matthews etc. The Pack has FIVE receivers that they drafted on their offense, including rookie Cobb. The Skins only had one in Moss at the end of last year I believe. As Phil Simms said, the system takes away the thinking on many plays for the QB. Just be accurate and throw hard down the field. Just like Rex did it at UF with three great receivers. The system works if you're committed to it and have a solid OL.

I hate the Packers right now.

I mean, you have a HOFer who never misses a game for like 15 years, and then after he leaves you get an even better quarterback? Seriously? Meanwhile the Redskins cycle through countless bottom-feeding scrub QBs in the same time period. **** you Green Bay.

I will go to my grave thinking that Gibbs moved up in that draft to take Rodgers, then got scooped by GB after the trade.

Not a chance. Rodgers was never expected to last that long in the draft, and Gibbs traded all those picks way in advance of the draft. He wanted Campbell from the get-go. If he'd truly wanted Rodgers he would've snatched him @10.

Not a chance. Rodgers was never expected to last that long in the draft, and Gibbs traded all those picks way in advance of the draft. He wanted Campbell from the get-go. If he'd truly wanted Rodgers he would've snatched him @10.

That trade happened on draft day Riggo

Rodgers is the man right now. He is a great quarterback, playing in a great system, with great WR's. When you factor all of that together, along with their insane depth on both sides of the ball, that's just impossible to deal with. I'd have to look at their schedule, but right now, with the inconsistencies/shaky defenses of a lot of teams in the NFL, I don't think that it would be a stretch at all to imagine them getting to 10/12-0 this season.

Yeah, we remember from when we beat y'all last season. :pfft:

it was a charity loss. You guys just looked so sad over there, so we figured we'd give you something to hang your hat on. We figured since we were gonna win the Super Bowl, we could afford to drop our regular-season record by a game to help out the less fortunate.

:)

Aaron Rodgers is yet another example of the RIGHT attitude a QB should have. He worked in the offseason a couple years ago to add certain throws to his repertoire, such as the skinny post, and WORKING ON HIS FOOTWORK, even though he already had 4000 yard seasons. A far cry from that loser on the Vikings, who thinks he's the black Manning and doesn't need to tweak his game. **** McNabb and **** you who STILL support him.

it was a charity loss. You guys just looked so sad over there, so we figured we'd give you something to hang your hat on. We figured since we were gonna win the Super Bowl, we could afford to drop our regular-season record by a game to help out the less fortunate.

:)

And we thank you for that. However, you could've just given us Aaron Rodgers and taken the W. :)

I hate the Packers right now.

I mean, you have a HOFer who never misses a game for like 15 years, and then after he leaves you get an even better quarterback? Seriously? Meanwhile the Redskins cycle through countless bottom-feeding scrub QBs in the same time period. **** you Green Bay.

You could say that about the Cowboys (Staubach, Aikman, Romo sits to pee) the Giants (Simms, Eli) the Bengals (Esiason, Palmer) the Niners (Montana, Young) or alot of other teams. It just shows how inept our FO has been when we draft Shuler, Ramsey and Campbell in the first rounds and get nothing. It literally makes you want to cry.

What I like about the Packers is that they are a big F U to Snyder - a former beloved Redskin (Mark Murphy) schooling him on how championship teams are really put together.

---------- Post added October-3rd-2011 at 03:51 PM ----------

I was completely wrong on that . I remembered it happening on the day. Yikes.

No worries - believe me....we'd all like to forget how it really happened.

Archived