Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cone or Klan? Costume freezes business at ice cream shop

frostyj

LINK

ice-cream-mascot-mistaken-for-kkk-member1__oPt.jpg

The family that runs an Ocala ice cream shop said it never meant to offend anyone.The Ice Cream Family Corner and Sandwiches restaurant opened just three months ago at the busy intersection of South Pine Avenue and Southwest 17th Street.

A worker came across an old ice cream costume in a back closet of the building, and decided to have one of the employees wear the costume and stand on the street corner to advertise the business.

Server Jasmine Gonzalez said they noticed business had dropped off severely two weeks later.

Gonzalez said they soon learned rumors were flying around town, specifically on Facebook, that the ice cream cone costume resembled that of a Klu Klux Klan member.

The family that runs the ice cream shop is from Puerto Rico, and said it didn't even know what the Klu Klux Klan was until the controversy erupted.

The workers are no longer using the costume, and they said they want the community to know it was never intended to represent anything but an ice cream cone.

The controversy attracted plenty of media attention. During the lunch hour Tuesday, there were more reporters and cameras in the shop than there were customers.

:doh:

I truely believe that we are in a regression mode at times.

what the hell is wrong with people these days. people are just looking for reasons to be offended. its pathetic.

ok so from behind it looks like a kkk hood but its painfully obvious upon closer look that its not and wasnt for even a milisecond intended to be.

and the worst part of this whole story is the part where it says there were more media than customers in the store, its obvious there just looking to make a huge story out of nothing, they could care less what effect it has on the public.

what the hell is wrong with people these days. people are just looking for reasons to be offended. its pathetic.

ok so from behind it looks like a kkk hood but its painfully obvious upon closer look that its not and wasnt for even a milisecond intended to be.

That's even streching it. Unless the klan has changed to waffle pants since the last meeting I attended! :silly:

its those things you sprinkle on a tonic when your eating a hero.

Along with a nice can of pop.

---------- Post added September-28th-2011 at 09:11 AM ----------

And somewhere someone with a REAL racial concern is being marginalized by another wolf cry.

This isn't a "wolf cry." As far as I know, there is no organized movement out there to punish these people. I don't see Al Sharpton anywhere.

It was just a rumor that got out of control.

Along with a nice can of pop.

---------- Post added September-28th-2011 at 09:11 AM ----------

not to derail this thread (although this one probably should be cause it could get ugly) but i remember that thread about different names for things around the country, its weird how so many things have different names depending on where you live.

1. Frosty posted a story about ice cream.

2. Since when do KKK members wear jimmies on their hoods? Or cone bottoms?

I honestly don't see it...guess they shoulda made the ice cream chocolate flavored...

Those were my two thoughts as well. I looked to see if China posted it and saw Frosty. :ols:

And they're called Jimmies.

This isn't a "wolf cry." As far as I know, there is no organized movement out there to punish these people. I don't see Al Sharpton anywhere.

And it's the result of people who make overzealous accusations, that have everyone desperately looking for a reason to be offended. (Read: Not the right.)

It gives me an idea though. The GOP should put guys in these costumes near polling stations in minority districts next time around. :D

*edit* And where I live, a "jimmie" is something that most guys wouldn't put in their mouth. :ols:

I get what H_H is saying though, this is nonsense and anyone with half a brain knows it....the guy in the video being interview in the car obviously has less than half a brain....and for every one of these stupid false racism accusations, real racism is being ignored.

---------- Post added September-28th-2011 at 12:17 PM ----------

No, the are jimmies. What kind of heathen are you?

Seriously, I'd be embarassed to call them jimmies....LoL, for the same reason I order Horseradish sauce from Arby's. I don't want "Horsey Sauce", that's just gross!

not to derail this thread (although this one probably should be cause it could get ugly) but i remember that thread about different names for things around the country, its weird how so many things have different names depending on where you live.

soda v. pop is more of how each region shortened "soda-pop"

And it's the result of people who make overzealous accusations, that have everyone desperately looking for a reason to be offended. (Read: Not the right.)

It gives me an idea though. The GOP should put guys in these costumes near polling stations in minority districts next time around. :D

*edit* And where I live, a "jimmie" is something that most guys wouldn't put in their mouth. :ols:

haha, is that your response to the infamous Black Panther incident?

Archived