Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Personal Foul thread (referencing punt return hits, met)

Burgold

I was on the road for the first one, but the second hit on the punt return looked pretty darn perfect. The guy caught the ball and one stride later he was hit. I don't think you can call that a spear. Maybe Paul ducked his head a little, but it certainly wasn't to use his helmet as a weapon.

Am I wrong on this? Is it just the new NFL? Was the first penalty equally iffy?

That non turnover becomes a penalty bothers me. It looks like a perfect special teams play from my tv vantage. :tantrum:

Outrageous. Unbelievably mind bogglingly ridiculous misinterpretation of the rules.

I hope we do it again.

And again.

And again

until that clown learns to make a fair catch or has to be carted off to the cemetery.

~Bang

I was on the road for the first one, but the second hit on the punt return looked pretty darn perfect. The guy caught the ball and one stride later he was hit. I don't think you can call that a spear. Maybe Paul ducked his head a little, but it certainly wasn't to use his helmet as a weapon.

Am I wrong on this? Is it just the new NFL? Was the first penalty equally iffy?

That non turnover becomes a penalty bothers me. It looks like a perfect special teams play from my tv vantage. :tantrum:

by definition... those were helmet to helmet penalties... but I dont think as a coach or a fan.. you cant hold those personal penalties against Riley or Paul... you will just have to live with those penalities especially if the other team is refusing to call a fair catch.

Outrageous. Unbelievably mind bogglingly ridiculous misinterpretation of the rules.

I hope we do it again.

And again.

And again

until that clown learns to make a fair catch or has to be carted off to the cemetery.

~Bang

We should just put Dirty in one time on Teams. :evil:

I hope we do it again.

And again.

And again

~Bang

exactly... we will have a penalty here and there but it will pay off as a turnover soon or later... our punt coverage team is doing great!

I hope we do it again.

And again.

And again

~Bang

Damn Bang I might but this in my sig.

If the returners don't want to be hit they can go play two-hand touch in someone's backyard.....or call a fair catch. I hope to god the coaches give Riley and Paul bonuses for playing football the way it was meant to be played.

No sympathy whatsoever for this ***** protection **** the NFL is trying to pull. Call a fair catch or risk getting smashed into the turf like a bug.

That Hall PF was bull too. The whistle hadn't been blown. Hall couldn't have known the receiver was out of bounds! What's he supposed to do?

---------- Post added October-2nd-2011 at 03:51 PM ----------

Four bs pfs at least in this game. The one on Rob Jackson was not a Personal foul either. I hate getting reffed!

I posted a comment a few days ago to warn you guys that Walt Coleman's crew throws a LOT of flags on special teams. When the staff knows that, they tell their players. Danny Smith didn't.

That being said, the penalty on D. Hall was bogus, and the one on Jackson was b.s. too. "Finish the play" is the mantra, and he had no way of knowing that Bradford had released the ball. But that's Walt Coleman for you.

I hope we do it again.

And again.

And again

~Bang

I agree, when a defense is in full mode to hit, and can pull off when fair catch is signaled - no problem; HOWEVER, when there is no fair catch given........open game.....and they did NOT hit helmet to helmet.

thats funny im reading this thread while watching the giants game and hakeem nicks ran out of bounds came back in as the whistle was blowing and was picked up and slammed to the ground with no penalty.

thats what pisses me off so much is the inconsistency from crew to crew.

---------- Post added October-2nd-2011 at 05:04 PM ----------

I posted a comment a few days ago to warn you guys that Walt Coleman's crew throws a LOT of flags on special teams. When the staff knows that, they tell their players. Danny Smith didn't.

That being said, the penalty on D. Hall was bogus, and the one on Jackson was b.s. too. "Finish the play" is the mantra, and he had no way of knowing that Bradford had released the ball. But that's Walt Coleman for you.

he shouldnt have to make his game plan based on who is officiating.

if teams have to start doing that then the nfl has to take a long look at getting all of there crews on the same page

That Hall PF was bull too. The whistle hadn't been blown. Hall couldn't have known the receiver was out of bounds! What's he supposed to do?

---------- Post added October-2nd-2011 at 03:51 PM ----------

Four bs pfs at least in this game. The one on Rob Jackson was not a Personal foul either. I hate getting reffed!

Agreed. Hall was halfway into that tackle when the whistle was blown and the Rob Jackson call was BS too...by my calculations that's at least 4 nancy penalties that the Rams got because their players apparently don't like to be tackled.

I hope we do it again.

And again.

And again

~Bang

You know the calls have got to be really outrageously over the top bad if it gets Bang to defend Danny Smith (even indirectly)

Archived