Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

T-Minus 41 Hours Until I Take The LSAT. All Last-Minute Tips Are Welcome.

Hubbs

(Why am I posting on ES when I take the LSAT in a day and a half? Because I've actually found that taking a few ten-minute breaks while I'm spending all day studying actually helps me focus. I guess my brain can only take so many logic games before it starts to turn into mush.)

Anyway, with the LSAT mere hours away, I thought it couldn't hurt to ask around for any last-minute tips from all of you fine folks, especially those who have already taken the LSAT. I'm not really talking about the "make sure to get a good night's sleep beforehand" sort of advice, more like the "this is a little thing that really worked for me" sort. This being the Tailgate, however, I also expect to get suggestions like, "Put your feet up on the air conditioner and let it blow on your junk." :ols:

So... have at it.

Your test is Sat morning, I guess? Take some time on Friday night to relax. Stop studying, stop taking practice tests, and give your brain a break. Get a good night's sleep, wake up and eat a good b-fast, and go kick the **** out of the test.

I was sick when I took the GRE and it ****ing sucked. Was tired, sneezy, and snotting all over the place. Don't be that guy.

(Why am I posting on ES when I take the LSAT in a day and a half? Because I've actually found that taking a few ten-minute breaks while I'm spending all day studying actually helps me focus. I guess my brain can only take so many logic games before it starts to turn into mush.)

Anyway, with the LSAT mere hours away, I thought it couldn't hurt to ask around for any last-minute tips from all of you fine folks, especially those who have already taken the LSAT. I'm not really talking about the "make sure to get a good night's sleep beforehand" sort of advice, more like the "this is a little thing that really worked for me" sort. This being the Tailgate, however, I also expect to get suggestions like, "Put your feet up on the air conditioner and let it blow on your junk." :ols:

So... have at it.

use less caffeine than you have used to practice, otherwise you risk having to piss too much

anxiety of test day + caffeine is no bueno

and obviously piss at the last possible second

Stop studying now. I believe any studying 48 hrs. prior to an MCAT, LSAT, GRE, etc. is considering cramming :)

Get good sleep the night before, and eat breakfast the day of your big test. Relax, you'll be fine. You are an intelligent and observant person (judging from your posts) and you will do fine if you rely on your foundation of knowledge and logical reasoning.

Wishing you only the best as you take this test and pursue whatever it is you want in life. I have no doubt you're intelligent enough to do well in anything you truly want. :)

Great moments are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here this weekend, Hubbs.

That's what you've earned here.

One test.

If you take it ten times, you might fail nine times.

But not this test. Not tonight.

On Saturday, we work with 'em. Come Saturday, we stay with 'em, and we beat them down because we can!

Tonight, we are the greatest law students in the world.

You were born to be law students -- every one of ya. And you were meant to be here.

This is your time.

Their time -- is done. It's over.

I'm sick and tired of hearin' about what a difficult test the law school students have to go through. Screw 'em!

This is your time!

Now go out there and take it!

Try to sit as far away from people as possible. Find a corner or soemthing because something strange will happen. You can't let it impact your focus.

When i was getting sat for my LSAT, one of the guys near me flipped out and started screaming at, and then pushed, the 75 year old procter.

Then finish up and go get very, very drunk.

The best advice that I got and followed when I took the GMAT is don't study much the night before, get a least 8 to 9 hours of sleep, and eat a reasonable breakfast. The sleep and the food do wonders for helping your brain process information. Don't eat a huge breakfast, because you don't want to be sluggish.

Try to sit as far away from people as possible. Find a corner or soemthing because something strange will happen. You can't let it impact your focus.

When i was getting sat for my LSAT, one of the guys near me flipped out and started screaming at, and then pushed, the 75 year old procter.

Then finish up and go get very, very drunk.

Maybe the better advice is don't flip out on and push the 75 year old proctor...

Is the LSAT a computer or paper-based test?

Maybe the better advice is don't flip out on and push the 75 year old proctor...

Is the LSAT a computer or paper-based test?

Paper-based. Here are my tips:

1) If you're sick, DON'T take the test.

2) Don't worry about this score. Schools now must only report the highest test score of any of their students to the ABA. Five years ago, you'd have had your scores averaged when applying to law school. Almost all of them will now only consider your highest score in the admissions process.

3) Absolutely, positively, pace yourself during the two scored logical reasoning sections. There's always a question or two in the middle of each section that stump most test-takers. Make sure to bring a silent timer and watch the clock to make sure you don't get caught up on them.

Archived