Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: As a Redskins fan, which is more important to you? A winning season, or beating Dallas twice?

Painkiller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

this isn't college ball.

maybe if you were a fan of a team like the ravens you would say **** the playoffs we're there every year, i just want to stomp the steelers out twice this year.

i bet buffalo fans last year would have said they would rather beat the pats twice instead of having a winning record, but they might get both this year.

As much as I despise a Cowturd and all their inbred fans I want it all. As in a winning season, in the playoffs at least to the second round. I'm fine with that. All my years as a Skins fan I could never accept a losing season but enjoy beating the turds twice. No. Again I want it all man.

Depends on what type of "winning season" you're talking about.

I'd rather go 7-9 and sweep Dallas...than go 9-7 and lose to Dallas twice.

But I'd rather go 11-5 and lose to Dallas twice because at east then our record should get us into the playoffs. A 9-7 record might end up being the equivalent of the "Most Improved" trophy they hand out at the end of the little league season :ols:

I'm not sure how any Redskins fan could justify saying that it's more important to sweep Dallas in comparison to the team obtaining a winning record/season. For example: If we were to win the Super Bowl and during that season got swept by the Cowboys would that really bother any of you? Personally that wouldn't even bother me for the most obvious reasons. How about we sweep Dallas and obtain a winning record/season at the same time <--That's what i'm always down for.

I want everyone to think about this:

Which would make you more irritated...going 7-9 but sweeping the Cowboys?

Or going 9-7 and missing out on the playoffs BECAUSE we couldn't beat the Cowboys? :ols:...Going 9-7 and missing out on the division title--and thus a home-field playoff game-- BECAUSE we were unable to beat the Cowboys even once?

Or going 9-7 and missing out on the playoffs BECAUSE we couldn't beat the Cowboys? :ols:...Going 9-7 and missing out on the division title--and thus a home-field playoff game-- BECAUSE we were unable to beat the Cowboys even once?

:ols: Damn these brain twisters. I think we could come up with endless scenarios that would push fans to contradict themselves a bit depending on the actual question.

If we finished 9-7 this year (playoffs or not) and lost to Dallas twice I would be ecstatic.

Redskins fans put far to much into this rivalry. I don't think Dallas fans even come close to seeing the Redskins in the same manner. They are our division rival, easily our most hated rival, but they are still just a team we play twice a year. We all need to start looking at the bigger picture.

:ols:

For me going 7-9 but sweeping the Cowboys would be a worse scenario....it would suck the other way around make no mistake, but I'd feel much more optimistic about the future if we narrowly miss the playoffs due to losing both games (and the other 5) to the Cowboys.

:ols: Damn these brain twisters. I think we could come up with endless scenarios that would push fans to contradict themselves a bit depending on the actual question.

It's the 15th week of the season...the Redskins are 7-6, and still in playoff contention...if they win, they are two more wins away from not only from a postseason birth but also from winning the division title. If they lose, they are eliminated from the playoff race.

Their opponent? The Dallas Cowboys lol...who they've already lost to earlier in the season.

The Skins end up losing the game--and are eliminated from playoff contention--in some infuriating manner like the 7-6 crapfest in 2009 or the Crayton TD catch with less than 30 seconds to go in 2004 lol :mad:...

Even if the Skins go on to win those last two games and finish 9-7, 99% of this board is gonna be fuming about how the Skins are the "same ol' Skins" and can't seize the opportunity, and that the two wins at the end of the season were "meaningless" and that we would have been better off losing them for a higher draft pick :ols:...

:ols:

For me going 7-9 but sweeping the Cowboys would be a worse scenario....it would suck the other way around make no mistake, but I'd feel much more optimistic about the future if we narrowly miss the playoffs due to losing both games (and the other 5) to the Cowboys.

See above lol :D...

Archived