Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Are Who We Hoped They Were

Captain Injury

Have we forgotten all the talk of this being a team we'd be proud of win or lose, and how we were so happy things were turning around, even though this season would probably be another season between 6-10 and 9-7 while we rebuild? Two of those wins come early in the season and now all the sudden we're superbowl bound?

I hate every skins loss. But if you'd have told me we'd be 2-1 to start the season with the loss being a classic who-loses-first road game in Dallas, I'd have taken a shot of Old Granddad, growled a little bit, and then been totally okay with it.

Have to agree, it's not same old skins as many are saying. It's being done the right way for once, the coaching is excellent, we're a disciplined and young team. We always knew Rex was a stopgap, we always knew the roster wasn't finished yet. Did it suck to lose this game? Absolutely but all things considered I'll take where they're at right now in a wide open and mostly flawed NFC.

Have to agree, it's not same old skins as many are saying. It's being done the right way for once, the coaching is excellent, we're a disciplined and young team. We always knew Rex was a stopgap, we always knew the roster wasn't finished yet. Did it suck to lose this game? Absolutely but all things considered I'll take where they're at right now in a wide open and mostly flawed NFC.

But when they botch routine snaps on FG attepts, that is the same old Skins. I watch tons of football every Sunday and I rarely ever see thgat happens to other teams. It ALWAYS happens to the Skins.

Phase 2 of the rebuild seems successful to me so far. People just want immediate returns. Just compare this year to last year. Then last year to the year before. Massive upgrading going on. Extrapolate that upgrading to next year and the year after. It's a slow and agonizing ride, but at least we're pointing up the hill and not down.

Have we forgotten all the talk of this being a team we'd be proud of win or lose, and how we were so happy things were turning around, even though this season would probably be another season between 6-10 and 9-7 while we rebuild? Two of those wins come early in the season and now all the sudden we're superbowl bound?

I hate every skins loss. But if you'd have told me we'd be 2-1 to start the season with the loss being a classic who-loses-first road game in Dallas, I'd have taken a shot of Old Granddad, growled a little bit, and then been totally okay with it.

Thank you I swear people act as if the world has ended.

We should be thankful that so far we have managed to be as healthy as one can be. We got Dirty 30 back last nite and he made immediate contributions to the defense. Orakpo only had cramps so on DEFENSE we're good. Offense no major injuries either. We'll regroup and correct the mental lapses/errors and prepare for St Louis. We'll head into our bye relatively healthy and get ready to go again.

I am PROUD of the way we kept fighting until the very end, yes I wanted to beat Dallass but we get them again in December at our house.

We're 2-1 and guess what so are the midgets and cowturds NO ONE is running away with this division :)

Just got back from the game - my impressions:

1) OL ridiculously better at pass blocking

2) running game as a whole is pretty mediocre.

3) Grossman isn't a solution at QB, unless the problem is getting Luck in the draft. I knew he would find a way to lose. I'm not sure what he was thinking on the final offensive play, but passing wasn't an option once he was chased out of the pocket. He could never have gotten his arm in passing position. Why he didn't just tuck the ball in and get what he could is beyond me.

4) Overall, the defense is good, but too many complete breakdowns. Jones would have had another 40 gain, except he tripped over his feet. Other than the big plays, the defense pretty much stuffed the run. Ditto for the pass defense. Overall a great job, but broke down at the worst possible times.

Look, we are what most reasonable fans thought we were...

A much improved team across the board with a significantly better culture but still a year or two from competing.

We got lucky and got a Giants team that was banged up. That said, a year or two ago we'd still have found a way to lose that game despite the situation. We didn't just win it, we won it in a pretty convincing fashion by the end. Something we didn't see happen against good teams in the past few years.

Then we came back on a pretty decent Arizona team when we were down, actually bucking adversity, and won a hard fought game towards the end. Again, very unlike past years.

This year we play a Dallas team that has been lighting teams up and we hold them to field goals, but their defense holds us as well.

