Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NOT the Same Old Skins...they have a future

Crazy Levi

So, over at the gameday thread we had 180 pages of "Oh noes!!! We are going to lose this!! And I'll laugh my ass off! We are TRYING TO LOSE THIS!!! We suck and even though we are up 17-0 on the road in the 4th quarter WE ARE GONNA LOSE!!!"

yet we won. Cause like I said 3 hours ago in that very thread, the Rams suck and the Skins D is the real deal.

3-1 and first place in a rebuilding year. That's great. Skins fans need to sack up and stop insisting we are going to lose every other post. NOT the "same old Skins."

Just the "same old Skins fans."

It's obvious we STILL need to fix this Offense, which has been broken for over a decade. But It'll happen. Maybe not this year, but soon. Then look out. For the first time in ages this team has a future.

So, over at the gameday thread we had 180 pages of "Oh noes!!! We are going to lose this!! And I'll laugh my ass off! We are TRYING TO LOSE THIS!!! We suck and even though we are up 17-0 on the road in the 4th quarter WE ARE GONNA LOSE!!!"

yet we won. Cause like I said 3 hours ago in that very thread, the Rams suck and the Skins D is the real deal.

3-1 and first place in a rebuilding year. That's great. Skins fans need to sack up and stop insisting we are going to lose every other post. NOT the "same old Skins."

Just the "same old Skins fans."

It's obvious we STILL need to fix this Offense, which has been broken for over a decade. But It'll happen. Maybe not this year, but soon. Then look out. For the first time in ages this team has a future.

BEST post I've seen on this board in a long while.

You are absolutely correct.

Last year had a TON of issues. This year I feel like our only issue is QB. Rex just flat out gets way too nervous towards the end of the game. The Defense is in another universe compared to last year. I'm really enjoying the differences that have been made to this team. If we keep this kind of drafting up throughout 2 or 3 more years, we are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

I thought we played great today. The 4th quarter got real crazy, but it seemed like thats the theme for this week in the NFL. We've never been a high scoring offense, so I don't know why people are sweatin about that. We're coming along very nicely.

Rams could have a top 7 pick. They'd make nice trade partners during the draft. ;)

But squeezing out this crapfest of offensive production isn't going to get it done as the season goes on.

That's really not the point. As the season goes on we'll savor every Skins win and be happily shocked if we have a winning season or make the playoffs.

This season was NEVER about "this season," it's about next season and the one after that. The "same old Skins" were always about eking out a playoff season with an aging, overpaid team and falling flat on our faces year after year.

Big picture please. "same old skins" is not about the final score, it's about what we are seeing built on this field. I'm finally buying that REAL change is happening.

It was largely the same old Skins. Fortunately we were facing an awful opponent. An average team probably beats us today.

Yeah... ok.

Look at what the "good" teams did today, (Girls and Iggs) then come back here with that nonsense. I'm surprised I haven't seen anything posted about how the skins didn't "deserve" to win this one.. that's a favorite around this place.

A win is a win, is a win is a win.

End of story.

I completely agree. What a great post.

And with us being in full-blown "rebuilding mode," to be in first place and being a 3rd & 21 bonehead call away from being 4-0, the you can DEFINITELY tell this team isn't the "Same ol' Skins."

I am so excited for the future. But hell, with the way we're playing right now, I'm excited for this season as well!

I'm not sure what constitutes 'the same old 'Skins.'

This game should of been a blow out. We dominated in most every facet. But on the other hand, Bradford had 3 clear TD's dropped by his receivers. So as bad as what the Rams are, they could still of well won a game they were never in. Same with Arizona. Totally dominating, yet we could easily of lost the game. So from that stand point, it's the same picture we've seen time and again that WILL be punished by good teams.

I couldn't agree more with the progress in certain areas, and the team as a whole. And I've argued until I'm blue in the face the same as your OP that this season, results wise, doesn't matter a jot. It's all about progression and building for years 3, 4 and 5.

So I'm half with you and half not on the thread title. We won this one. But dominate against Philly, and don't capitalize on that advantage, and we probably won't get away with it next time out.

