Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Romo wont get hurt tonight...unless Rak>shovel

Mocountyskins

Is anyone watching ESPN??? The ceo just came on the show with the special vest that was just made for Romo sits to pee. The Man put the vest on and then gave a shovel to Ed Warner, Ed warner Hit the man in the chest 3 times with the steel end of the shovel. They werent pansy hits either. The Ceo laughed and said your going to have to do better than that.

So my question is. If you can laugh off being hit with a shovel 3 times. Then is that force greater or = to Rak goring you in the back?

Question: Does a device like that vest have to get approved by the NFL ahead of time, or is it a matter of being allowed as long as it fits under the Jersey and is unseen?

The only reason I ask is because how far is too far as far as wearing something that could effect a defender even being able to get a hold of and sack a player in the first place? I'd imagine if the vest is that strong and weighty, it will add some bulk to Romo sits to pee. Now the positives is, it could make him more immobile and effect his throwing motion, however does it also hurt the ability of defenders to wrap him up a nd bring him down?

Yeah also, that CEO was being hit with the shovel, but he didn't have a hurt rib in the first place. The vest may prevent a further injury, but it isn't going to protect against pain upon impact. If Orakpo slams into the vest, which causes the vest to slam into Romo sits to pee's ribs, that is still an object slamming into his ribs.

Question: Does a device like that vest have to get approved by the NFL ahead of time, or is it a matter of being allowed as long as it fits under the Jersey and is unseen?

I was wondering the same thing.

They should do a pregame story on what is permitted in the NFL. But if they did that, they'd have to reduce the Cowboys love fest from 95% of the show down to 94% of the show. And that's just pure blasphemy...

At this point the man was magically healed from a punctured lung..............so why on earth would he be concerned with a rib issue? That's long since healed as well. He's a.....hero (puke)

Really if he plays tonight there is NO WAY he had a lung puncture.

You have to remember. The CEO doesn't have a cracked rib/ punctured lung. Also consistent force i.e. being sacked, then being under the guy for a few seconds > a quick hit.

It's like fire. Go through fast and your not burned; but hold your hand there and well... you know.

Who cares?

You don't have to knock Romo sits to pee out of the game to win

In fact I'm thinking the longer he stays in the game the better off we will be

The key to this game is going to be how much time Romo sits to pee has to make a throw

If we come after him and move him around in the pocket he's got to move with that injury

He's got to raise his arm and throw on the run

Which like SWFL makes the great point of those kinds of things will limit his throws and create INT opportunities

The key to tonights game is if we can generate inside pressure from the middle of the line forcing Romo sits to pee to scramble to the outside into hopefully the waiting arms of Ryan and Brian

It's not if we can hit Romo sits to pee, imo

Flawed experiment... redo!

Break the CEO's ribs... give him 7 days to rest... put him in the vest... hit him again. It will hurt.

Better yet have him lay on the ground and a 300lb guy land on top of him..the vest only protects against impact not compression. Just like a shark suit,yes it will stop the teeth of a smaller shark,but your body could not withstand the bitting force of a great white..you would be crushed to death.

The head of a shovel has very little weight. Force = Mass*Acceleration.

Check out this video of Ray Lewis vs a Swat team battering ram slamming into a reinforced door. Think you can open that door by swinging a shovel at it? I doubt it.

Another thing to consider, the vest absorbs impact but the body inside the pads is still going to move as Romo sits to pee's torso rapidly changes direction or goes from a still to accelerating state. That will cause the ribs to flex, which they are designed to do, but if they are fractured that's exactly what you are looking to avoid. This will happen again when he lands... and again if someone lands on top of him. There is no vest on the planet that can counter the G forces of a collision and I'm not sure if that vest accounts for compression.

Flawed experiment... redo!

Break the CEO's ribs... give him 7 days to rest... put him in the vest... hit him again. It will hurt.

Great friggin point, never thought aobut it. Let alone let the CEO raise his arm above his head and atttempt a throw at the same time. hahhaa good one Ellis, thats two tonight I think .

Question: Does a device like that vest have to get approved by the NFL ahead of time, or is it a matter of being allowed as long as it fits under the Jersey and is unseen?QUOTE]

on the pre-game yesterday they were talking about the kevlar in Vicks helmet having to be approved through the helmet manufacturer, due to legalities with there league contract and injuries resulting due to a defective / non approved helmet design.....no idea where this relates with regards to the flak-jacket though this comes up every few years when a "star" (pun intended) gets hurt....

Archived