Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins-Rams Predictions for Week 4

braindx

So I've been keeping track of how we are doing (as a whole) prediction wise in the previous threads.

Game 1: 66 predictions, 52 Skins win, 14 Giants win

Predicted scores:

Redskins 22.3 +/- 5.8 (95% confidence interval is 10.7 to 33.9 points)

Giants 17.2 +/- 5.6 (95% confidence interval is 6 to 28.4 points)

Actual Score = 28 – 14

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?353394-What-is-your-prediction-for-the-results-of-Sunday-s-Game

Game 2: 77 predictions, 71 Skins win, 6 Cardinals win

Predicted scores:

Redskins 29.3 +/- 6.1 (95% confidence interval is 17.1 to 41.5 points)

Cardinals 17.2 +/- 5.3 (95% confidence interval is 6.6 to 27.8 points)

Actual Score = 22 – 21

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?354079-Cardinals-Skins-Predictions-for-Week-2

Game 3: 99 Total, 74 Redskins win, 15 Cowboys win

Predicted scores:

Redskins: 25.2 +/- 6.2 (95% confidence interval is 12.8 to 37.6 points)

Cowboys: 17.9 +/- 5.1 (95% confidence interval is 7.7 to 28.1 points)

Actual Score = 16 – 18

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?354748-Redskins-Cowboys-Predictions-for-Week-3

General concensus is that we are in general good at predicting our opponents scores.

For example, (and oddly enough they are all 17 point predictions for opponents)

17.2 +/- 5.6 when actual is 14

17.2 +/- 5.3 when actual is 21

17.9 +/- 5.1 when actual is 18

However, we tend to grossly overestimate our own offensive capabilities so far. If you take away the defensive TD in first game we have

22.3 +/- 5.8 when actual is (21)+7 for Defensive TD

29.3 +/- 6.1 when actual is 22

25.2 +/- 6.2 when actual is 16

--------------------------

So basically our O still has massive troubles it seems scoring significantly more than 3 TDs per game. As such I will believe it when I see it. Can't really see us putting up more than 30+ until we actually do.

This next game is a statement game for us. Can we put away a decent team that hasn't had things fall their way? How good are we really? If we are still mediocre we have a good chance to lose this one. I am hoping this is not the case and we are for real.

24-14 us.

I think the Rams defense learned what to do from the MNF game with Dallas. Take away the run. Cover the middle and flats. Make Rex Grossman beat you.

Prediction: Rams win 23-13.

Except the Rams don't have 1/10th of the talent the Cowboys have on D.

I'll go Redskins 20-10. It'll be closer than it should be because our offense is still a WIP. I think our D takes a big step up this week.

Lambs have the worse D against the run in the NFL right now. if Kyle doesn't run the ball at least 30 times i am going to blow a gasket. With the running game comes play action passing which should help Rex get his confidence back/up whatever you want to call it. last week I said unless we make stupid mistakes we have it. Well we did make stupid mistakes AND the pukes had their lucky rabbit somewhere on the field. 6 Cowgirl balls on the ground we only come up with one of them.

This game we should be hungry and mad as hell for letting a winnable game slip.

Redskins 31 - 10.

Redskins- 27

Rams-17

---------- Post added September-29th-2011 at 11:58 AM ----------

Oh c'mon people. We lose one tough division game on the road and all of sudden we suck? Please. 'Skins by 10

They call it ExtremeSkins for a reason... As BANG would say, "home of the Dumbest fanbase in the league"

Archived