Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Timing Of the Rams Game Is Just Awful For Redskins

kleese

And look at their schedule after us:

at Green Bay

at Dallas

New Orleans

If they lose to us, 0-7 is highly likely. And chances are that an NFL team won't lose seven games in a row.

So then what you're saying is its going to be really, really, awful timing for the Packers to face the 0-4 Rams at home? Super Trap game?

;)

My frustration about not being to score points wasn't really meaning we should expect it this week against the Rams, but I just meant overall as a franchise, it seems like the 'Skins have not just had one of those games where they just GO OFF on someone.

Even the worst teams in the league seem to have those random weeks where everything clicks and they seem to be able to score at will.

For a good decade now it seems we have been a team that relies on the defense to keep the opponent's scoring in the high teens/low 20's.......I don't care who we score 35+ against, whether it is the Rams, Eagles, 49ers, Patriots...I don't care, I just want to see the team do it one time.

The last time I remember being able to sit back and relax at a game was 2005, 35-14 over Cowboys, and that same year 52-17 over the 49ers. It has been awhile.......I am just yearning and hungry to see a 35+ spot get thrown up

We have had a history of getting teams in really bad spots. It was nice to see the first two games this year reverse the trend in the opposite direction. I agree this plays huge.

The rams will come out firing, the questions is, can we fire back? Are we gonna have an offensive hangover from the second half of the dallas game?

I hope not, but if we have a similar offensive performance as the last few games, specifically in the red zone. I will say that the offense this year is still not ready to step out of mediocrity.

You are right. We haven't been good enough to blow anybody out. I could see us beating them by 10 points or more, but in reality a good win for us would be 27-14. But if we win the game 35-10, expectations will be raised around here, people will be talking SB and the moment we lose another game, the same doom and gloomers will be out.

You're right about if we win 35-10 expectations will raise and talks of a deep playoff run will arise. It's actually ashame because it shows that this fanbase is not use to winning. I'd be lying if playoffs didn't cross my mind after a convincing win like that, because I'm not use to how a winning franchise handles business. I fully expect this to be a hard fought game for a win against the Rams. It's just the way it is and I've learned to accept it until proven otherwise.

This is perfect timing for the Skins to play the Rams.

If you are the Rams.

For the Rams this is how it was when Arizona or Detroit used to show up on our schedule.

Just like other times in the past 5 years the rams were 0 and something and we showed up. They win.

I still expect the Redskins to win the game but if they don't this is what I'll be thinking about, lol. I figured that the "playing to win" philosophy would get us past Dallas as well but it turned out that my suspicions about Grossman being just incapable of keeping up with the big boys is basically true when the game is on the line many times.

You know I normally don't piss and rant but dammit!!! Some of you need to turn in your damn fan cards!! I swear coming on this board and reading some of the responses is just down right depressing. Please pull out your shoe strings and hide all sharp objects, when I read "I've already chalked this one up as a loss" "we're catching them at a bad time" "they have our number I expect 2-2 going into the bye" REALLY!!!! I mean damn you guys need to take out the tampons and root for the team you love. All this bad karma is probably oozing its way over into Redskins park, if you love your team then at least try to be a little more positive. When we win Sunday everyone is going to be excited and back to discussing playoffs, next game, etc..

I do believe this game will be significant to see if we're really moving in the right direction and I also believe the Rams have caught the Redskins at a bad time! we are pissed that we lost a game we should have won, I predict our boys will win this one in convincing fashion and if I'm wrong I'll come back and eat crow but I believe and so should some of you!!!

I understand completely, very good thoughts OP. You hear it all the time in sports, even from players. "we play better with our backs against the wall" at 0-3 the Rams have their backs against the wall, considering this is expected to be an improvement year for them, after coming six minutes away from winning their division last year.

Rams are a pile of crap with a terrible defense. If the skins can't win then you have to start wondering if the skins can win 6 games this season.

I love your optimism but they have a good young QB and Steven Jackson is a beast

I like our defense, we just need our offense to carry their load and put points on the board!

Not saying I think it should happen, but if we lose to the Rams and Grossman turns the ball over a few times... How long is Grossman's leash? (I don't think it's going to matter much. I think you'd get similar production out of Beck, via different means. Actually, I'd guess he'd be worse stat wise, and better turnover wise, so not much gained or lost there) I'm just thinking outloud.