Hail.

I'm not sure what constitutes 'the same old 'Skins.'

This game should of been a blow out. We dominated in most every facet. But on the other hand, Bradford had 3 clear TD's dropped by his receivers. So as bad as what the Rams are, they could still of well won a game they were never in. Same with Arizona. Totally dominating, yet we could easily of lost the game. So from that stand point, it's the same picture we've seen time and again that WILL be punished by good teams.

I couldn't agree more with the progress in certain areas, and the team as a whole. And I've argued until I'm blue in the face the same as your OP that this season, results wise, doesn't matter a jot. It's all about progression and building for years 3, 4 and 5.

So I'm half with you and half not on the thread title. We won this one. But dominate against Philly, and don't capitalize on that advantage, and we probably won't get away with it next time out.

Hail.

Now this is the post on this thread that is the most accurate.

Nice post, i completely agree.

I think there's a deeper meaning behind it too. People need to see the big picture in the game. My dad is one of those fans that has been die hard since birth, and when we throw an interception it's all screaming "We suck!" "We're just terrible!" "Cut f***ing Grossman!" while most of the time i sit quietly and maybe shake my head or something. It's not that im not into the game, im louder than him most of the time, but i dont react on an impulse. I raced motocross for 14 years of my life and i was always taught 2 major things to base my mind on while on the track. 1) Don't look back, the race is in front of you. and 2) Keep your eyes in front, but be 3 steps ahead of the next guy. Play it like chess, don't set up for the turn directly in front of you. If you do that, you'll probably do something risky and go down or make a mistake that will come back to bite you on the next turn. In essence you are making it up as you go. Let him have it if he's coming, but set up for the next turn to counter and the next to shut him down. That can be applied to several sports and parts of life. This for example, yeah we might have just thrown an INT, but next play maybe we get a fumble and it comes right back. No need to sweat that. The game is not over until it's over, and you make yourself look like a fool posting how bad we suck, then cheering about how good we are 10 minutes later. We won by 7, if you were a Rams fan, that 7 points looks like a lot more.

Now, my opinion on the team. Everyone looks good, we need a new QB, and personally i dont like Hightower. I never was sold on him. I've been sold on Helu. However Torain deserves the start next week. He played his ass off. Hightower looks hesitant and slow like a backup, not a starter. He just doesnt seem to find the holes like Helu and Torain.

Good teams find a way to win, bad teams find a way to blow it. So the Rams are not a good team. This isn't college football, any team can beat any team on any given Sunday. The Redskins didn't look like great out there (at least in the 4th), but at the end of the day a 17-10 win over the Rams counts the same as a 28-7 win over the Pats. This is the same team that experts predicted to win two games this season, a mark they've surpassed by the end of week 4. They're going into the bye, and have two weeks to prepare for the dream team. So I'd say worry about the negatives and work on fixing them, but don't let that cloud the importance of a win.

I thought we played great today. The 4th quarter got real crazy, but it seemed like thats the theme for this week in the NFL. We've never been a high scoring offense, so I don't know why people are sweatin about that. We're coming along very nicely.

Rams could have a top 7 pick. They'd make nice trade partners during the draft. ;)

Wouldn't that be a hoot. Maybe Shanallen already have a deal in place for the Rams pick....or Bradford. :pfft:

And the more we hobble over the line to wins despite, instead of because of Grossman, the prospect of anything over .500 scare the living piss out of me SHF in respect of what we'll miss out on next April.

Hail.

Same here. Although I gotta try and enjoy this season as opposed to worry about April.

I was at my parents house today before the game. My uncle asks me "do you think the Redskins win"

I tell him "no, it just seems like one of those games they'd lose"

His response "You are too obsessed with that QB. This team is better then you think"

:ols:

The future will become bright once we have our QB.

Until then this team will toil in the purgatory of 6-10 to 10-6

+1. We need a QB that will bring consistency. The playoffs require many wins in a row.

I think Rex is a WONDERFUL 2nd string QB. He can at least move the chains and run the offense but this team needs someone in the QB role that is solid.

Archived