We don't have Drama. We have some exciting young players with potential. We have young pieces on the O-Line to build around. We've got young people at skill positions.

We're not a playoff team..but prior to going 2-0 and having expectations rising as is normal in this town, we knew that fact. We're not a 3 win team either. The analysts that said that were idiots. We're a solid team that is improved in a lot of places but still needing time to:

1) Gel

2) Mature

3) Find a franchise QB

We're exactly what we thought we were going into this season. An improved team in a rebuild that is set to compete within the next two years.

They are who some of us thought they were - a team that is rebuilding but not as bad as everyone predicted

Trent Williams may of had a hold or two, but he did an outstanding job on DeMarcus Ware.

The FG attempt was blotched. That is an area to work on, but it is amazing how Gano (considered the worst in league by some posters) kept us in the game.

LL was a machine tonight.

Some of the run blocking was poor, but some was not. The instant 2 players slipped, the cleat situation should have been addressed. I can't totally fault Hightower and Helu.

Grossman threw an interception. He also made some nice passes.

3 games in and the Skins who were expected to be 0-3 are tied in a 3-way tie for 1st in the NFCE.

I am upset that the Skins lost. I didn't expect them to go undefeated this year. I was hoping for an 8-8 record, and I still think they are on track for that. One loss, after two wins, and they are the same old skins huh? Come on guys, don't give up yet.

wow all i can say for this game is that it was a tough loss to swallow. You can't really blame a single person for this loss because alot of different phases of the team made mistakes.

1) Special Teams - Sav Rocca botched fg(which would have given us the win 19-18), banks not doin ****

2) Defense -Dhall got burned and needs to shut his mouth, run D got exposed today - felix jones thrashed the redskins 115 yards on 14 carries.. And they gave up way too many big plays in general.

3) Offense - Cant score in the redzone, run game was weak, and grossman is not the savior of the skins.

4)Coaching - Haslett... all out blitz on 3rd and 21?!?!?! CMON MAN

On the bright side, were still 2-1. If anyone actually expected the redskins to go 16-0 this season, they are ****ting themselves because they are still a 7-9 or 8-8 team. Grossman can execute the offense but he is physically limited (weak arm strength, not mobile at all). We all knew he was a stopgap filling-in for now and the redskins will draft a franchise qb next year. The Defense has taken huge leaps from last year and will be fun to watch for the next couple years with landry, orakpo, and kerrigan. The direction is pointing up for the redskins who are still rebuilding but at least doing it in the right way.

We are a .500 team that could finish a little better or worse. This team wasn't going to go 4-0. 3-1 strong possibility but not 4-0.

Hall is mediocre. He needs to shut his mouth and cover people.

Rex is a stopgap and nothing more. I said the game would be tied and Rex would throw an Int returned for a score, giving Dallas the win. Well, Dallas had the lead instead but Rex had a shot to put us in a position to win but he fumbled.

If we can eek a playoff spot that would be a nice bonus. As long as the young plays learn how to play and hopefully learn how to win.

In order for us to become that regular contending team; we are going to have to draft a franchise QB. We won't be the Luck sweepstakes; one player isn't worth give up the house to get him. There should be other franchise QBs that Shanny and his spawn: Kyle can mold.

My preseason predictions had us going 2-3 before Grossman got Benched. Will that come true? We will have to see.

I am trying to be a new fan as well, and not be such a pessimist.

I see a little in the offense, but it is clear Grossman is stuck in the vortex in between horrible quarterback that loses games for you and great quarterbacks that win games for you. I really hate the the situation there, but hopefully it will get better.. Ready for the Rams.

HTTR

Damn it sucks losing to the turds...especially when we keep them out of the endzone for the ENTIRE game.

Love the fight the D has and can see them improving with more time together. For the 3rd and 21 call i'm pissed we couldn't generate more pressure than what we did. If any other team goes all out on us it's a guaranteed sack.

Archived