Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the best reciever in the NFC East?

jinrey

eww, why would you do that? Landry is a great Safety and Dez is a head case.

great safety???

hahhahahaha...

He is a huuuge liability in coverage and is at times too aggresive in the secondary... He gets burnt alot, he reminds me of the old Roy Williams for the cowboys had a good real good years laying the pipe and getting tackles then after that couldnt cover anything and kept getting burnt. Dez Bryant has a bigger upside and ceiling than Calvin Johnson... Larry Fitzgerald is the best wide receiever in the game and other than him he's who i would want... Andre Johnson direct quote " I have never seen anyone explode off the line the way dez does, he is well on his way".

If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, he needs to eliminate those rookie-mental errors. He knows he can play, he just needs to prove it to everyone else.
Absurd.

I would say the answer is either Nicks or Jackson/Bryant.

I guess your sarcasm meter is on the frtiz. It's obvious right now the Skins don't have the best one in the division, but I think that is about to change with the amount of players the Skins have brought in under shanny and that may continue next year in the draft as well.

I dont understand how some of yall are saying dont factor in productivity. If djax never exploded on the scene and had the same stats as dez bryant than yall wouldnt be stating that hes the best. You secretly have added in his numerous 100 yd games and tds to separate him. U cant judge a skillset without knowing what he does...that skillset that he uses to get open, make the catch, yac, etc etc. So productivity is a huge factor in what would make them the best receiver. So my list would be: austin, tie between moss/djax, nicks,

You could really argue any of these 3 in any order and be right

1.) Miles Austin- has size, speed and fights for the ball like no other reciever

2.) DeSean Jackson- Is a bit one dimensional, but he does that one thing better than anyone in the league

3.) Hakeem Nicks- has the highest upside of everyone, except maybe Dez, but he has been so much more productive

There is a drop off after the top 3, then you have

4.) Jeremy Maclin- Really does several things very well.

5.) Dez Bryant- Great leaping ability, body control and is far too physical for most corners to handle

6.) Santana Moss- Still a deep threat, but is no longer someone you gameplan against

Then there's another drop off

7.) Mario Manningham- Solid #2 WR, kinda a poor man's Jeremy Maclin

8.) Jason Avant- Solid #3 reciever. Not suited for the slot, but Philly can move him outside and D-Jax/Maclin to the slot

9.) Jabar Gaffney- I would have loved if Dallas had traded for him to be a #3, but as a #2, he leaves a lot to be desired.

10.) Anthony Armstrong- Very good deep threat and a solid #3 on just about any team

I guess your sarcasm meter is on the frtiz. It's obvious right now the Skins don't have the best one in the division, but I think that is about to change with the amount of players the Skins have brought in under shanny and that may continue next year in the draft as well.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Are we at a mutual agreement or are we arguing? haha

I would trade LaRon Landry and Santana Moss and a 4th round pick for Dez

Vinnie you have to stop using the library computer for trade scenarios and fantasy football. Back to the childrens fictional section please.

---------- Post added September-28th-2011 at 01:21 PM ----------

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Are we at a mutual agreement or are we arguing? haha

No were at an agreement. I like the kids potential but he has to get on the field by being consistent in practice. The Redskins are one big wide out away from being competent in the redzone and he could be it. I have faith the future looks bright and next year the Redskins may even be in this conversation. As of now, no. Moss is the best we have and is not even fourth best in the division at this point.

No were at an agreement. I like the kids potential but he has to get on the field by being consistent in practice. The Redskins are one big wide out away from being competent in the redzone and he could be it. I have faith the future looks bright and next year the Redskins may even be in this conversation. As of now, no. Moss is the best we have and is not even fourth best in the division at this point.

I mean, I'm not saying he's great. He's shown some flashes, but also a lot of rookie mental mistakes. Maybe it's just my bias since I'm a big fan of his. But like you said; we need a big wideout. When was the last time we had one? Right now, Moss is essentially our speed and possession receiver. I'm craving for that Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald type guy. Not saying that he's as good as them, but I just feel like it's a key ingredient we're missing on offense.

I would take DeSean Jackson first right now. I believe in a year or two Bryant will be the best, though.

Desean makes highlight plays but is not a consistent week in week out performer. Dez has talent to make spectacular plays, but to me Austin is the guy. He is a great route runner, breaks tackles and is great after the catch, and can stretch a team vertically. Maclin is similar to him but Austin is more physical. Desean to me shouldn't even be in the discussion.

Archived