Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Amazon Fire (New Amazon Tablet)

MattFancy

I have a Fire and all I do is read books on it.

The amazon app store really sucks. I recently installed the Android market, but the apps on it aren't all that useful either.

Maybe I'm just using it wrong. What do you guys have installed on your Fire?

You should install FrostWire on your KF and phone. Then you can transfer the apps from your phone to your KF without rooting. I have Words/Hanging/Scramble with Friends, Plants vs Zombies, Angry Birds, Watch ESPN, Netflix, Watch ESPN, HBOGo, ESPN ScoreCenter, and Pandora.

The only thing you can't transfer over are Google apps like Gmail, Google Reader, etc. You have to have the Google Service on there to use those and you have to be rooted for those to work.

The only apps that are really useful on a tablet IMO, specially one as weak as the FIre, are browsing and email. I plan on using my tablet to watch recorded tv and movies in addition but those are functions of Android not apps. I purchased a few apps on my phone and proceeded to never use them so I don't see even bothering with the Android Market unless I have a specific need. What is missing or what do you want to do with it that you can't Vishal? Games?

Edit:^^ Those are some good examples netflix is very useful on a tablet and wasn't on the phone

Archived