Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's the throws Grossman can't make that kill us.

NoCalMike

Whats so crazy. We are still in this. Eagles lost to Giants at home. Yes we lost to Dallas but it was at their place. We lost by one point. This game leaves bitterness in our mouth. We have the Rams next sunday then a bye week. Big game against Eagles after Bye week. Thats the game!!!! Honestly everything is fine with crazy rex. We are 2-1. Patriots are 2-1 lets see what happens. We are going to have horrible losses with Sexy, we knew this. I cant believe its not worse.

Yes, we are way better than last. I wish we threw the ball more to Helu out in the flats. Create some space for this guy. Im surprised

Thank You.

People who think we are going to build the team, and just plug somebody like Luck in and all of a sudden we are a Super Bowl contender are kidding themselves. Drafting a "franchise" QB does not guarantee anything. I'm not saying that isn't the direction we may need to go, but this idea that drafting a "Franchise" QB is the answer of all answers for this team is ridiculous.

There are no guarantees. We may not have any more success with a QB drafted, than we do with Rex or Beck. Less even. More often than not, they do not pan out, and if they don't you set your team back even further. I think Rex and the offense just need more time to gel, and the play-calling must improve.

I like what you said. I was one of the people who thought we would loose straight out for Luck. You make me think though. We all knew what we had with Rex. He made some great plays tonight and then some horrible ones. I think F. Jones made plays in key moments that put them over the top.

On a dime some among us will throw the baby out with the bathwater. These Washington Redskins are VASTLY IMPROVED over the 2010 version all day and twice on Sunday.However we still have areas of needs/improvement and we WILL get them corrected and be the TEAM we envision. We have 7 NEW STARTERS that still have to become comfortable with the schemes and teammates. NO ONE expected us to go undefeated did they? So most of us say we're a 7-9 / 9-7 team well this is ONE LOSS.

When we win 5 more games we are one game better than last year. Vastly improved? We'll see.

Also we have more than 7 new starters:

Safety

Corner

OLB

DE

NT

WR

RB

RG

Technically this is the first full season for:

QB

C

LG

As I've told countless people Beck just sees the field better and the team seems to play harder for Beck...nothing more to say

Based on what? A few preseason games? Two of which Beck didn't even start. I would say Grossman has been seeing the field just fine (though anything is an upgrade after Jason Campbell and his tunnel vision), but the OP got it right, the guy just isn't strong enough to run a truly explosive offense. And the idea that the team plays harder for Beck is, at the very least, slightly ridiculous. He hasn't played any regular season games, and since the preseason means a whole lot of nothing, we have no basis to say that that's true or false. All we can comment on is that after three games of this regular season, I think effort on the field is just about the least of our concerns. This team plays hard every night, which, at least to me, makes them an absolutely lovable team. They played hard against the Giants, fought through some mental errors to come back in a tough game against AZ, and they played hard last night. Playing hard doesn't make you exempt from mistakes, as we have clearly seen with our buddy Rex, but it does keep you competitive, even with minimal talent. Thus far, through three games, I say we've played hard behind Rex, while Beck's been riding pine.

When we win 5 more games we are one game better than last year. Vastly improved? We'll see.

Also we have more than 7 new starters:

Safety

Corner

OLB

DE

NT

WR

RB

RG

Technically this is the first full season for:

QB

C

LG

Forget wins and losses for a minute you are honestly saying you dont think this roster and what we are seeing is not a significant step forward on last year? I dont know how it all shakes out on the final record (around 8-8 would be my guess) but we are significantly better this year in the defensive front seven, running back, receiver and offensive line and heading the right direction. Just not arrived yet.

We are not gonna finish low enough to get Luck. So... basically' date=' we are set back another 2 years. By then, London Fletcher will be retired, most our players past their prime. Rinse, repeat....[/quote']

Luck is the prototype QB, yes, but there are many other QBs in 2012 draft that would fit the Skins offense just fine. Matt Barkley, Robert Griffin and Russell Wilson come to mind.

Don't get so hung up on Luck that you miss the boat on all the other prospects. Next years draft has the potential to beat out the 2004 draft that produced Eli, Rivers, and Big Ben.

Grossman is good when he is not fumbling or throwing into coverage. He just needs to find a way to limit those mistakes. I'm not confident that he ever will, but it is possible.

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 03:48 AM ----------

What? I had to check and see if this was a post last year about Donovan.

If anything, Rex throws too high and too deep, I don't recall any times where a guy had to 'run back' to catch a gorssman deep ball.

Rex's INT was way underthrown.

Can anyone please tell me why the hell we didn't continue doing this? I'm confused

Because it is easy for defenses to bring people to the line of scrimmage to stop the run, and then drop them into coverage for short throws on non-passing plays.

There's a reason weak armed QBs, even very accurate ones, don't have a whole lot of history of success in the NFL. You have to be able to complete some deep throws.

We are not gonna finish low enough to get Luck. So... basically' date=' we are set back another 2 years. By then, London Fletcher will be retired, most our players past their prime. Rinse, repeat....[/quote']

Yeah I already came to that realization and watching Luck's games on Saturday is really depressing for QB starved teams that are going to be out of Luck like us come draft day.

The single biggest problem tonight was that Grossman had absolutely no feel for pressure. He rushed himself when he had time and he was completely oblivious when he didn't. In fact, when Grossman was hurrying himself the result was unnecessarily poor footwork that robbed him of the arm strength needed to make the deep, outside throws (which he can make but just barely with his feet under him and the chance to step up).

Spot freaking on. This post deserves its own thread.

grossman has a ton of faults but the fact is he still is the best, most viable option that the redskins have. Sure he's limited but it isn't time to pull the plug on Rex until we're out of the playoffs (if we were ever in it :)

I think Beck has a stronger arm but that will only get you so far. If Beck can master the offense the way Rex starting to grasp it then we have something. I agree with your points though. He floats too many, has awful pocket awareness, small, hands, not a big arm etc. Shanny may be able to hide most of that though.

Grossman 5 TDs 5TOs (3int & 2 fumbles lost). If he fails in seattle he SHOULD be benched. If he's benched now, in Shanny I trust. Sadly I think lil' Shanny is just as bad as Grossman. Maybe he smoked too much weed with lil Simms.

Here's what scares me. In his career, Grossman has 45 TDs, and 50 TOs (43 INTs, 16 lost fumbles [26 total fumbles]). Even his best year in Chicago he had 23 TDs to 25 TOs. Look at his career stats, Grossman has only 1 season with more TDs than TOs, and that's his rookie year in 2003 where he had 2 TDs, 1 INT, and 3 fumbles but none lost. Other than that, this year's 1:1 TD:TO ration is the best of his career so far.

I know this team is has given us fits in the past, but I'm convinced that Grossman will single-handedly kill 10% of our fanbase with heart attacks if he plays the whole year.

Archived