Shanahan has been notoriously abrupt in making QB changes in the past. It wouldn't be unusual for him to make a change mid-game against the Rams if Grossman is really looking sorry. There's no way we look to Beck as a long-term starter (with strict regards to this season) until the coaches have decided that we can't make the playoffs with Rex at QB. We're a couple losses away from that, I think.

I love your optimism but they have a good young QB and Steven Jackson is a beast

I like our defense, we just need our offense to carry their load and put points on the board!

A young QB who has struggled to complete passes to his patchwork receiving corps this season and an ailing Steven Jackson.

Sorry, but for me..... I still think this is a different redskins team, I believe the locker room has significantly changed, and there is something speacial in our team this year. The rams are not good, and yes our team before would usually loose this game...... I dont think we will win this game, I expect to win this game!! HTTR

I have already chalked this game up as a loss
I think the Rams are going to win this one. They have had our number for the past 4 years, plus we are coming off a short work week.

21-17 Rams :(

Hmm I was going to reply to these posts and the op - but I am English we are not good at other languages and I am not really sure what language these are written in but it seems like whining little girl ... Cmon we lost to the cowboys - who the f are the cowboys...anyways?? - man up - Sheeze y'all

On a more serious note -

There are a couple of things that do worry me about this game, Steve Jakson (I used to love his role playing games, and those books he used to do with Ian Livingstone ) and the fact that they are a 4-3 front and we don't play the 4-3 as well as the 3-4 and I think they are going to get after Rex a little but the key to this game is getting Hightower and Helu rolling early and get back to the ball control offense ... that takes out Jackson and the pass rush ...

It really is. This game has nightmare written all over it.

:helmet:

So who do you wish we were playing? The Vikings? The Dolphins? Which team would you rather the Skins were playing this weekend on the road besides the awful Rams?

Seems ESers are afraid of EVERYONE. Hope the Skins display more sack than we do.

So who do you wish we were playing? The Vikings? The Dolphins? Which team would you rather the Skins were playing this weekend on the road besides the awful Rams?

Seems ESers are afraid of EVERYONE. Hope the Skins display more sack than we do.

I agree. I just don't get it. Our defense is beastly and the Rams have given up the most yards against runs. Now if Kyle can realize this and keep us on the ground more, I think HT and Helu can get us in the endzone and we won't have to pray to the Dragon gods.

This SHOULD be a very easy win IMO. We've got everything they lack.

It's not about being afraid of everyone, it's respecting your opponents. The Rams are 0-3, desperate, and embarrassed. They got crushed in two out of the three games, so you know they're going to be anxious to play against us.

It's not about being afraid of everyone, it's respecting your opponents. The Rams are 0-3, desperate, and embarrassed. They got crushed in two out of the three games, so you know they're going to be anxious to play against us.

But what everyone is saying is that they lost due to ability. If I try to out throw Tom Brady, I'll lose every match out of 3. That doesn't mean I'll win the 4th because I'm pissed about losing the last 3. Thats their argument.

I agree that it is bad timing, but I sort of like it. I am pretty excited for this game. Honestly, I see this as another test, just like the Cardinals game. The Giants and Cowboys games are great and all, but they actually don't tell me much. These are the sort of games that have haunted Redskins fans for a decade. This is what I want to see improvement in.

Which is something I don't understand. Nightmare would be if we were about to face New England or the Jets. Those teams are coming off losses and good teams DO NOT lose to inferior teams. On the heals of a loss, they probably would looking to cut our balls off and after getting crushed (remember the Pats crushed us in 2007), we still would not have good information about our team . Next teams that would be bad right now are Philly (wouldn't want to go down again in the division), the g-men (looking for revenge and an early chance to destroy our season) or Buffalo (want to keep it going) and only limited info would accrue if they kicked our ass. The Rams, Vikings or Dolphins would be the BEST teams we could face right now because win or lose, those games would tell us who we really are. Rams are perfect because not only will we get that information, we have the opportunity to put pressure on the g-men, the boys and the Iggs.

Archived