Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TOO MUCH Cowboys Gear in This Town!

stwasm

I believe the government planted them all there so the former presidents,Bush,Sr&Jr,would feel more at home.ow someone has to call pest control to get rid of em all.

Last year was my first trip to DC so i did the tourist thing and my wife and i saw all the sights.It was pretty cool.But i was amazed at the amount of cowpuke fans that i saw.

More importantly than all of the douche bags that wear Dallas gear around this area, I'd like to see MORE Redskins flags flying and Jerseys walking around. I've been flying mine all week and I hoped to see more out today. I want to shove my flags in every Dallas fans throat and hopefully we'll get the chance after tonight. If/When we win tonight, please let your flags fly all day tomorrow!

Who the hell wears a jersey on a treadmill?

:ols: Man I was thinking the same thing.

Not all Cowboy fans in the DC area are bad. I got an uncle and cousin who actually knows some stuff about the Cowboys and I could actually talk football with them..........

THE OTHER NINETY -NINETY percent could go eat a rag. I hope we punish these bammas tonight.

The George Preston Marshall excuse is crap.

The man is dead and the Redskins integrated almost 50 years ago. You have to learn how to let grudges go.

While I hate the number of Cowboys fans here, it isn't just "crap" and the feelings of African-Americans is more than just a "grudge." Not to go off topic, but while legal discrimination has been abolished, its effects can be seen today. All you have to do is look at the racial disparities in such categories as salary, housing, education, and criminal justice. Plus, even if he did finally integrate the Skins -- thanks to pressure from Congress -- he had it written in his will that none of his money would go to any firm that supported integration or civil rights. So, for a LOT of old-school football fans, Marshall and the Skins represent a painful time, something that's not easy to just "let go." That's like telling Jews to forget about the Holocaust because it happened so long ago. Plus, DC area Cowboys fans are so quick to point out how the Skins mistreated Doug Williams at the end of his tenure and the way Bobby Mitchell's #49 was given to a rookie -- something that Mitchell himself says was a slap in the face to him.

I don't agree with their feelings, but I understand them.

I did my first year of law school in Dallas. There's more Dallas gear worn here in DC than down there. People who rock that stuff here love to be contrarians. Call it a need for attention.

It's funny. When you ask people in Dallas about their football team, they'll claim UT, Oklahoma, A&M, etc before naming the Cowboys. There's also a lot of Redskins gear worn down their FWIW.

Tell about it..... have you gone into your local Walmart recently? I saw two jersey's Cooley and Moss. Dallas had like 4 different names. Then there is the hats, the Skins had 2 styles while the Cowboys had about 4 to 5 different styles... one on each shelf. I thought I was in Texas.

Tell about it..... have you gone into your local Walmart recently? I saw two jersey's Cooley and Moss. Dallas had like 4 different names. Then there is the hats, the Skins had 2 styles while the Cowboys had about 4 to 5 different styles... one on each shelf. I thought I was in Texas.

Why would you buy apparell at walmart? Let them buy the knockoff dallas jerseys which the numbers will fade after two washes.

I've said it so many times but I've got to say it again. I have more respect for Cowboys fans from Texas than I do those from this area. Cowboys fans from this area, if I had to guess/choose, they would be the first ones I would suspect of being a traitor or selling out in real life. I feel like I have less tolerance for them than a lot of people. Maybe because I've been to Texas and they haven't. Maybe because my father didn't give his Redskins fandom to me. I chose to be a Redskins fan of my own accord. Some of these Cowboys fans have Redskins fan parents that they just outright rejected.

They can never tell me how they became fans either. It's always "I've just always been a fan" One of them told me that they were a fan even when the Cowboys were 1-15 which would make them a fan at 2 years old. No human being is truly a fan of any team at 2 years old.

I've said it so many times but I've got to say it again. I have more respect for Cowboys fans from Texas than I do those from this area. Cowboys fans from this area, if I had to guess/choose, they would be the first ones I would suspect of being a traitor or selling out in real life. I feel like I have less tolerance for them than a lot of people. Maybe because I've been to Texas and they haven't. Maybe because my father didn't give his Redskins fandom to me. I chose to be a Redskins fan of my own accord. Some of these Cowboys fans have Redskins fan parents that they just outright rejected.

They can never tell me how they became fans either. It's always "I've just always been a fan" One of them told me that they were a fan even when the Cowboys were 1-15 which would make them a fan at 2 years old. No human being is truly a fan of any team at 2 years old.

I agree it does run in deep. My little brother is a Dallas fan and he is a womanizer doesn't support his kids and is an overall bad guy. He has also never been to Texas couldn't locate it on a map and hasn't even been to a Cowboys game. I myself am stable married with no criminal record Redskins season ticket holder loves my hometown of DC and I root for the Skins, Bullets and Nationals. When you dig deep into DC area Cowboys fans. There is definitely a negative personality profile that comes along with most of those clowns.

A lot of that trash in Richmond as well....I really wanted to tackle a guy off of the treadmill at the gym wearing a Romo sits to pee jersey, but resisted the urge......

>> BTW, you are allowed to do that if you are wearing an Orakpo jersey.

---------- Post added September-26th-2011 at 10:55 PM ----------

The George Preston Marshall excuse is crap.

The man is dead and the Redskins integrated almost 50 years ago. You have to learn how to let grudges go.

....and Doug Willams led the Redskins to a SuperBowl victory in 1987.

I was in Waldorf this past weekend for my 25th HS reunion and it astouds me how many of my fellow classmates grew up in the area and had on Cowboys crap this weekend. I just don't get it. I never will.
Damn, you must have went to school with a bunch of rednecks. Seriously, who wears NFL gear to 25th HS reunion festivities?

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 12:28 AM ----------

Why would you buy apparell at walmart? Let them buy the knockoff dallas jerseys which the numbers will fade after two washes.
Yeah, really. Walmart is probably the LAST place I'd buy my Redskins gear. NFLshop is the only way to go, bro.

• 1 month later...

Namely because I'm not rich and can't afford the $100+ jerseys being sold. I'll take the $30-$40 dollar type and not be as pissed when the player gets cut or traded. Although I still get pissed about that too.

Hey everyone!

I have a news flash.

Do you want to see less Dallas attention whores in the area? Stop acting like you give a rats ass about that team. Start telling Dallas fans around here that you have no problem with them, the giants and Eagles are the teams we really dislike. Tell them Dallas isn't even in the East and shouldn't be in the division.

Be apathetic to the Cowboys and it will put their fire out. If you keep saying things like "we could go 2-14 as long as we beat Dallas" they will continue to root for them just to piss you off.

Archived