Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stephen Spielberg's Terra Nova on Fox

DeaconTheVillain

Obviously I didn't see it because I was watching the skins, but I was curious as to how this show was?

Anyone have a wife/gf watch in a different room? Anyone watch it on the internet yet? I plan to watch it tonight, but was curious as to what the buzz is.

My hope is that it is somewhat like LOST. :)

I doubt any show will be as good as LOST was.:(

On the west coast I got to see the last hour of it after the game. Will give it another shot, but was not impressed. Too many teen-agers, cheap special effects, blah dialgoue/"acting." Will try to catch the first hour I missed and see if that helps. A lot of these sci-fi shows I have been hoping for have been duds lately.

watched it tonight. It was good enough to get a fair shot. A few things I'd tweak though.

#1. Lets not focus on the "kids" too much, please.

#2. But go ahead and focus on the 6ers. Lets see some conspiracy.

#3. Better replay that premier again. Showing it against MNF was epically dumb.

#4. I like Stephen Lang's "Military" type characters. He does it well. I'd rather it focus more on his world.

#5. It doesn't need to be like "Lost", but it would be cool to find out that Humans from yet another time-stream are there on the planet....and aren't happy to share.

Just by looking at the previes, I wasn't interested. Like others have said, it just seemed like another Avatar/Jurassic Park ripoff.

I swear I even saw what looked like the same dude who played the asshat Colonel in Avatar too. Not good. I also cannot stand excess CGI. That's why I loved the first Jurassic Park so much. A lot of the dinosaurs were animatronics, which made them appear more lifelike. All CGI is nowadays is a copout to me.

If I'm bored, I'll try and catch the first 10-15 minutes of the encore to see if it's as bad as I think it is.

I watched the previews and it looked stupid as hell. It looked like a cross between Jurassic Park, Avatar, Lost, and some reality show I can't remember the name of at the moment. Not even interested in watching more. Maybe if reviews pan out on this site, but I still doubt it.

On the west coast I got to see the last hour of it after the game. Will give it another shot, but was not impressed. Too many teen-agers, cheap special effects, blah dialgoue/"acting." Will try to catch the first hour I missed and see if that helps. A lot of these sci-fi shows I have been hoping for have been duds lately.

Did you ever get into Odyssey 5? That was a promising Sci-Fi show that got cancelled prematurely. Its too bad they never even got a chance to give us some closure. Basic premise, a crew of astronauts take off into space, and Earth explodes as they leave the atmosphere. They are met by a being called "The Seeker" or something of the like who has been trying to stop the exploding planet phenomenon (Earth apparently wasn't the first), and the crew of the ship is the first set of survivors from an exploding planet he's come across. He sends their consciousnesses 5 years back into the past (he's actually a machine or something, so he can't send his own consciousness) so that they can try to figure what caused the planet to explode and try to stop it. It was on Showtime, so it wasn't some watered-down network TV show.

I swear I even saw what looked like the same dude who played the asshat Colonel in Avatar too. Not good. I also cannot stand excess CGI. That's why I loved the first Jurassic Park so much. A lot of the dinosaurs were animatronics, which made them appear more lifelike. All CGI is nowadays is a copout to me.

Same with Star Wars. Most of the creatures were well-done costumes/puppets (although a couple of them did stand out as looking, well, like puppets), but then the special edition and prequels roll around and everything screams CGI.

When it comes to a big-budget show that has some sort of sci-fi element, I think Falling Skies is a better comparison, although I hold that opinion due to factors that seem to be ignored by the FS writers, so I really don't know how I could rush to judgment here.

I suppose I'll simply wait to see if they can follow through.

Not sure why everyone thinks it's like Avatar. I don't see that.

I watched before and during breaks of MNF and thought it was good. My only complaint is the special effects are a little weak.

I guess because Stephen Lang is in it and in the promo's it looks like he playing the same part he did in Avatar. To me it looks like Avatar meets Jurassic Park. I haven't seen it....guess I'll check On demand.

I dvr'd it and watched it last night. I agree with your assessment. Seems like it had promise, but rather pedestrian as far as innovative television goes. Seemed somewhat ho-um and even mundane in parts. The leader guy with the beard seems like he is always posing for a glam photo to me. My wife noticed it too.

Can someone explain how the people in dino-world communicate with people in future world? I get that future world can send stuff back, but I thought dino world couldn't send stuff the other way.

I also wondered this.

I also wondered how a show with an interesting plot could possibly be so boring thus far. There isn't much of a story or much of anything interesting going on. This weeks episode didn't seem to have much to do with last weeks. Maybe I didn't pay close enough attention?

Archived